BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBF Horsepower - Same as Cheating??

+14
BIGDOG466
knrclark
whatbumper
72mav
Frank Merkl
cool40
bbf-falcon
richter69
rmcomprandy
schmitty
dfree383
hillbillyerv
Tennessee Bullitt
Wheelie58
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BBF Horsepower - Same as Cheating?? Empty BBF Horsepower - Same as Cheating??

Post  Wheelie58 March 8th 2011, 3:13 pm

I had a call this morning informing me of rumors about my 58 "cheating" in the Unleashed Index races.
The basis for the allegations............I am running more MPH more than the Chevy guys! Therefore, I must be doing something illegal. These dudes are even allowed to spray to make the index.
This may be exactly what I need to make the decision to upgrade to the Thor heads and a bigger cam. If these guys are nervous about MPH....man...I can give them some more!
So, beware. If you are sporting a BBF, you may have an unfair advantage over your opponents :-)
Before the next race, I am going to duct tape some cardboard around the tunnel ram and put about a dozen wires coming out from under a rag taped on to my shifter. I may even put a little rubber antenna on the deck lid.
This will be even more fun...
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

BBF Horsepower - Same as Cheating?? Empty Re: BBF Horsepower - Same as Cheating??

Post  Tennessee Bullitt March 8th 2011, 3:17 pm

Well if they are saying you are cheating then put some bowtie emblems on it. Very Happy
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

BBF Horsepower - Same as Cheating?? Empty Re: BBF Horsepower - Same as Cheating??

Post  hillbillyerv March 8th 2011, 3:20 pm

sounds like a group of chity lovin sore LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, keep on spankin that ass Keith Twisted Evil
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 8th 2011, 3:21 pm

Keith, You want to borrow my USA 1 Plate......... Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty March 8th 2011, 3:44 pm

Put a couple of signs by some switches. "electronic turbo boost", and "jet fuel injector" and one that says "hold on mama". Make sure they are blank switches with no wires going to them, and watch them scratch their heads for hours.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 8th 2011, 4:02 pm

Sounds to me as if they have NO CLUE as to how a throttle stop works and what happens with the MPH when someone DOES know what they're doing, lol.

They simply need to learn how to drive to take best advantage of the index.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 March 8th 2011, 4:16 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:Sounds to me as if they have NO CLUE as to how a throttle stop works and what happens with the MPH when someone DOES know what they're doing, lol.

They simply need to learn how to drive to take best advantage of the index.

Yeah...but this index class does not allow timed throttle stops. I removed my stop and timer..and delay box from the car. Even with restrictor plates on the Toilets, it still runs pretty good. I think it was weighing around 3890# for most of the runs. The Walmart folks must think that I am a fitness freak....I bought all of their barbell weights last week for ballast.
Thanks!
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 8th 2011, 7:16 pm

Chevy sucks..........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty March 8th 2011, 7:54 pm

richter69 wrote:Chevy sucks..........

I like em.

For boat anchors, door stops, dead weight, and something to pick on and beat. Twisted Evil
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 8th 2011, 7:59 pm

It always amazes me why chevy guy's are such sore losers when a well running Ford kicks their ass Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 8th 2011, 8:00 pm

anytime you run good your gona have them gunnen for you.sounds like your gona have a lotta fun with them. Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl March 8th 2011, 8:10 pm

Hell I got more Mph than most of the low 7- high 6 sec dragsters in my class at 7.60's @187 mph and I love it!!!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 8th 2011, 8:48 pm

I'm gonna piss off a whole nest of BBC power adder guys this season..............hell they already mad............I take great pleasure in doing it.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty March 8th 2011, 8:52 pm

What's funny is that even after you beat them, they just say it's either just lucky or you cheated. Suspect Then they check you over, tear it apart, and can't find anything illegal, still won't admit that you make more power than they do, and go spend a pile of money on better stuff only to lose again. scratch
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav March 8th 2011, 11:53 pm

Wheelie58 wrote:
So, beware. If you are sporting a BBF, you may have an unfair advantage over your opponents :-)
Keith

We already know that Keith... Very Happy
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 9th 2011, 12:00 am

richter69 wrote:I'm gonna piss off a whole nest of BBC power adder guys this season..............hell they already mad............I take great pleasure in doing it.

you ain't gonna piss off a little ole small block w/power adder from Texas though. afro

just hope it doesn't piss off all the rest of the Oklahoma cars. lol!

