BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting pumped! Had a great time...

+11
D's557BBF
ThndrChkn
hillbillyerv
res0rli9
Maddmattmustangs
61coon
schmitty
bbf-falcon
69F100
bb429power
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Getting pumped! Had a great time... Empty Getting pumped! Had a great time...

Post  bb429power October 4th 2010, 5:41 pm

Well it might be a little early but the high school nationals at Milan Dragway are the 23rd. I was going to race the cougar but my brother was told that if he didn't race then I would race the cat. He didn't like that so now all of a sudden he changed his mind from "hell no" to "yep, I'm racing" Mad So I'll probably race the maverick, I got her tuned up so she will run faster, the engine has never run this good before. I made some adjustments and look where it got me Cool I also talked my dad into checking the timing on the cougar, he didn't set it with a light so I knew it was off. Well, we changed it to what I said and...no "flat spot" and it wont hook anymore. It just wants to burn rubber Shocked but we hopefully will be able to get some.....ehem.....10's on it. Embarassed that's all that will fit is 10.5's.

Well, the cat should run 12's and the mav should run 14's (I could change that if my dad gave me a week to change some stuff Twisted Evil It is bracket racing of course, this will be the second event I race at. Last HS Nationals was my first race, I got 6 passes in, and I was kicking ass and taking names. I was getting points for my school, everyone knew how well I was doing. And this year MY friends will hopefully be there.

Knock on wood *knocks on crotch*

Last edited by bb429power on October 24th 2010, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Getting pumped! Had a great time... Empty Re: Getting pumped! Had a great time...

Post  69F100 October 4th 2010, 7:46 pm

Go get um and becareful I just wished I had a car to run at 16 years old I had a old ford courier 4 banger that wouldn't get out of it's own way.It had 2 burnt valves when I got it fix them then spun a rod bearing rebuild it after about 5 months of saving.Got it running again traded it to my Dad for a 73 Mercury Montego MX with a 351c raced it but it was on back roads never carried it to the track.Yes I know that is against the law how good I now I out ran them but they where waiting at my house when I got home.I don't know what age you can get your license up there but here in Georgia you get them when you turn 16.So what I am saying to you just keep the racing on the track not on back roads.

Good Luck the 23rd bring money or trophey

69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Getting pumped! Had a great time... Empty Re: Getting pumped! Had a great time...

Post  bbf-falcon October 4th 2010, 8:11 pm

Just have a good time and be safe Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 4th 2010, 9:06 pm

May the Good Lord shine down on you, and keep you safe. Hard work pays off and you have that part under control, now just go run a consistent game. Very Happy Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon October 4th 2010, 9:09 pm

Have fun and be safe Justin. What you're doing there is something you'll never forget man!!---RED
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 4th 2010, 9:34 pm

Thanks guys, I can get a license at 16 up here. And yes I know, it stays on the track where it is much safer than the street. I will try to use my knowledge of racing to my best abilities for this event.

Tap it in to the lights slowly
leave on the last yellow
do a good burnout............stuff like that. I can't wait to pull that stinking exhaust off! Smile You know I'll have the video's posted up on here.

Anyone want to loan their car out instead? Laughing I am allowed to run 12's and no faster. Man, I just can't wait. You guys know the feeling, and I've said it before. When you pull around that corner and look down the track while in the drivers seat it all changes, your perspective of racing is improved even more. I made one pass and already wanted more and faster, I always like to go bigger and badder and I've always been a dear devil so this is a great sport for me. Smile
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 4th 2010, 9:39 pm

Here's a quick video that someone else took last year. i was the one dishin out the ass whoopin, like I said everyone knew I was doing great. My brother and his teacher were at the end of the track and when they called me up they were both like "yeah he's got this".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxUGAYkb5kE
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 16th 2010, 1:18 pm

One week away, its next saturday. I might tape my camera to the dashboard to video tape every pass. Very Happy
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 16th 2010, 2:56 pm

Just took my road course and got certified to go get my license, I'll probably go and get it Monday.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 16th 2010, 5:33 pm

OH NO ANOTHER YOUNGAN ON THE ROAD WATCH OUT Laughing clown affraid

Justin becareful remember a good driver pays attention to everything around him/her and other drivers never know when someone or thing may run out in front of you just be ready for any thing that might happen.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 17th 2010, 9:35 pm

DAMMIT my brother f'ed up the timing for the 3rd f'ing time! I am so pissed right now as me and my dad both knew it was dead on, my brother had to go outside and turn it without a light and just like every time he screws with the timing. He never uses a light and thinks he made it so much better because it idles better.

