BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This weeks Thrashing

2 posters

Go down

This weeks Thrashing Empty This weeks Thrashing

Post  TRUKPULR June 8th 2012, 3:47 pm

This week getting ready for Oconto WI Pull.

Well after my 4th place finishes in Green Valley I decided to pull the motor out and wait till my good motor was finished. SO I called Mike on Tuesday to see how thing where going on my motor. He told me it should be done this week IF all goes well and the push rods show up in time. SO I asked him what length the push rods where Because I might have a set on the shelve from previous builds. Which I did so I took a road trip down to the shop so if anything else, we could get it on the dyno for break in. So with this plan I told Mike I'd be there 7:30 Thursday Morning to pick up the motor. So with this plan I took two day Vacation so I'd be ready for Friday Nights pull. As it turned out the push rods showed up first thing Wednesday morning so the road trip was for nothing. I called Mike Wednesday night @ 8 p.m. to see how everything went. Motor Dyno'd out good So I told him I'd see him in the morning.

Now here's my plan for Thursday. 7:30 a.m. pick up motor at the Race Shop.
Get Home at 9:30 unload everything and take a nap till noon or 2 . then get up and put the motor in ShaZam for Friday Nights pull. All sounds good seeing I work midnights.

Here's how it played out.

Got to the race shop at 7:45 Mike there Smiling waiting for to get there. Got everything loaded up and strapped down was heading home by 8:30 after shooting the bull for a bit. On the road I remember I didn't have any fuel scent left and I had to buy more some where, so on the phone to track some down. Called Craig he was at work busy so he didn't answer his phone, Next I called Bruce and he said he got his thru Randy @ Proformance Pros . So I called Randy and ordered up a couple of bottles for next day Delivery @ Craig's house. With this behind me I pulled into the yard @ 9:45 Back up to the shop to unload all's going as planned.

So get the 55 gal drum of fuel unloaded and started to get ready to unload the motor. I noticed the pilot bearing is not in the crank, what the #uck so started looking thru the boxes I got from Mike to see if it was in there. Yap last box I opened it was sitting right on top, Cool I know if I had to order a new one it'd take a day from the Ford motor company. So tapped that in the crank and move on to hooking up the chain to get it out of the truck. Once on the cherry picker I figures I'd head in the house for my nap. This is where it get fuzzy. Next thing I remember I was installing the Block saver plate then the flywheel and clutch and bell housing and Tranny. with this complete I was dropping the motor in ShaZam. When the wife got home from work @ 4:30 the motor was in ShaZam and ready for the pull and I was in the shower getting cleaned up for Supper. Had one little oil leak I had to fix but my butt finally said enough we can fix that in the morning. Took the bride out for Supper and was in bed sleeping like a baby at 7:00 p.m.

Funny how things get away on a person.

Dan
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down

This weeks Thrashing Empty Re: This weeks Thrashing

Post  njstang87 June 13th 2012, 10:21 am

Glad you got the new motor in Dan. Care to share the dyno results?

njstang87

Back to top Go down