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

BBF Horsepower - Same as Cheating?? Empty Funny

Post  knrclark March 9th 2011, 12:25 am

That is funny Keith. Sore losers. I would have been over there congratulating you on a good win. Great job, do it again. I here the only thing better than a Wally is another one.
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 March 9th 2011, 10:08 am

schmitty wrote:What's funny is that even after you beat them, they just say it's either just lucky or you cheated. Suspect Then they check you over, tear it apart, and can't find anything illegal, still won't admit that you make more power than they do, and go spend a pile of money on better stuff only to lose again. scratch

Alot of that is the fact they the individuals are clueless...... Twisted Evil
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty March 9th 2011, 10:54 am

dfree383 wrote:
schmitty wrote:What's funny is that even after you beat them, they just say it's either just lucky or you cheated. Suspect Then they check you over, tear it apart, and can't find anything illegal, still won't admit that you make more power than they do, and go spend a pile of money on better stuff only to lose again. scratch

Alot of that is the fact they the individuals are clueless...... Twisted Evil
More like brainwashed Wink
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 March 9th 2011, 8:56 pm

Keith,
I remember years ago a car like yours was at Brown County Dragway was that you? I had a Orange 70 Merc Cyclone and paked on top of the hill.

All I can say is you need to put this on the back window of your car

"You think you know, but you have know idea!"

Mess with their head get all in it! Very Happy Very Happy
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

BBF Horsepower - Same as Cheating?? Empty Bean Blossom Boogie

Post  Wheelie58 March 9th 2011, 10:34 pm

BIGDOG466 wrote:Keith,
I remember years ago a car like yours was at Brown County Dragway was that you? I had a Orange 70 Merc Cyclone and paked on top of the hill.

Yes!
That was me.
I used to go the Brown County Dragway (Bean Blossom) to watch my '58 run when I was about 12 years-old. My buddy, Paul Johnson used to race it there. I always go back there to race when I get a chance....just for the memories. I just ran there last summer!
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn March 9th 2011, 11:02 pm

That is so true Keith!!! Several times at our 1/8 mile track, I was accused of lying about the cubic inch of my engine in the Banana. One guy told a friend of mine last year, that "there's no way that's a 521 in that truck" 'cause I ran door to door with one of the track favorite's 632 powered Chevelle. Every pass!! Laughing Laughing I guess they just can't take it... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea March 10th 2011, 1:31 pm

Love it!

When we were truck pulling we put a NOS decal on the front weight bar and put some braided lines in the floor board with a bunch of junk overtop where you could just see a couple inches of braided line Twisted Evil

Another competitor, with GM power, got protested so they pumped him and it read 447 cubic inches (470 was the size limit) so at the next pull he had "447 CI" on his hood Razz

I get some of those comments on occasion "He must be spraying" because I'm nearly all steel with roll up windows, full interior etc...
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 March 10th 2011, 6:27 pm

Wheelie58 wrote:
BIGDOG466 wrote:Keith,

Yes!
That was me.
I used to go the Brown County Dragway (Bean Blossom) to watch my '58 run when I was about 12 years-old. My buddy, Paul Johnson used to race it there. I always go back there to race when I get a chance....just for the memories. I just ran there last summer!
Keith

I thought that was you, don't see many of those around.
I got this saying on the back of my car and it pisses the cebby boys off bad

"HAVE YOU BEEN LOADED UP BY A FORD LATELY"

Good job on your win

BIGDOG thinking its going to be a BBF year

BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues March 10th 2011, 11:30 pm

Yeah these guys in my index have complained about me running 4-5 more mph than them. Some have said Im spraying it but I take the hood off and all I got is a dommy and D0VE heads!!!! lol!
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next