BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

c6 trans. opinion

4 posters

Go down

c6 trans. opinion Empty c6 trans. opinion

Post  68fstbck September 15th 2009, 10:12 pm

Tried this on the other site no takers yet so I'll try here too.
Earlier this year I got a good deal on a P.A. comp. c6 trans. reverse manual version. I got a good deal because it's been sitting crated from P.A. comp at a warehouse for about 4 to 5 years. It's never had fluid or anything in it, except from assembly at factory. What I need to know is should I put new gaskets in it or run it like it is? After sitting that long would gaskets dry up? How should I proceed ? Thanks

68fstbck

Back to top Go down

c6 trans. opinion Empty Re: c6 trans. opinion

Post  Greg_P September 15th 2009, 10:21 pm

Put it in and take a pressure reading. I would bet that it is good to go as-is.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  68fstbck September 15th 2009, 10:43 pm

Now that was fast! I'm not a trans. guy so I'm learning as I go here, how and where to take a pressure test I'll find out when I get to that point. Dose it need to run for awhile to get full of fluid before a pressure check can be made? Reason I'm asking is the motors not done yet and I'm trying to work on the things that I can, or at least I can try. I've pulled two cores apart to see what there made of but thats it. Any thoughts on a good c6 manual? I was thinking of getting the badshoes video to help understand the finer points and functions.

68fstbck

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 15th 2009, 10:45 pm

If its been sealed up good I'd put fluid in it and go, a pressure test is a good idea as stated to make sure there are no stuck valves that could make for low press and smoke the unit. Run it through all the gears real good, if alls well give it hell.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Notch 501 September 16th 2009, 12:18 am

just intalled a new tranny......my tranny guy told me to put about 10 liters in and leave it sit for 20 mins. start engine leave let it run for 15 mins. in neutral...then add to fill... he wants to pressure test it before i go racing.......oh yea a liter in the converter before installation....
Notch 501
Notch 501

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down