BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i dont understand ???

+35
jbozzelle
valleydawg
DILLIGASDAVE
rmcomprandy
billandlori
whitefield
KY JELLY
plowboy34
the Coug
res0rli9
windsor
IDT-572
BOSS 429
f250mike
schmitty
cool40
Race Ready Fabrications
jasonf
56Tbird
bbf-falcon
Barney
Lem Evans
John Myrick
bigblok2000ranger
69F100
QtrWarrior
whatbumper
nuclearcobra
TravisRice
richter69
dfree383
61coon
Dave Maxwell
bruno
39 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

i dont understand ??? - Page 2 Empty Re: i dont understand ???

Post  Barney January 3rd 2012, 9:34 pm

Ribbing and smack talk is one thing, but if post after post is disrespectful, off topic, and offers no value that's something entirely different. You don't have to immediately give people timeouts, or ban them. You can start by just deleting the posts, and sending them a PM then progressively take more appropriate action if it continues. I'm as guilty as anyone of being inappropriate at times, but do know how to take a hint. If someone deletes a post of mine and sends me PM I know the parties over.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 3rd 2012, 9:37 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Why could i know that.....and I have no info as to something about Curt....tell me about it?

x2

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 3rd 2012, 9:38 pm

Yes, some threads do need to be locked...but...most of the time they just can be locked.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 3rd 2012, 9:39 pm

I don't mind someone deleting my post,but atleast pm,call,or email me why it was deleted.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird January 3rd 2012, 9:40 pm

He finally found the present I left in his MotorCoach and went Krazy?????
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 3rd 2012, 9:41 pm

Delete and lock are two different issues i.m.o.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf January 3rd 2012, 9:48 pm

There is really just a couple people that seem to start shit in everyone else's thread. I think the solution is pretty obvious.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney January 3rd 2012, 9:49 pm

I suppose if it's progressive, objective, and unbiased it's all good.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior January 3rd 2012, 9:56 pm

Deleting posts could work, if they get the hint
PM them why and ask them to stop...
If they persist..Make an example of them.....

After that first one, the rest should fall in line...
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications January 3rd 2012, 10:28 pm

This is a great place with great people and info.....for the most part. Some threads end up way outta whack and even further off topic. It's easy to be cocky, rude or just indifferent over the Internet, but some here take it to a new level, and maybe some things are read not the way they were intended. There's been many times I've not answered someone's post or even started a thread of my own because I know someone will wanna be a smart ellic and make it something's it's not. We all have our opinions and we should stand behind them no matter what someone else thinks, but some need to learn when to pull the trigger and when to holster up their guns.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 January 3rd 2012, 10:30 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:Deleting posts could work, if they get the hint

deleting would be good.locking a thread with good info means its over with.the B/S that goes on with some who are on here often is just fun,kinda like an inside joke, but some folks dont know and dont take it that way.some act like dicks and need their post deleted.if you dont have something good to say................just SFU! Wink
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 January 3rd 2012, 10:38 pm

cool40 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:Deleting posts could work, if they get the hint

deleting would be good.locking a thread with good info means its over with.the B/S that goes on with some who are on here often is just fun,kinda like an inside joke, but some folks dont know and dont take it that way.some act like dicks and need their post deleted.if you dont have something good to say................just SFU! Wink

or take it to the bar and grill scratch
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty January 3rd 2012, 11:26 pm

A bad deal can happen anywhere, anytime, but it only continues when two or more decide to act like tough guys on a keyboard. A deleted post now and then is a good thing. Nick, I know you got raked over the coals for deleting stuff when this site was starting, but you have to keep the peace brother. I think a few deletes to keep stuff off of here that does no good is a good thing. I'd say limit it to the tech sections, the B&G is open game, and they know that things in there can get hairy once in a while. General section is just that, but keep the language G rated, because you never know whose kid is watching. No one wants this site to be over nanny'd but a certain civility should be required. I've offered you plenty of times to in the past to help out, and that offer still stands. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 January 3rd 2012, 11:56 pm

i think i may hold the title for the only locked thread in this section! king
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike January 4th 2012, 12:03 am

Stand your ground Nick!!
I'm here to learn and make friends.
If that goes away I'm out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 January 4th 2012, 12:15 am

NICK THS IS YOUR PLACE, DO WHAT YOU WANT!

