BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ford Thunder thoughts and ideas.....

+47
Larry Williams
jbozzelle
bluef100fe
IDT-572
Pro98Mustang
Moodyblues
mstngfreak
scottke
dave d
Doug Rahn
Dave C.
maverick
yellowhorse7
KY JELLY
Race Ready Fabrications
Gary Varney
79ford pickup
Oakley Motorsports
bruno
738drvr
PanaVet
Dave De
dfree383
lghting94
psfracer
crittersf1
342g
56Tbird
AZFairlane
schmitty
69F100
bbf-falcon
Larry T
Lem Evans
richter69
70FB
83-88T-Bird Guy
valleydawg
dr's wife racing
5pointslow
D. Sea
rmcomprandy
jasonf
Wes Littrell
whitefield
cool40
QtrWarrior
51 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Ford Thunder thoughts and ideas..... Empty Ford Thunder thoughts and ideas.....

Post  QtrWarrior June 9th 2014, 12:17 pm

First, The GA boyz would like to thanks George, the track and it's workers and anyone else involved with this race for all their hard work.
Ya'll did a great job and we appreciate all the work that went into it.
The folks that showed up had a great time hanging out and visiting.
It's more of a family reunion, then it is a race, But the racing is great too...

With that said........................
After talking to everyone that was there, we were wondering.. " where is everyone else ????"
Has everyone just decided they would rather sit on the couch ?? They turned their racecars into show cars ??
or just plain lost interest ???

So, here is the question.....
What can we do to "grow" this event to make sure it doesn't fade away ???
Let's hear all ideas... New date, different track ??
Make it an "event" ?? maybe with a tech seminar included ???
Somewhere with a mud pit for the boggers ??

Let's hear it !!!!!!!!!!
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Ford Thunder thoughts and ideas..... Empty Re: Ford Thunder thoughts and ideas.....

Post  cool40 June 9th 2014, 12:39 pm

I had every intention of making this race but ended up in the hospital. I didn't get out till Friday so no way i could make it.I'll have to see how bad its gona be when the bills roll in but i may be done for a while.I dont think its ever an issue of people wanting to participate in these events its a matter of timing for most.other family obligations or close to home race for big $$.I know one thing that matters to me is the weather! I like to hang out bs and eat but my fat ass dont want no part of 100* in a black car with sfi-5 monkey suite. JMO Cool 
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Ford Thunder thoughts and ideas..... Empty Re: Ford Thunder thoughts and ideas.....

Post  whitefield June 9th 2014, 12:44 pm

my son and myself would be glad to help ! Very Happy 
We are in the process of getting an all Ford race together at our local track.
I am sure that we could get something going at Middle TN Dragway.
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield June 9th 2014, 12:48 pm

cool40 wrote:I had every intention of making this race but ended up in the hospital. I didn't get out till Friday so no way i could make it.I'll have to see how bad its gona be when the bills roll in but i may be done for a while.I dont think its ever an issue of people wanting to participate in these events its a matter of timing for most.other family obligations or close to home race for big $$.I know one thing that matters to me is the weather! I like to hang out bs and eat but my fat ass dont want no part of 100* in a black car with sfi-5 monkey suite. JMO Cool 

Hope all is ok Lee !
you are 100% correct .Timing , and finding sponsors are a few things that we have found to be the biggest issues.
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell June 9th 2014, 1:56 pm

Personally it would take a death in the family to keep me away, quite possibly my own. Lol. It would be tough to make it a whole lot farther with having two tow rigs. Really it's decently centered for a lot of people. With me it's probably one of only two races that I will make this year. I like the bracket nationals at US60 in oct. I think that no matter where you have it it will always be a certain crowd that shows up. It's just sad that when the regular race starts 20 more fords will show. It's also sad when people like Randy can come all the way from detroit just to spectate and a lot of locals stay home.
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Littrell June 9th 2014, 2:02 pm

And to add something that might upset the so called real racers that it's all about the payout. If that's the reason your racing I think your missing the point, it's called having fun. Very few people will ever pay for their racing habit with winnings, so I say you only live once so you better enjoy it.
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield June 9th 2014, 2:12 pm

Wes Littrell wrote:And to add something that might upset the so called real racers that it's all about the payout. If that's the reason your racing I think your missing the point, it's called having fun. Very few people will ever pay for their racing habit with winnings, so I say you only live once so you better enjoy it.

X200000000
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 9th 2014, 2:13 pm

cool40 wrote:I had every intention of making this race but ended up in the hospital. I didn't get out till Friday so no way i could make it.I'll have to see how bad its gona be when the bills roll in but i may be done for a while.I dont think its ever an issue of people wanting to participate in these events its a matter of timing for most.other family obligations or close to home race for big $$.I know one thing that matters to me is the weather! I like to hang out bs and eat but my fat ass dont want no part of 100* in a black car with sfi-5 monkey suite. JMO Cool 

try it in a -20 suit.. Been there , done it, Would do it again for this race...
Like Wes said, It ain't about the payout.. That's just a bonus...
I don't think the track is the issue, as US60 is a great place with a great atmosphere...

I know some here said they would be there and then had issues...
Stuff happens.. No problem......

