BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off !

+24
dirtbogger
Treeyasoon
D. Sea
hillbillyerv
342g
westsideford
hienergy557
PROSTREET66
bigblockfox468
fastford600
billandlori
bbf-falcon
TravisRice
bruno
DILLIGASDAVE
KY JELLY
IDT-572
jasonf
Lem Evans
56Tbird
richter69
Nevs
schmitty
c.evans
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off !

Post  bbf-falcon November 8th 2009, 10:39 am

Glad you are ok Randy, These close calls that us brothers are having are insane. Lets be careful guy's. Our luck might run out.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off ! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off !

Post  billandlori November 8th 2009, 10:42 am

Holy Crap!! Thats a hell of a ride!! Glad your OK, the car can be fixed.

Looks like she is making the power you need. I guess its all a system, when you jack the HP up, you have to adjust the rest to suit. Like you said, its a learning curve!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 8th 2009, 10:44 am

I'd say the wheelie bars need to be a bit more dureable, but there has to be a 4 link change made somewhere............thats insane bro.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY November 8th 2009, 10:59 am

richter69 wrote:I'd say the wheelie bars need to be a bit more dureable, but there has to be a 4 link change made somewhere............thats insane bro.

Lem told me a long time ago to put the instant center at the front bumper and keep putting power to it until it picks the front end up. Very Happy

Just think I got a c head engine to tame after we get this thing sorted out affraid
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 8th 2009, 11:08 am

That was pretty wild Randy. From the video camera action you might need to check Becca's shorts! The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off ! - Page 2 Icon_eek

You installed this new exhaust this week didn't you cuz it looks to me like your poppin wheelies all over town!
The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off ! - Page 2 Randysnewexhaust

but you got it all wrong cuz when your snappin necks you ain't cashin no checks brother just buying new back bumpers.

On a serious note, glad you are OK and the car is fixable.
The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off ! - Page 2 Moz-screenshotThe Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off ! - Page 2 Moz-screenshot-1
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  fastford600 November 8th 2009, 11:31 am

this is for nick this is how you drive a car! ASK KY IF YOU CAN COME TO HIS SCHOOL ,AND GROW YOU SOME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANY WAY KY I AM GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU ARE OK THAT IS ONE BAD ASS RIDE .
MR CHARLIE MUST HAVE RUBED HIS PE WE ON THAT MOTOR 2 TIMES lol! lol! lol!:lol!.THAT IS ONE BAD P51. affraid :affraid Twisted Evil
THAT IS A TUBE CAR AINT IT ? I HAVE ONLY SAW A FEW TUBE CARS STAND UP LIKE THAT, AND MOST OF THEM HAD A WAR WITH THE WALL AND THE DRIVER WAS WIPEN FOR DAYS. BUT I AM GLADE YOU ARE OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CARS CAN BE FIXED BUT IN TIME BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE YOU!!!!!!!!! BE SAFE
LOGAN
fastford600
fastford600

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty November 8th 2009, 11:55 am

KY JELLY wrote: Disclaimer my undies are the same color they were when I left home so no Damon Sea depends jokes needed lol!

scratch First liar don't stand a chance. Very Happy It don't count when you start out the day with brown undies on. Glad to see it all came out fine and you're OK and the car isn't in too bad of a mess. Fix it back up and get back to racing.

Take that darn E-bay X pipe off too, too much PAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! for that chassis.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE November 8th 2009, 11:58 am

Randy I still cant view any video on photobucket (tried 3 different PC's and always photobucket drags down & locks) so if you can chop down the clip(s) like before & email it to me please.

Without seeing the clip I don't think the I/C out 62" can really be thought of as too short, especially since the car doesn't use a power adder. Now that's not to say that the I/C height (what is the height anyway?) isn't too high off the ground even at 62"out. Somewhere in the 50" to 60" out, & 3.5" to 8" up can be a very usable starting window to work from for a lot of cars out there going this fast & faster. That may sound like a large window but no two cars are the same.

