BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever have one of those weeks

+3
PROSTREET66
56Tbird
jasonf
7 posters

Go down

Ever have one of those weeks Empty Ever have one of those weeks

Post  jasonf August 12th 2010, 11:31 am

I drove 15 hours to get home from Florida last week to find both of my A/C units had overflowed and I have water damage in the ceiling, down the wall and the hardwood floor is all fubar now. I fixed the drains temporarily before jumping a plane to meet Lisa in Canada 12 hours later. We got back from Canada sunday to find out that Univeristy of Lafayette is charging me international student rates for my middle daughter. After several trips to UL they pretty much told me I am screwed because I don't have a green card. I know other other people that have or are attending there with the same status I have so I am not sure why they are singling me out. Hell my oldest daughter is there on her second year as a regular student but I sure didn't tell them that. The difference between regular and international is $5000 more per semester. Then my oldest daughter had her wisdom teeth pulled tuesday, another $1600.. cha ching. The shit just sucks ass right now.

Ever have one of those weeks S5033691
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Ever have one of those weeks Empty Re: Ever have one of those weeks

Post  56Tbird August 12th 2010, 11:49 am

Jason ,it sounds like you ain't living right brother!! I hope it gets better for you!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  PROSTREET66 August 12th 2010, 12:00 pm

Jason I fill part of your pain!!!A/C man came to the house Tuesday.Cleaned the coils and condensor 2lb freon,he was there 1 1/2 hrs...$420.00.had to have it done.
PROSTREET66
PROSTREET66

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 12th 2010, 12:15 pm

Can't help you with the school deal, but the airhandler in my FL house did the same thing. It sucks, but since there ain't no basements or crawlspaces in modern FL houses, we're stuck with putting the durn things overhead. I replaced that section of ceiling with a removable (and waterproof) panel....as I'm sure it'll happen again someday. Chin up, better days are coming buddy. Wink
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori August 12th 2010, 12:26 pm

That's a bad string of crap for sure!! Hope it gets better soon.

We have done a bunch of carpet cleaning lately for folks with AC units leaking water.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick August 12th 2010, 12:35 pm

billandlori wrote:That's a bad string of crap for sure!! Hope it gets better soon.

We have done a bunch of carpet cleaning lately for folks with AC units leaking water.

Bill

Yeah...These days, those units are working overtime. Yesterday I saw one of my dogs chase a rabbit...and they were both WALKING. Now that's hot. Shocked
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 12th 2010, 12:39 pm

it will get better, does the kid have a Driver License in LA??? Typical after 1 year of residence your considered "in State"
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori August 12th 2010, 12:44 pm

maverick wrote:
billandlori wrote:That's a bad string of crap for sure!! Hope it gets better soon.

Bill

Yeah...These days, those units are working overtime. Yesterday I saw one of my dogs chase a rabbit...and they were both WALKING. Now that's hot. Shocked

Now that is funny. Very Happy Very Happy

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 12th 2010, 2:01 pm

56Tbird wrote:Jason ,it sounds like you ain't living right brother!!

Hahahaha, is that some kind of religious jab Dano??

PROSTREET66 wrote:Jason I fill part of your pain!!!A/C man came to the house Tuesday.Cleaned the coils and condensor 2lb freon,he was there 1 1/2 hrs...$420.00.had to have it done.

I got hosed last fall for my regular checkup, a couple of relays and general check over, $700 bucks.

maverick wrote:Can't help you with the school deal, but the airhandler in my FL house did the same thing. It sucks, but since there ain't no basements or crawlspaces in modern FL houses, we're stuck with putting the durn things overhead. I replaced that section of ceiling with a removable (and waterproof) panel....as I'm sure it'll happen again someday. Chin up, better days are coming buddy. Wink

We are the same way. It won't happen again because I put a 3" floor drain in the bottom of the secondary pan and exit it out the soffit. It will take 30 years for that to plug up.

maverick wrote:Yeah...These days, those units are working overtime. Yesterday I saw one of my dogs chase a rabbit...and they were both WALKING. Now that's hot. Shocked

Now that's just funny no matter who you are!

Bill

The worst part is the hardwood flooring is all separated and it effects more than half the house.

dfree383 wrote:it will get better, does the kid have a Driver License in LA??? Typical after 1 year of residence your considered "in State"
Yes and we have lived here for 8 years but we are not considered residents. It is just technical BS pertaining to what they define a resident as. I had to pay her tuition today but it will give me a semester to maybe find somewhere else to go.

Thanks everyone else for the comments.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper August 14th 2010, 7:53 am

you can buy my house. it has central A/C but with the great climate we have here i think i've only used it for about 6 or 7 days in 3 years. Very Happy
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 14th 2010, 8:34 am

Diggindeeper wrote:you can buy my house. it has central A/C but with the great climate we have here i think i've only used it for about 6 or 7 days in 3 years. Very Happy

But I bet it was worth every penny those 6 or 7 days. I remember back home where it would get in the mid 30-40 a week or two in the summer and we'd be laying in bed sweating our butts off. Don't miss that one bit. lol!
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper August 15th 2010, 9:37 pm

yeah, i dont miss that about back home either. Putting the old box fan in the window so it can blow around the hot and humid air.
I make my own money now. I'll have A/C no matter what it takes, and no matter if i only use it once cause i'll be happy i had it.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 22nd 2010, 9:51 pm

Well I got a good news / bad news update. They figured out I had two girls attending (my oldest had be registered as a resident) so I thought I was really fubar but we were able to get a international student scholarship/waiver that essentially knocks their tuition back down to $2200 each/semester. That is all good to find out 3 days after I give them $11000. Then I find out because they are international students they won't refund me the difference but keep it in their account. So essentially I paid the whole year plus some for two.

I figured at the old rate I could buy 1 Boss motor per year with what it was costing. Shocked lol!
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down