BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What trans/flexplate shields for c6 foxbody combo ?

4 posters

Go down

What trans/flexplate shields for c6 foxbody combo ? Empty What trans/flexplate shields for c6 foxbody combo ?

Post  nuclearcobra April 14th 2011, 7:53 am

What do you guys use for shields and what fits best ? i use a rci trans blanket now but i'm going to need a flexplate shield also, i was looking at the csr supershield which covers both but i would rather spend the $315 it cost on new pants/jacket and helmet.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

What trans/flexplate shields for c6 foxbody combo ? Empty Re: What trans/flexplate shields for c6 foxbody combo ?

Post  BOSS 429 April 14th 2011, 11:40 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:What do you guys use for shields and what fits best ? i use a rci trans blanket now but i'm going to need a flexplate shield also, i was looking at the csr supershield which covers both but i would rather spend the $315 it cost on new pants/jacket and helmet.

the csr sheild will not fit a ( this is the one which covers the whole top) stock fire wall fox well enought a must II with out work to the car, and noone makes a flex plate sheild for a 429/c6 fox that bolt in,i carried a letter from nhra,and jw for a few years because of this to get thru tec, the easiest is to trim the steel sheild for the fox, i have a used one for sale, trimed. feel free to pm me,or call me
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

What trans/flexplate shields for c6 foxbody combo ? Empty Re: What trans/flexplate shields for c6 foxbody combo ?

Post  nuclearcobra April 15th 2011, 8:48 am

This is for my 84 and i didn't think you could cut on them and still have it cert ? i ordered one yesterday so monday i'll see how it fits.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang April 15th 2011, 4:08 pm

CSR shield fits with 1.5" engine drop.
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 April 16th 2011, 12:45 am

GTmustang wrote:CSR shield fits with 1.5" engine drop.
Gary

i could see that working,yes, you also have to cut off the tabs from the bell,or cut the sheild
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang April 16th 2011, 10:00 am

BOSS 429 wrote:
GTmustang wrote:CSR shield fits with 1.5" engine drop.
Gary

i could see that working,yes, you also have to cut off the tabs from the bell,or cut the sheild
The tabs on the bell are useless, just cut them off! Cutting the shield may cause it to fail.
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Merkl April 18th 2011, 7:49 pm

the first thing I do when building a trans is the ears on the front come off and the dowel holes bored the rest of the way for long dowels, makes it so nice to have about 2' dowel sticking out of the back of the block that has a nice taper on it for the first inch !!
Frank
Frank Merkl
Frank Merkl

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 30th 2011, 12:49 am

You aint kiddin Boss about them not fittin without trimming i tried and tried then it was up to the sawzall and grinder Shocked it fits now Very Happy
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down