BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off !

+24
dirtbogger
Treeyasoon
D. Sea
hillbillyerv
342g
westsideford
hienergy557
PROSTREET66
bigblockfox468
fastford600
billandlori
bbf-falcon
TravisRice
bruno
DILLIGASDAVE
KY JELLY
IDT-572
jasonf
Lem Evans
56Tbird
richter69
Nevs
schmitty
c.evans
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off ! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off !

Post  KY JELLY November 9th 2009, 1:35 pm

check the pics out taken by indie images bottom of page 6 and top of 7 .

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=5581096

You will always be the wheelie king I don't want the honor Shocked . No more 250 - 300' wheelies for me Evil or Very Mad
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off ! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Wheelie King,,,,,,,throwing doors off !

Post  c.evans November 9th 2009, 2:34 pm

Randy,

Hell, the Camaro driver had to take evasive action just to avoid the door you threw across his lane! He's to be commended for not running over it! I bet the whole deal scared him too. Twisted Evil Laughing

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 9th 2009, 3:46 pm

You just need some stronger wheelie bars Dude...That was Awesome Razz Razz Very Happy Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea November 9th 2009, 4:04 pm

Cool Pictures! The driver of the Camaro had a close call. You really shouldn't throw stuff at your opponent Randy Razz
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon November 9th 2009, 7:17 pm

Man...that thing was way out there when it stood up....violent landing.
Besides new wheelie bars...what is the plan to calm it down?

P.S.-I saw a guy do basically the same thing in a Grand National once...I believe it broke 3 vertebrae in his back. Nice job not wiping it out.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE November 9th 2009, 8:10 pm

Pic 186 tells a lot about what is about to happen. The slicks are wadded up nicely & the rim is screwed in close to the ground, the nose is in the air, but the damaged wheelie bars are still 4 -5 inches off the ground. Ideality at this point in the pass the bars touching the ground would have controlled the amount of traction & slick wind-up.

Pic 181 and the nose is even higher, but the bars are still not quite on the ground yet.

Pic 182 shows that by the time the bars finally hit the ground the nose was way up & still building more upward inertia. At that point even a set of healthy wheelie bars would have had a hard time dealing with the shock/loading of the car's built up inertia.

These things do happen, and it shows just how important wheelie bars are as a chassis tuning device at these & faster ET's. Just take a look at the wheelie bars on a number of Top Sportsman & Pro Mod cars. You will find that a surprising number of them have bars that have lead a hard life and show signs of having been repaired many times during a season.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 9th 2009, 8:18 pm

Yep , bars longer and lower . Tighten the front struts up!

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 9th 2009, 8:25 pm

get someone to drive it that ain't so sawed-off, what are you like a buck twenty-five soakin' wet................. Laughing Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtbogger November 9th 2009, 9:26 pm

IDT-572 wrote:He said it bent one wheelie bar first and got up on one rear tire. Sounded like a wild ride.

The video will be up in a few minutes Cool
Glad you didn't get hurt,You can say what you want but there was shit in them droors!!! lol!

dirtbogger

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon November 10th 2009, 5:31 am

56Tbird wrote:If your undies are the same color .........those mofo's had Skid marks in them before you left the house cheers cheers drunken drunken lol!

Dan you no how to make a guy feel good lol! But im glad your ok Randy Wink Bobby Z
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 10th 2009, 9:08 am

I just kinda got a way with words Mr. Zeelicious Very Happy Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY November 10th 2009, 12:51 pm

Good news Very Happy

I checked the frame rails with a string and 4' straight edge both methods show 1/16 " from straight on the passenger side frame rail and 1/8 " from straight on the drivers side. The high spots were both right in the center of the engine , they are bowed up from the ground . I am not sure they were not already this way I would think if the wheel stand landing bent the frame it would have been high at the front of the rails.

The only thing I have found wrong that I did not see at first is the front drivers wheel has a ping in the bead area and the other has just a bit of run out. Things are looking good.

I took exactly a flat and a half of preload out and the 4 link bolt would slide , just like I set it .

Ky jelly will ride again lol!

Lem get you a hack saw and start whittling me out an engine plate while I am deer hunting the next few weeks . lol! I want it polished like Bruno's too afro
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 10th 2009, 1:11 pm

Hey Randy ,Keith Fulp sells a super nice motor plate for a Danny Bee set up for about $159 Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY November 10th 2009, 1:23 pm

Does he make them out of 1 1/2 " plate I need some more weight up front lol! .

I am sure I will make it myself. I am just gonna have Lem polish it since it was his idea to put them 4:86 gears back in it lol! I gota blame this on somebody it wouldn't my fault Razz
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea November 10th 2009, 4:00 pm

That's the ticket; when in doubt, ALWAYS point the finger at someone else Razz
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 10th 2009, 7:34 pm

I'm sure he'll make you one any thickness you want Very Happy He has then cut with a water jet I'm pretty sure. How wide and tall is yours? I've got some really good stuff if it's big enough Shocked Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 10th 2009, 7:49 pm

"I've got some really good stuff if it's big enough"
Dano....did you really say that to KY ?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 10th 2009, 7:53 pm

I rekon thats why he goes after the lawn jocky's, must not be big enough for regular sized folk...........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE November 10th 2009, 8:31 pm

KY JELLY wrote:Good news Very Happy I checked the frame rails with a string and 4' straight edge both methods show 1/16 " from straight on the passenger side frame rail and 1/8 " from straight on the drivers side.

That is good news. From how violent the landing looked in the still pics I was hoping any shifting you might have found to be minor.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird November 11th 2009, 1:43 am

Lem Evans wrote:"I've got some really good stuff if it's big enough"
Dano....did you really say that to KY ?
Lem ,what I meant to say was "It's not very big around..BUT it's short" Razz Razz
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  feetfirst November 11th 2009, 8:28 am

You can safely say the motor is now "overpowering" the chassis...hehehe Laughing Laughing ........pedal, pedal, pedal!!
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Post  somethingclever November 16th 2009, 12:05 am

Yep....as charlie already pointed out...at the end of the video ALL four wheels were off the ground....Don't think I've ever seen a car jump before without hitting a bump first....

Glad you're (and your ride) OK.

somethingclever

Back to top Go down

Post  westsideford November 16th 2009, 12:38 am

Nevs wrote:
342g wrote:Read his posts, I think he said it was 110 in.

It is 110" wb.

Thank you!
westsideford
westsideford

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird January 8th 2010, 10:25 pm

Bump for Denaro ,he missed this one!! king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF January 9th 2010, 12:44 am

WOW! That's one hell of a ride Shocked
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3