BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i dont understand ???

+35
jbozzelle
valleydawg
DILLIGASDAVE
rmcomprandy
billandlori
whitefield
KY JELLY
plowboy34
the Coug
res0rli9
windsor
IDT-572
BOSS 429
f250mike
schmitty
cool40
Race Ready Fabrications
jasonf
56Tbird
bbf-falcon
Barney
Lem Evans
John Myrick
bigblok2000ranger
69F100
QtrWarrior
whatbumper
nuclearcobra
TravisRice
richter69
dfree383
61coon
Dave Maxwell
bruno
39 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

i dont understand ??? - Page 5 Empty Re: i dont understand ???

Post  billandlori Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 22:14

rmcomprandy wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
138 wrote:Ok dumb question.... if the almighty god like Kasse were to frequent this board would others feel even more intimidated to post answers?

Not in the least ... It might actually alleviate of a lot of the miss-information, lol.
But, knowing Jon, he probably would refrain from a lot simply because he wouldn't wish to step on any toes.

In the early 80's, I remember several conversations with and listening to several "brainstorming" sessions with Zora Duntov and Smokey Yunick when they were consultants at Holley.
NEITHER would ever push his thoughts upon anyone. They would first ASK you what you thought - then say that it would probably be a good way to go about it - then, if you waited long enough to get their whole response, would usually go on to say - "If it was mine, I would ...".

Wow, that would have been awesome to be in that room!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 22:19

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
richter69 wrote:get your ass in the chassis section where you belong damn it lol
Kinda calm in that section.

Heard the ruckus in here and thought it might be worth a giggle or two. At least it's not like over on the bullet where you would swear everyone there was on the rag at the same time. Laughing

If every registered member here got on at the same time and acted like the Coug it would still lack enough negativity to be in the ten percentile of the 'bullet............. Wink

and there is a good little ladder bar thread underway there currently...........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 22:23

Why Brother Fabio...what are you trying to say? Surely Brother Coug has a little more negativity than your giving him credit for affraid
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 22:49

richter69 wrote:.......and there is a good little ladder bar thread underway there currently...........

Saw it, put in my $.000002. Laughing That's the kind thread where you really wish the car was in front of you with a tape measure & square in hand vs having your hands tied just "looking" at it over the interwebs.

Last edited by DILLIGASDAVE on Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 22:51; edited 1 time in total
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 22:49

richter69 wrote:
DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
richter69 wrote:get your ass in the chassis section where you belong damn it lol
Kinda calm in that section.

Heard the ruckus in here and thought it might be worth a giggle or two. At least it's not like over on the bullet where you would swear everyone there was on the rag at the same time. Laughing

If every registered member here got on at the same time and acted like the Coug it would still lack enough negativity to be in the ten percentile of the 'bullet............. Wink

and there is a good little ladder bar thread underway there currently...........
that's one reason i dont post much on "the bullet",95% dick heads,not counting the HrRo'S!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 1:12

richter69 wrote:
windsor wrote:I just get annoyed at reading all the sarcastic green oil, m5, etc comments that take a thread off topic real quick because a few are privy to an inside joke.

I'm with you, Nick.

dang Lem watch out, no more smart ass off topic comments no matter what color..........we are all guilty of it to some degree.........so be careful what you wish for. IMO you'll run off what few people post here as it is rather than gain members. Sure there will be some good tech as there always is but if you delete or have a no tolerance policy this place will be a ghost town.

It just gets old post after post, that's all I'm sayin. Love this site.
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  valleydawg Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 7:46

Yea I have been slammed a few times here saying they didnt think my stuff will not run that number or they didn’t think my motor build was correct etc, etc. I have bit my tongue because there are a lot more knowledgeable people on this site than me but of course I wanted to say come watch the junk run. Now if I have something to say I just usually MP them. I still do enjoy keeping up with everyones builds and rides. Randy W

Last edited by valleydawg on Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 9:02; edited 1 time in total
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 8:54

No one better yell at me Shocked cause i won't come back here for at least two weeks affraid so now take that lol! But on a real note i don't think the ribbin and raggin is that bad in here i mean this ain't sunday school and it ain't even close to the bs on the bullit, nothings gonna be 100% perfect all the time scratch so try not to worry yourself to death Bruno you still got the best big ford site around cheers and its gonna keep gettin better despite a few terds here and there !
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 11:10

IDT-572 wrote:
KY JELLY wrote:White field truest post on this thread and yes you getting a little praise there Very Happy

x2

Thanks and Congratts Randy to you and your new Bride
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 12:46

The biggest problem on ANY forum like this is that people do not know what the "intent" of the other person is when they post something. Something as simple as not using a smiley when posting can cause some guys to spout off and start flaming each other. I bet half of the crap wouldn't happen if we were always sitting in front of each other talking face to face... People are run off for poor grammar, others for asking what someone thought was a "stupid" question. I think everybody just needs to remember where they came from. No one on here was born with "all" of the knowledge... We're all here trying to soak it all up, so be nice and spread the wealth. Accept the fact that people are NOT like you or me and are actually different in opinions, values, financially, careers, etc... Once you come to accept that you can also learn to get along. I think if everyone just thought about it for a second or two before posting things would be alot easier. I for one don't like the threads getting muddied up with bs, even though I've been part of it. Almost all of it is friendly in nature, but then there are still a few threads where guys call each other out and crap goes downhill fast. I like this site because we mostly self moderate ourselves. I think we do that so well because about 75% of us on here have met each other before and we know when someone is joking or being serious.

