BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gun owners any hand loaders ? just picked up a new gun

3 posters

Go down

gun owners any hand loaders ? just picked up a new gun  Empty gun owners any hand loaders ? just picked up a new gun

Post  5pointslow December 1st 2014, 8:39 am

i just picked up a new gun , a cousin of mine was hard up for some money ...so i ended up with a mint Savage 110 in 257 Roberts ackly improved changes to 40 degree shoulder

i got the dies with it as well , i do hand loads for my 35 whelen ,and 45/70 . My question is any of you guys have any exp with this caliber ?
i know the 257 roberts is off of the 7 mauser case if i recall . I have to pick up a box of ammo to shoot to fire form some brass then reload.

should be pretty flat shooting , case appears to be similar in size to a 308 , with the 24 inch barrel shows 115-120 gr bullet around 2900 -3000 fps

thanks if any one has any info on this or owns one .....should be a fun shooter
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

gun owners any hand loaders ? just picked up a new gun  Empty Re: gun owners any hand loaders ? just picked up a new gun

Post  dfree383 December 1st 2014, 12:33 pm

Never shot one of those, plenty of data in the reloaded manuals to get ya started.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

gun owners any hand loaders ? just picked up a new gun  Empty Re: gun owners any hand loaders ? just picked up a new gun

Post  5pointslow December 1st 2014, 5:46 pm

a wildcat ,but seems to be one of the more popular wildcat rounds
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh December 1st 2014, 9:47 pm

Cool I have not had the opportunity to shoot one either, but I think it is in line with the Winchester .243 the predecessor to the .308 as I recall, definitely a fast flying straight shooter i'm sure, great light, accurate all around rifle. Congrats on the purchase.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down