BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had a Great Time at the Hot Rod Reunion

3 posters

Go down

Had a Great Time at the Hot Rod Reunion Empty Had a Great Time at the Hot Rod Reunion

Post  512Fairlane June 16th 2013, 8:14 pm

The Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green was great.  It was the first time we came down for this race but now it will be on our schedule every year.  I didn't think the weekend was starting out too well when I ran a 10.242 off the trailer.  I was signed up for the 10.0 A/Mod class so I thought I was in trouble.  I decided to shift to the B/Mod 10.50 class.  Everything I tried to do to slow the car down did not work.  I ran a 10.253 and then another 10.243.  Decided I better switch back to the 10.0 class since I was stuck in no man's land between the 2 indexes.  I leaned the carb out with air bleeds, removed some weight and luckily the air improved on Friday and Sat.   First round on Friday I lifted and jumped on the brakes.  Car ran another 10.248.   Leaned it out some more and finally got down in the 10.0's.  Went 10.046, 10.062 and then another 10.062 in the quarter finals where my luck ran out.  Opponent went a 10.53 on a 10.50 and had better light so I was done.  He went on to win the class.  If you haven't ever been to this race add it to your schedule.  There were lots of nice cars including some big block Fords.  My favorite was the 7.50 second 67 Mustang with a blown 598.  I even got to meet a few forum members in person.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Had a Great Time at the Hot Rod Reunion Empty Re: Had a Great Time at the Hot Rod Reunion

Post  56Tbird June 16th 2013, 9:59 pm

Mike ,it's the best race of the year for me. It's The One I will not miss as long as I can get there! Rick Brown and I came over Saturday to visit ,but you were passed out under your canopy. I got your pic..lol. No place you'll ever see so much cool stuff in one place!It's my favorite week of the year!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Had a Great Time at the Hot Rod Reunion Empty Re: Had a Great Time at the Hot Rod Reunion

Post  512Fairlane June 16th 2013, 10:09 pm

We will definitely be back.  I haven't seen that many quality cars in one place ever.  Definitely a good mix of vintage iron.  Sorry I missed you Sat.  Not sure if that was me passed out or one of my friends.  I took a nice nap in the trailer before my last round.  Might have been the reason I was late on the tree.  We were whipped by Sat. night.  Didn't sleep well in the Hotel all week.  We'll see you again next year.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 16th 2013, 10:19 pm

Was good talkin too ya Mike. The ole Tbolt Looked and Ran good. The too ole Boys w/you were sawing logs when we came back too see you.I came over again and talked to them and I told them to tell you we came over. See ya next year.I would like to see more of the members w/older Fords to make this race w/us.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane June 16th 2013, 10:33 pm

Nice to meet you in person Rick.  I wanted to get around and visit with more people but we didn't seem to have much time.  They ran the program pretty quickly.  Had to be ready when they called us.  Dad said you stopped by.  Next year have that Falcon ready.  Hopefully we'll bring Dad's 62 Falcon also.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down