I found the old Net54 site years ago and knew absolutely jackshit about BBFs... All I knew at the time was I wanted to try building one and wanted to know what to do to make it go fast. I still don't know it all and don't have deep pockets like some guys here do. So I just sit back, do what I can with what I have and admire everybody else's work and accomplishments. I've stuck it out with you guys from that site to this one because we all seem to gel fairly well. I consider this to be the better of the two sites, irregardles sof sponsors or the amount of forums.

Maybe it's just my upbringing of treat others like you want to be treated, or my job that has taight me that sometimes you need to not say certain things to keep the relatonship going for the good. If you need to bite your tongue for the better of the forum, or for your upstanding reputation, then be a man and do so. If you don't like a guy don't post if that makes you feel better...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  plowboy34 Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 16:12

well said jbozzelle

plowboy34

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 16:41

Whether or not anyone likes to admit it it is/was some of the same people causing the issues on both boards.

Last edited by bigblok2000ranger on Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 20:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to clarify a bit!)
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 18:24

rules out dfree and the coug, they have been banned over there for some time lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 19:16

richter69 wrote:rules out dfree and the coug, they have been banned over there for some time lol.

Guess the stage is all your's...... tongue lol!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 20:09

richter69 wrote:rules out dfree and the coug, they have been banned over there for some time lol.

Lol not exactly what I meant. But I edited the post.

I would like to hear Dave's side of the story about what happened over there obviously what I have heard was one sided.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 20:22

Ole Dave has chilled out since those days. This new Fiance'e has tamed him abit in his old age farao Razz

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 20:51

Lol seems Jon has calmed down too did he get a new Fiance as well?

Lol
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  afrfox Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 22:57

I like the site.

There is just gonna be some bull crap no matter what. I learn a lot here and rarely open my mouth. If you read and have some patience someone else has or most likely will ask"your dumb question" and either gotten their answer or flamed or even gang raped for it. Sometimes it does get out of hand but it doesn't usually last long. The knowledgeable members are listened to and the shit talkers are overlooked and even avoided. The knowledge gained well outweighs the bull crap. Those that like this place will stay and those that don't will leave.
As far as sponsors go, face it, they are here for the money. As long as they make a return on the investment they will keep paying for advertisement. Just like the engine builders and parts vendors, they are on this site to sell parts and build engines. The smart ones are just forum members that offer good solid advice, post their builds and results and pick up customers, all for the small price of a few strokes on the keyboard.Then some are just enthusiasts that honestly want to help and enjoy seeing people get the most from their builds. The rest of us are here to learn or talk shit. We all fit in somewhere.

Nick, at my house you do what I say or leave.....

Last edited by afrfox on Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 23:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspelled word.)

afrfox

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 Thu 5 Jan 2012 - 23:24

dfree383 wrote:

I dont care for it over there much, too many adds and useless sections and stuff. I hear the moderator in an ass........................ Razz Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 0:07

I don't overstand.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 0:28

Lem Evans wrote:I don't overstand.
I'm not surprised Laughing
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 0:48

bigblok2000ranger wrote:Lol seems Jon has calmed down too did he get a new Fiance as well?

Lol

Dave's Fiance is Miss Camel and see just left him affraid ,,but he sent her sister over to Jon cheers

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 1:14

afrfox wrote: I like the site.

There is just gonna be some bull crap no matter what. I learn a lot here and rarely open my mouth. If you read and have some patience someone else has or most likely will ask"your dumb question" and either gotten their answer or flamed or even gang raped for it. Sometimes it does get out of hand but it doesn't usually last long. The knowledgeable members are listened to and the shit talkers are overlooked and even avoided. The knowledge gained well outweighs the bull crap. Those that like this place will stay and those that don't will leave.
As far as sponsors go, face it, they are here for the money. As long as they make a return on the investment they will keep paying for advertisement. Just like the engine builders and parts vendors, they are on this site to sell parts and build engines. The smart ones are just forum members that offer good solid advice, post their builds and results and pick up customers, all for the small price of a few strokes on the keyboard.Then some are just enthusiasts that honestly want to help and enjoy seeing people get the most from their builds. The rest of us are here to learn or talk shit. We all fit in somewhere.

Nick, at my house you do what I say or leave.....

Good post cheers

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 9:22

richter69 wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

I dont care for it over there much, too many adds and useless sections and stuff. I hear the moderator in an ass........................ Razz Very Happy

That's a compliment coming from you, LOL! I can take it.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  meandad Fri 6 Jan 2012 - 11:35

how about a big group hug? clown

meandad

http://jpsherte@hughes.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next