BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening day at the track started off the season great

+2
ThndrChkn
4thHorseman
6 posters

Go down

Opening day at the track started off the season great Empty Opening day at the track started off the season great

Post  4thHorseman March 12th 2011, 8:34 pm

Albuquerque Dragway opeded up today, There was a great turnout and a lot of quick cars. DA was 6700' which isn't half bad for our track. My ride busted off uncorrected 10.6 on the motor and a 10 flat on bottle (150hp hit progressive) with bad surging going on mid track to the traps. I'm thinking either my pressure was down a bit or the constant bottle top-offs have given me a bad fill and I should just drain it at fill it fresh. I didn't get mph's for my 2 passes because they were having trouble with their system. scratch Either way, I'm pretty happy with the slips. Running 6.4 in the 1/8th with 1.51 60'. Again, this is a mile high track so these numbers * .9328 nhra correction look pretty good for my home grown stang. On the surging nos pass I even took out a '69 cuda that has been in the magazines and the guy is a big cheese with the local mopar crowd. Kinda cocky too which is a bonus. All hail the BBF!
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Opening day at the track started off the season great Empty Re: Opening day at the track started off the season great

Post  ThndrChkn March 12th 2011, 8:46 pm

Congrats. It's always good to start off the season with a "W". Cool Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Opening day at the track started off the season great Empty Re: Opening day at the track started off the season great

Post  the Coug March 12th 2011, 9:08 pm

Hey horseman you comming to Amarillo this year? I hope so then we can hand it to the chevy guys
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 March 12th 2011, 9:20 pm

Sounds like a good day.
Keep on showing them how its done!
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace March 12th 2011, 9:46 pm

Hey is Costa still running the track? Let me know if Mike Miller and His dad show up. I guess they switched to a 638 Madcap chevy engine last year after I bought his Cameron car.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane March 12th 2011, 11:22 pm

Congrats. Must be nice to be racing already. Careful or you'll be in the nines and will have to spend some more money on safety stuff. Good luck.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  4thHorseman March 13th 2011, 12:37 am

Thanks for the encouragement. Here's a video of that 10 flat pass. Looks like a typical late night street brawl on Eubank Ave. Yes, craptastic burnout and 60' but I still pulled it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj5rSp1azso

I'd love to go to some other tracks like Amarillo but I'm not sure my rickedy trailer could do it. Soon I'll have a nice one though.
4thHorseman
4thHorseman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down