BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-Car Radio System

+4
69F100
richter69
Nevs
Bsherry
8 posters

Go down

In-Car Radio System Empty In-Car Radio System

Post  Bsherry October 4th 2009, 5:34 pm

I have watched Chuck's video 50 times affraid

If this isn't the best example of why you should have a radio system in your car I don't know what is Crying or Very sad

Anybody have a recommendation on a nice In-Car 2-way radio system? I'm installing one before our car makes another trip to the track.

Bruce
Bsherry
Bsherry
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

In-Car Radio System Empty Re: In-Car Radio System

Post  Nevs October 4th 2009, 6:31 pm

Bruce,
We ran the Motorola Racing radios in the Pro 5.0 car. Bought the whole setup used, not terribly expensive as I recall, $1000 or so for the in car radio that goes in the helmet and two for the crew chief and crew member. That was with the chargers, case, etc. Might look on evil bay, I've seen them on there. Idea
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 4th 2009, 7:17 pm

Now that I'm home and saw the video................damn.

Little brother always goes up with the car, takes the track and tire temp...........he'll be bending down and looking under the car from now on too.

And yes the radios l;ook like a good deal, gonna check into them for sure.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 4th 2009, 7:43 pm

x2 on the radio deal extra insurance is always a good thing the radio being some extra insurance even if you have already left the line and someone sees something going wrong better to loose a race than a car or your life
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 4th 2009, 9:23 pm

Nice thread Bruce... I agree, if one can squeeze one into the budget, it'll be great insurance... Cool Cool

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 5th 2009, 9:37 pm

Something else to add, not that it would have made a difference with Chuck....or it could have.......PARACHUTE!!!!!

I'm not quite at the speed one is required, and considering we 1/8th mile race anyway.......but I did put one oin the car this winter as a safety precaution. Sooner is short like Windy Hollow, something goes wrong hitting the brake at the stripe I want some sort of device to scrub off the speen as much as possible. That and if you get out of shape it can help as well....providing you get it out in time and the mph is sufficient to put it to use.

Also my brother witnessed a NOS car burn this friday when it backfired and took the fuel lines with it..........they pulled the guy out of the car with his pants ablaze. He was Ok, but made an impression on my brother, enough we are going to buy Halon systems for both cars this winter.

We get caught up in all the numbers and speed and forget we are playing with some serious stuff here guys.

Safety lecture over............... Exclamation
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav October 5th 2009, 9:53 pm

On the radio situation this may work. I bought a set of the voice activated/push button FM sets at K-mart some years ago. Only paid arround $25 bucks then. I dont think they are any different than the high dollar ones, except the mounting. I bought mine for deer hunting and they are great. They only require a small batterie. Just wear it under the helmet.
Just a thought....
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  goinpostal October 5th 2009, 10:35 pm

Maybe something like one of these might work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nady-22-Channel-Bike-To-Bike-Radio-w-Helmet-Headset_W0QQitemZ250497551060QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ2_Way_Radios_FRS?hash=item3a52d14ad4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
goinpostal
goinpostal

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori October 6th 2009, 12:27 am

goinpostal wrote:Maybe something like one of these might work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nady-22-Channel-Bike-To-Bike-Radio-w-Helmet-Headset_W0QQitemZ250497551060QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ2_Way_Radios_FRS?hash=item3a52d14ad4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thats what I was thinking about, the bike to bike deal is designed to fit in a helmet.

As to Jon's lecture... Rolling Eyes Very Happy A freind of mine had an old 'Cuda w/440 years ago. Worked and worked to get it into the 10's. Broke a ball joint going through the top end and put the car in the trees, came real close to a couple of big ole trees. He had never checked the ball joints, or any other front end stuff for that matter. He spent all his time on go fast stuff.

As Jon said, that it's our lives here, people depend on us, good to be safe.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down