I just think your getting to that point (approaching the 4.90 to 4.70 zone) where you have to rely more & more on the wheelie bars to steal some of the initial hook away by ever so slightly unloading the tires just enough to get away from a dead-hook, and allow aprox 1/4 to 1 full tire rotation at the initial hit. It will allow the car to move forward some (instead of lifting up) before the hook really gets going.

In my opinion the wheelie bar failure has to be the major contributing factor hands down. At this point you can't really look at the 4-link or shock valving until the wheelie bars are squared away first because they all have to work together. At these ET's the wheelie bars are no longer just a safety device, they become just as important a tuning tool as the 4-link/shocks are.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 8th 2009, 12:10 pm

Tighten the front struts .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans November 8th 2009, 12:39 pm

Randy,

That being a wet sump deal, we might oughta' check the bearings, if you think the oil got away from the pick-up and you were still on the throttle.

I believe that in the first video, before Becca got scared and stopped filming, I saw all 4 wheels off the ground. As for the front motor plate, we can go thicker, or step up to 351 T-7 material if you want to do something to upgrade the plate.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY November 8th 2009, 3:39 pm

Well I got her up on jack stands and checked the straightness of the chassis. Every thing looks good Very Happy

Dave I will have Becca e mail it to you when she gets home. PM your e mail addy I think I have it but just in case. I see your point on the wheelie bars. I think the ic was 4.5 high the last time I checked it , but I put 26 " tires on the front from 25 and my Mickey tires are 105 circ where the good years were 102 so I can't say for sure exactly what it is. I know I can move the bottom bar down 2 holes in the front and 2 in the back. I had to move it up in the front and back to get the 466 to half way work or that was when I noticed an improvement with it.

Logan yes this is a true tube car. I just consider myself lucky Very Happy .

Charlie I am sure the oil was about 2 foot deep over the pick up Very Happy Still has 75-80 lb idling cold .

Everything needs to be checked out even the insane driver Very Happy

Schmitty I always have on my red undies on race day , but somehow I forgot them yesterday and had on white and I promise they will live to see another day no skid marks lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 8th 2009, 5:40 pm

If you have an accumulator on it I wouldnt worry much, but if not it might not be a bad idea to look at things, dont wanna pull a Dan................ affraid
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 8th 2009, 6:20 pm

The oil pickup is in the rear of the pan and all of the oil in the pan was in the rear of the pan . Having said that....i'm not about looking at guys things...but one should inspect the engine bearings during the off season .
Now back to our regular programing....Fabio rules .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 8th 2009, 8:18 pm

Hell it is the "off" season................. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 November 8th 2009, 9:31 pm

WOW Exclamation Hokey dyno affraid Just be careful and check every thing. That was wild king
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  PROSTREET66 November 8th 2009, 10:00 pm

First dibbs on the e-bay X pipe.I'll give $1000.00 for it so I can rip the chrome off my Prostreet Fairlane rear bumper.That is one bad Stang you've got there.Just glad you weren't hurt!!I want Wheelies Too.....
PROSTREET66
PROSTREET66

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty November 9th 2009, 12:06 am

KY JELLY wrote:Schmitty I always have on my red undies on race day , but somehow I forgot them yesterday and had on white and I promise they will live to see another day no skid marks lol!

Well I think we have the problem solved on the car then, go back to wearing the red ones, the white ones must have thrown off the balance/weight transfer somehow. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  hienergy557 November 9th 2009, 12:51 am

Randy, how did you keep that of the wall? That was amazing. Shocked Glad your ok, it's nothing money won't fix.
What convertor you got in that car? I broke mine on the weekend and that a good advertisment for a convertor company. Also I couldn't tell if there was a car in the other lane. If there was I hope it wasn't a chevy, they will claim to have blown your door off!!
Cheers Colin.
hienergy557
hienergy557

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford November 9th 2009, 3:13 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:Randy I still cant view any video on photobucket (tried 3 different PC's and always photobucket drags down & locks) so if you can chop down the clip(s) like before & email it to me please.

