BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help FORD TECHS????

3 posters

Go down

help FORD TECHS???? Empty help FORD TECHS????

Post  powerstrokeace June 20th 2013, 10:17 pm

guys my sons raptor just had a roush super charger install a little more than a week ago and was setting a code. so this is what we did. theres a Edge tuner on it and it has a area to pull codes. so we pulled the code p0098. he wrny  back to the menu screen and he was setting it back to the mode it was set on econmy/tow and i said that Roush's tune the PCM for the system to work in the stock mode. so he selected that and then it went in to some set up mode and he followed the on screen display and now it will not even crank over. Starting sytem fault. I'm guessing it some how erased the immoblizer code from the curent key. So now what???

ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

help FORD TECHS???? Empty Re: help FORD TECHS????

Post  richter69 June 20th 2013, 10:19 pm

not sure about that tuner but when we do a pcm reprogram you have to to a pats reset..........

might be rollback time........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace June 20th 2013, 10:47 pm

whats strange is my understanding is the pcm was sent back to Roush for them to put there tune on it. So i don;t know why these guy's left the Edge tuner hooked up?

PATS reset? explain a little more Immobilizer right.

Ace
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 20th 2013, 11:25 pm

Pull the battery cable off for a minute. Put the cable on and try to start it.if it wont start just leave the switch on 5 minutes and retry to start it.i've done thIs up to 3 times but its always worked for me.some of these wrecks i work on can be fun. Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down