BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

got a question on a 460 waterneck

2 posters

Go down

got a question on a 460 waterneck Empty got a question on a 460 waterneck

Post  scottke March 28th 2011, 11:45 pm

Ok, I'm putting in 16an fittings for radiator hoses. My problem is in the intake there is no provision for my temp guage fitting ( 1/2 inch npt ). does someone make a waterneck for a BBF intake with a provision to connect this fitting?

I've found what I need in jegs( http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/53017/10002/-1?parentProductId=761020 ) , but they say for chevy and mopar. is the bolt pattern for a BBF and a bbc the same?? Crying or Very sad

Thanks for any help guys.
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

got a question on a 460 waterneck Empty Re: got a question on a 460 waterneck

Post  c.evans March 28th 2011, 11:56 pm

No the Ford bolt pattern is different. The bolts are closer together than the Chevy or Mopar. What about drilling and tapping the front face of your intake manifold, just below the water neck area? By front face I mean the part facing the radiator.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke March 29th 2011, 12:24 am

Hey Charlie, hows it going. Car is coming along good, barring anything crazy, I should be ready for the bash!

I thought about that, was hoping to find something that would work otherwise. guess I'll have to drill. Thanks.
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans March 29th 2011, 12:47 am

Scott,

There is a flat area there, below the water neck, and there maybe already be one or two holes drilled in there. I have drilled and tapped in an AN-16 fitting in that area facing the radiator, and then made a block-off plate out of flat aluminum to cover over where the thermostat goes. Another option is just make a thermo block-off plate out of 3/8" thick alum. and tap it for the AN-16 fitting.

See ya' at the Bash!

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down