YOU WANT TO DELETE A THREAD THEN DO IT, YOUR THE BOSS HERE

DONT BAN THEM, JUST DELETE THE POSTS YOU DEEM UNFIT, THEY WILL GET THE HINT.
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 January 4th 2012, 12:18 am

TravisRice wrote:Well for me it has been about 10 months since I have posted anything of any value or contribution to the site. I opted on my behalf just to back out and let you guys hash it out. I won't drag my issues with someone on the board out on a public forum for eveyone else to critique. I do that out of respect for Nick and a lot of the other useful builders / fabricators here not to mention not trying to make an ass out of myself. There does seem to be plenty of that to go around here though. Right now there is atleast 5 post with ligitament questions that have smart assed answers and suggestions that people are stupid for asking such. For this reason I have chosen to bite my tongue and post elsewhere where my input is generally appreciated.

Nick, I think alot of this comes down to how someone is raised. My dad taught me to respect others and treat them as you would want to be treated, but he also taught me to stand for what you beleive is right also. He would have kicked my butt good in my younger years if I strayed from either. Thats something many here don't understand, and when and if they do I may start posting here again but I really doubt that will be anytime soon.

I have made a lot of good friends through this site, sold and bought a lot of parts here also, as well as donated to members in need and patronized as many of the site sponsors that I can. It all comes down to the FOUR B-s ........Boasters and Braggers and Bellyachers and Bitchers

Travis

Travis.

I understand why you hardly ever post, I just want you to know, I for one miss reading your inputs on other peoples questions and posting your work and accomplishments.

Some on here I have learned to let what they say go in one ear and out the other, but a few (and your one) when they post I pay close attention to what is said.

Sounds kind of mushy, but basically it's the truth and I don't care what anybody else thinks about it.

Miss ya bud, Wink

IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor January 4th 2012, 3:22 am

I just get annoyed at reading all the sarcastic green oil, m5, etc comments that take a thread off topic real quick because a few are privy to an inside joke.

I'm with you, Nick.
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 January 4th 2012, 4:05 am

KISS!....keep it simple stupid.... say on the topic and keep the bull **** out.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 4th 2012, 7:44 am

Maybe try one open section (Name it "The Bull Pen") to dump the out of line threads in and let them go, if they get to far out of line delete them. You want to make and ass out of your self (I do it quite often myself) feel free in the appropriate section of the forum.

If the OP is being dumped on or a good topic gets offline, delete the posts by the offenders thats are leading it off topic and astray. No reason to delete or move good tech because a couple of people want to be asses.

IMO Schmitty would make a great moderator, He's fair and has been on the forum forever. Like has been said you need about a half a dozen people, to be allowed to moderate, within reasonable guidelines and you need to stand by them and honor their decisions as far as moving threads or deleting posts, with banning being left to yourself if necessary.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 4th 2012, 8:45 am

I guess I missed something here, i know there is some posts missing in one thread .Must have got out of hand. I agree w/D Free,if the posts get out of line move those to the B&G but don't just delete them. I don't even know who got banned or why Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug January 4th 2012, 9:06 am

Bruno
if you are talking about me I don't post on here much any more cuz of a few who know more. I can live with that.....I have tried to call you about a dozen times to buy stuff and you have never answered my calls, so you lost about $3000 or more sales... thats your decision. I bought locally.. cuz you think I don't like you...you know there are alot of guys that will not post info on here because of a few of your butt Kissers Shocked I tell it like it is nothing more nothing less...and what I say on here is the same thing I will say to your face

that little SOB that changed his name and came back has been nothing but trouble from day one.... but you haven't got the BALLS to do anything about him, you finally woke up about Les but not him....

I have been building Ford engines and Racing them since 1970's tried stuff that works and stuff that didn't work.... but a few say it can't be done.... the thing is how would they know they can't keep one together without throwing rods....

I like coming on here and reading and laughing some interesting deals going on....
you can delete or move the post or lock it, no matter it is your board..

Have a nice day
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 4th 2012, 9:38 am

windsor wrote:I just get annoyed at reading all the sarcastic green oil, m5, etc comments that take a thread off topic real quick because a few are privy to an inside joke.

I'm with you, Nick.

dang Lem watch out, no more smart ass off topic comments no matter what color..........we are all guilty of it to some degree.........so be careful what you wish for. IMO you'll run off what few people post here as it is rather than gain members. Sure there will be some good tech as there always is but if you delete or have a no tolerance policy this place will be a ghost town.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  plowboy34 January 4th 2012, 10:05 am

I agree with BOSS429, it's your site do as you see fit.

I also agree that Schmitty would make a great moderator.

plowboy34

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY January 4th 2012, 10:45 am

It's easy to understand Nick everyone has a reason or motive for reading or posting on this forum even yourself. You are the boss so you get to decide if this reason or motive is worthy of time out or not so have your way with it and quit being so nice lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next