BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update from Mission by Frank Merkl

+37
John I.
738drvr
psfracer
bbf-falcon
cool40
f250mike
bosshoss
res0rli9
John Myrick
the Coug
Tony M
Sleeperstang
Ranch71460
Diggindeeper
Curt
dfree383
BBFforLYF
DILLIGASDAVE
David Cole
Lem Evans
Mark Miller
Mark Laczo
69F100
racnrick
Darrin Gorham
schmitty
richter69
c.evans
Mike R
jasonf
bruno
Moodyblues
D's557BBF
Gregaust
56Tbird
D. Sea
Frank Merkl
41 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Update from Mission by Frank Merkl - Page 5 Empty Re: Update from Mission by Frank Merkl

Post  Doug Rahn October 29th 2011, 4:41 am

I've always thought the rules were pretty simple, no gray area there. Are they different up there in the great white north?

You go Red=You lose!
You cross the centerline=You lose!
You touch the wall=You lose!
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Update from Mission by Frank Merkl - Page 5 Empty Re: Update from Mission by Frank Merkl

Post  56Tbird October 29th 2011, 4:56 am

It's pretty simple...The MPH that Frank's car pulled over the car means that his car was the fastest...not the quickest that pass , but the fastest. The other guy redlit ,so the race was over anyway.383 SBC....WTFE...Never seen a Chebbie guy tell the truth about what they're running Razz
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 October 29th 2011, 10:28 am

Guys who knows how big his motor really is it can be a 400 plus stroked 383 but it also has a blower on the car and I bet he was running the bottle also, because the times I have seen for him this year have been 8.40's 8.50's. so I bet he has a 400 plus cubed motor with a blower and nitrous on the car, his name is Nick Duda is what I found. Heck next time instead of whining about the tree if it was not right he needs to click it off and come back to run again, with such a big difference in trees after first bulb he could have shut the car down instead of actually leaving and than asked to do it on the 4 pro tree.

Doug

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf October 29th 2011, 11:40 am

That is one chevy boy that must have had it "turned up!" eh Blake?? lol! lol!
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sleeperstang October 31st 2011, 5:59 pm

cobrakid8 wrote:Guys who knows how big his motor really is it can be a 400 plus stroked 383 but it also has a blower on the car and I bet he was running the bottle also, because the times I have seen for him this year have been 8.40's 8.50's. so I bet he has a 400 plus cubed motor with a blower and nitrous on the car, his name is Nick Duda is what I found. Heck next time instead of whining about the tree if it was not right he needs to click it off and come back to run again, with such a big difference in trees after first bulb he could have shut the car down instead of actually leaving and than asked to do it on the 4 pro tree.

Doug

My motor consists of a stock 4 bolt 350 block, half filled. An eagle 383 (385 cuz of .040 over) rotating assembly, probe off the shelf dished pistons, victor jr cylinder heads, 162ci b&m supercharger (8psi) .625" lift roller cam, an 850 demon carb, two plates, one with an 86 n20 jet, and the other usualy runs a 82, but for our match race i took it down to 78 due to the probe pistons caving in the centers (.150 thick) .. i have an off the shelf tci super street-fighter convertor, with a stock case powerglide, 3.89 gears and 35 spline axles... the car has gone as quick as 7.89 at 172mph (2680lbs), and 60 fts 1.15 consistantly... it has been 7.92 through the mufflers back to back, but for bracket racing (canada west doorslammers) i choose to run it in the top half of the ladder with just one kit on. There are no secrets to what my power-plant is. There is no doubt that the car i was racing should have beaten me... i was banking on the fact that i knew i could make it down the track and he was going to spin... i wasnt wrong... the only reason i took the race challenge on was to prove that my little 383ci motor could get there first, and it did.. red-light or not... i agree it would be great to see the merkl boys get into the 6s with the three speed... i think they have the ability, and the cubic inches!

Sleeperstang

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 31st 2011, 6:09 pm

jasonf wrote:That is one chevy boy that must have had it "turned up!" eh Blake?? lol! lol!

Found tha knob.................. Twisted Evil
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 November 1st 2011, 6:20 pm

Sounds good not to hard to run high 7's or low 8's with a small block with 2 different choices off power adders, and you did get there first but the point of a match race is to win not to get there first, so the red-light matters, i really wished you guys would have lined them back up again but I am sure next year even with Frank's old motor he wipes the floor with ya even if he does not make it down straight as an arrow and spins that is what happens when you take a new motor out to play sometimes.

Doug

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5