Without seeing the clip I don't think the I/C out 62" can really be thought of as too short, especially since the car doesn't use a power adder. Now that's not to say that the I/C height (what is the height anyway?) isn't too high off the ground even at 62"out. Somewhere in the 50" to 60" out, & 3.5" to 8" up can be a very usable starting window to work from for a lot of cars out there going this fast & faster. That may sound like a large window but no two cars are the same.

I just think your getting to that point (approaching the 4.90 to 4.70 zone) where you have to rely more & more on the wheelie bars to steal some of the initial hook away by ever so slightly unloading the tires just enough to get away from a dead-hook, and allow aprox 1/4 to 1 full tire rotation at the initial hit. It will allow the car to move forward some (instead of lifting up) before the hook really gets going.

In my opinion the wheelie bar failure has to be the major contributing factor hands down. At this point you can't really look at the 4-link or shock valving until the wheelie bars are squared away first because they all have to work together. At these ET's the wheelie bars are no longer just a safety device, they become just as important a tuning tool as the 4-link/shocks are.

Interesting.. I wonder what the wheel base is? Some slot the K-member and gain 2 inches while others use adjustable rear arms to shove the rear wheels back a lil.

My 2c

Last edited by westsideford on November 9th 2009, 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  342g November 9th 2009, 3:17 am

Read his posts, I think he said it was 110 in.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs November 9th 2009, 7:38 am

342g wrote:Read his posts, I think he said it was 110 in.

It is 110" wb.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY November 9th 2009, 11:00 am

hienergy557 wrote:Randy, how did you keep that of the wall? That was amazing. Shocked Glad your ok, it's nothing money won't fix.
What convertor you got in that car? I broke mine on the weekend and that a good advertisment for a convertor company. Also I couldn't tell if there was a car in the other lane. If there was I hope it wasn't a chevy, they will claim to have blown your door off!!
Cheers Colin.

It is a ptc converter

Well I would like to say I am a good driver , but you cant drive with one rear wheel on the track lol! .

Things like this happen so fast there is no time to think. You will react and I think the way you react is completely related to how much seat time you have and how many experiences like this you have been in.

I started riding atv's at a young age and I have been through some nasty crashes and I have the scars to prove it. I love to go fast and thrive off of horsepower and I always have. I love to slide side ways on atv's and I have driven some dirt track cars as well (just in hot lap sessions).

I could not race a dirt track car because I can not handle the confusion of having an entire field of cars beside me. I do good by myself its just a focus thing that effects me , I am always worried someone will cut in front of me or hit me etc.

I have rode atv's on ice and snow ,cut donuts, spin completely around on purpose, ride wheelies , etc and I personally think I learned more of what to do and not to do by doing that than anything I have done .

That is where I think the react "thing" comes in you either react or you panic. Its not something you think about you just do it.

What saved the car is I lifted as soon as it shot right. I already knew it was to high to lift because it would have slammed down hard , but I was trusting the car to go straight and maybe come down , but the wheelie bars let go. I had no choice but to lift it was out of control.

When I lifted the car lost its power from the left rear tire and gravity and inertia took over. The front came down first and then the right side started down landing front first and then the rear and then the left rear hit. The car got a softer landing because it was teeter totting so to speak and did not land on the front or rear solid.

It was not driving skill that kept the car off the wall it was just my reaction to knowing I was out of control and doing the only thing I could.

It was a chevy in the other lane , but he never passed me I drove the car back to the trailer I never stopped after it hit the ground lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv November 9th 2009, 11:40 am

DAMMMMNNNN, glad all is ok u got my vote fer wheelie king Cool [b]
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea November 9th 2009, 1:13 pm

I got the e-mail notification from Randy and Becca's photobucket page this morning so I clicked on the link, saw the picture and then watched the video. HOLY SHIT!! Depends Moment!!

Now I need to read through this thread, carry on gentlemen...
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea November 9th 2009, 1:32 pm

Randy, I pass my crown on to you....... YOU ARE NOW THE Wheelie King!!! king
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next