Well I had the timing dead on and the idle sounded SOOOOO nice, I changed the idle and put it right where it needed to be. But now its ALL GONE because my brother had to F it up again, you have no clue how pissed I am right now. I'M the one who's going to be racing it and he F'ED it up the last time I raced it, he changed it on the way out there and when I checked it it was WAAAAAAAYYYY off which is why I was running so slow. He thinks if it idles and starts better its right where it should be. WILL HE EVER LEARN? I HAVE HAD IT WITH HIM DOING THIS CRAP, he just doesn't get it. He is always doing stupid crap like this and I have to fix it when its done on something that isn't his, MAN I'M PISSED.

Sorry, but as you can tell I am irate right now.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs October 17th 2010, 9:39 pm

Install locks on the hood, or jb weld the dizzy clamps in place Very Happy
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 17th 2010, 9:48 pm

Justin com down just get the light back out and set it back.You can do it again just like before tell your brother every time he move it you will set it back.My brother is older than me he always wanted to reset a crab or timing when I finish something when I was young telling me I had it off alittle.But now he ask me alot ?s on the newer ones.So don't be so mad at him he will get it one day.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 17th 2010, 9:52 pm

Hopefully I can take it out when I get my license sometime this week, then test it out on this one road. Its out of the way, off a road which is off a main road and doesn't really have traffic. Its mainly for semi trucks. But he marked the distributor so he would know where it WAS, well a very small turn can make a huge difference, he probably changed it a good 5-10 degree's. He shouldn't be messing with the timing as he obviously has no clue how much it can mess an engine up. He needs to quit, I am so damn tired of his crap when he keeps doing this stuff.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 17th 2010, 9:57 pm

Jim, thanks. He's 18, if he was younger it would be different. My brother is an azz, why? Because he knows he has the first say and the upper hand since he's the older one. He doesn't know as much as me and I teach him stuff all the time and he will sometimes ask questions but yet when something is brought up he will defend himself until the end and deny that I tought him anything. It gets old okay, I'm so annoyed of being taken advantage of.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 17th 2010, 10:10 pm

sounds like we have the same brother back years ago my brother is 6 years older than me.Now you need to get used to people wanting to take advantage of you as the older you get the more they will try to take advantage of you it is part of life.I know that not what you want to here but that is life make the best of it and go on and be HAPPY.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 17th 2010, 10:17 pm

Yeah, he told me it was running so good now and I told him that's because I got the timing setup better. But then he told me what HE did, took me for a ride. No Ummm, are we in the same car? Its WORSE, me and my dad both knew I had it tip top. And he's probably pissed because he knows I'M pissed plus we were both happy that it was running so healthy.

Its true, so I'm not upset with what you said. People try to take advantage of you, even with the simplest things. By the way, my brother gets over protective and worries about everything that doesn't matter and gets it all bass ackwards. Plus he acts like a know it all when deep inside he knows he doesn't. No one does, yet he thinks he's God's gift to everything. You have to roll your eyes a lot with what he does. Sorry for ranting, but as you can see I have a lot on my mind all the time.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 18th 2010, 4:26 pm

Got my license today, I just found out that I'll probably be the ONLY person racing for our school. I hope I can at least win my bracket and get a trophy. That plus I just want to keep going and have fun. I would love to race a lot more. If anyone is willing to let me race for their team let me know Razz I'm lighter so it'll go about 5 tenths faster!
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  138 October 18th 2010, 4:42 pm

bb429power wrote:I'm lighter so it'll go about 5 tenths faster!

over what a 650lbs fat man...

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 19th 2010, 3:15 pm

138 wrote:
bb429power wrote:I'm lighter so it'll go about 5 tenths faster!

over what a 650lbs fat man...
I was friggen kidding!
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  138 October 19th 2010, 6:04 pm

this here interweb is serious business so don't kid around like that... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 19th 2010, 9:08 pm

138 wrote:this here interweb is serious business so don't kid around like that... Laughing
At least I'm safe, the police came over and gave me a stern talking to so there will be no more joking around on here for me. Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 20th 2010, 3:16 pm

After the drags is a gamblers race, my machinist and Stosh or "017Stosh" will be there racing so I'll hang out a little later.

Stosh, if you see this, I'll be bringing the maverick around so you can look at the nice rattle ca paint job next to your emaculate paint job. Laughing That's one loud BBF and one sweet paint job you've got. Congrats on having such a sweet azz car man! Very Happy I can't find a single flaw in the pain other than the big black spot on the hood Laughing

Last edited by bb429power on October 20th 2010, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 20th 2010, 3:22 pm

He mite not let a rattle can paint job next to his emaculate paint job. Razz

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 20th 2010, 3:32 pm

He has a black hood on it now, but trust me, I've seen damn good paint jobs and when you see this on in person its amazing!
Getting pumped! Had a great time... Pictur22

Here is some info on it and more pictures.
https://www.429-460.com/general-discussion-f5/let-s-see-your-rides-t38-165.htm
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next