Do we need to include "other" things to attract the boat guys, the street guys that don't race ??
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf June 9th 2014, 2:17 pm

I made it two years ago to Tn but I work all the time so it is hit or miss for me. I used to go to BG in the fall as well. I don't race and it's a 12+ hour drive for me but I always had fun so I that's why the wife and I would go. It is nice to meet all the people and put a face to the name. I always recommend going because the people are so great.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 9th 2014, 2:33 pm

Just an observation from the past years.
It seems that at the start, when this event was promoted simply as a very enjoyable weekend of comradery, a time to place screen names with friendly face to face bantering within a festive atmosphere, a weekend to actually help one another make their cars go faster; along with some grudge racing, a sort of "everybody's welcome" cookout on the first evening,carrying over the entire weekend. And, oh yea, there is gonna be some real racing, (besides that helpful test & tune), with some real payouts for those who want to participate in actual racing.

I remember the 2nd one we had where there were 20 or so groups of people who made the trip WITHOUT a vehicle to race.

Some people think I am totally wrong to want that type of get together to happen every year. I have the opinion that making this into JUST a race and totally worrying about "car count" is not doing this event any favors.
If you get the PEOPLE there, at some point, they will also be potential vehicles at the race.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea June 9th 2014, 2:36 pm

I really wanted to attend however it's just bad timing for me this year. Not only are my slicks wore out but I'm dealing with a lot of family property issues right now and if it's not secured relatively soon then the consequences could be a rather expensive and bitter pill to swallow... I'll do my best to make the next event.

Can my brother bring his camaro next year?  Razz 
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 9th 2014, 2:52 pm

D. Sea wrote:

Can my brother bring his camaro next year?    Razz 

I remember Adney Brown bringing his Chevy powered GTO however, he was a sponsor paying one of the $1,000.00 purses.    Wink  

So, I guess if he pays ten times the entry fee he should be allowed to be there ... Razz

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow June 9th 2014, 3:03 pm

it would be a hike for me from Mass about 15-16 hours 1k miles if i recall

but when i get a car ready id be down to make the trip .......hell ya gotta look at it as a vacation  Cool
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing June 9th 2014, 3:17 pm

I had every intention of coming this yr with my new car. This thing formaly known as a car,has become a epic battle. Just speaking for me, with diesel at 4.00 a gallon, 8 hours is a long tow. It is hard to pull a car that far that you know has issues. It was also hard not working on a car that I know needs track time. This has been one of favorite races to attend and race at. FOLKS ARE ALWAYS TOP NOTCH. I know George is a great guy. I have missed the last couple of yrs. Time and money are harder to come by than it was a few yrs ago. not sure what the answers are but I would like to get back involved.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  valleydawg June 9th 2014, 3:59 pm

We add this race to our calendar every year but when it starts getting closer the 9-10 hr drive turns us off. Plus we usually have a 4.70 race within 2-3 hrs of home. This year Orangeburg (1 hr) had a 4.70 race the same date. We would love to meet everyone but it would need to be closer and not on top of one of our other races. Glad everyone had a good time. Randy
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 9th 2014, 4:01 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:

I don't think the track is the issue, as US60 is a great place with a great atmosphere...

Do we need to include "other" things to attract the boat guys, the street guys that don't race ??
now go try it in a black car..... Very Happy 
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 9th 2014, 4:29 pm

Wes Littrell wrote:And to add something that might upset the so called real racers that it's all about the payout. If that's the reason your racing I think your missing the point, it's called having fun. Very few people will ever pay for their racing habit with winnings, so I say you only live once so you better enjoy it.

^^ well said !

It was good meeting you Wes. You sure looked like you were having fun there.

Hope you have better luck in the future with getting those bye runs  Wink 

I was hoping to get to the money round to cover my tow bill, but the fun I had  and meeting more of the board members here was worth the price of admission.
I put over 30 passes on the Bronco between Friday night's race, the Ford bash, and the Sat. night program.
The most I have ever made on one weekend.  Very Happy
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 9th 2014, 5:30 pm

cool40 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:

Is dark blue close enough..??? Laughing 
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 9th 2014, 5:54 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:
cool40 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:

you appear to have all the answers so why post the question? Racing in 100* heat aint my cup of tea and after the race we had here im not alone. It looks as though weather was great this year so the point is useless. Lol
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB June 9th 2014, 6:01 pm

I had planned on coming but my index race ended up falling on this weekend and I'm in the points again.That and the long tow and price of gas.  I think I was 14 hours out. Don't know if I trust my 05 6.0 to go that far.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB June 9th 2014, 6:03 pm

cool40 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:

X2... I keep clean rags in ice water. Then take one with me to the lanes...But I love the black.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 9th 2014, 6:18 pm

cool40 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:
cool40 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:

you appear to have all the answers so why post the question? Racing in 100* heat aint my cup of tea and after the race we had here im not alone. It looks as though weather was great this year so the point is useless. Lol

No, I don't have all the answers, just answering yours..

What we are trying to find out is ..What will it take to get others there ???
The hardest part is just getting people to chime in....
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 9th 2014, 7:31 pm

get Nick to put a heads up class together, promote it, and get some shit talk threads started........ then the burnouts will follow.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans June 9th 2014, 7:58 pm

richter69 wrote:get Nick to put a heads up class together, promote it, and get some shit talk threads started........ then the burnouts will follow.

I'm not sure that would have worked either.

Semi-local guy Ronnie Smith has a drag race bbf boat and one of those 3.5" tire fox mustang deals....guess what.

Ronnie had a boat race at the lake this past weekend & could not see his 3.5" tire deal run @ Nashville this past weekend....I'd assume that going to U S 60 was out of the question.

Scott Carman & Oakley were @ Route 66 for the div. 3 points race.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 9th 2014, 8:38 pm

richter69 wrote:get Nick to put a heads up class together, promote it, and get some shit talk threads started........ then the burnouts will follow.

Nick who ??? Suspect 
Ohhh The slum lord that doesn't show his face anymore... Rolling Eyes 
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum