BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostalgia Racing

+5
bbf-falcon
kim
maverick
dfree383
rmcomprandy
9 posters

Go down

Nostalgia Racing Empty Nostalgia Racing

Post  rmcomprandy May 25th 2015, 4:35 pm

Getting back from a Nastalgia Funny Car nationals at Quaker City in Salem, Ohio. with more reasoning of why the NHRA just plain sucks.

There was a AA/FC there which was forced by rules to run in Alcohol Funny Car simply because it sported a BOSS 429 engine. They have a fuel engine merely for running Nitro at Exhibition Nostalgia Events but, had an alcohol engine in the car, here.

When the "LAWMAN" was running the real Nitro Funny Car circuit in 1971 that engine was legal so, how is this NHRA stuff REALLY said to be NOSTALGIA.  I think they need to get suited for fraud about the title and bringing some people out under false pretenses; making money in the process.

Today's safety rules are the ONLY rules of today which should apply.

Watching all those cars was a blast ... it is unfortunate that the younger public can not witness some old reality.

EDIT:  www.motownmotorsports.com/index.htm

Last edited by rmcomprandy on May 25th 2015, 7:29 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : one of these times I will get the link correct ... I hope)

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia Racing Empty Re: Nostalgia Racing

Post  dfree383 May 25th 2015, 5:58 pm

The nhra is nothing more than an entertainment corporation machine..... It cares not for the sport only for the money.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick May 25th 2015, 6:21 pm

I agree.  Even in the Nostalgia classes the NHRA can't stop squashing racers' efforts to gain a competitive advantage through hard work, research, development and testing.  It seems to me that a racer should be free to innovate within the rules and gain a competitive advantage...and that another racer should be free to do the same in order to catch up with him without worrying that his efforts will be illegal by season's end.   Beyond the safety issue (and sometimes there, too) many NHRA rules are just silly.

Back when the Super classes began (in order to help the little guy compete) a guy could actually compete in SuperGas with a smallblock, ladder bar Vega. So.....How much does a competitive SuperGas car cost these days? Some SuperGas cars are using 700+ inch engines for God's sake. How does a 9.90 e.t. at 185 mph make sense?

Does anyone else remember racing PureStock?

I haven't checked the ProStock Motorcycle rules lately but a few years ago the NHRA gave roughly a 1000cc advantage to the V-twins in order to help them get down the track alongside a Suzuki. A THOUSAND CC's?!?  I can understand a displacement limit, but, Jeez....  If I can't hang with the guys in a certain class, I'll pick another class or another form of racing. Rolling Eyes   But that's me.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kim May 25th 2015, 8:54 pm

He who pays the biggest "sponsorship" cough bribe wins. Chevy bought the NHRA long ago and made DAMN sure ford never put a foot down. The Chrysler ruling for the top fuel was just the other ford testicle getting kicked... it sucked when ford killed in NASCAR and got black balled... Chevy made sure they never sufferd that same embarrassment in NHRA. 50s and 60s NHRA really had an impact on win on Sunday, sell on Monday.. what was hot on the track, sold............

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 25th 2015, 9:17 pm

Nostalgia racing is the shitts,but NHRA sucks big time.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane May 26th 2015, 1:41 pm

Yep, as we all know NHRA did indeed used to allow the 385 Series in Top Fuel (etc) back in the day.  As rules changed, it got pushed out of the show mostly for political reasons.

Then the Nostalgia classes came around. The current Nostalgia Top Fuel classes that we see today were initiated by (and originated in) the Vintage Racing Association (VRA), and yes back when the VRA ran the program the 385 Series was allowed in Nostalgia Top Fuel just like it should be.

But the NHRA came in and essentially took over (or should I just say, TOOK) the VRA's vintage program and created today's NHRA Heritage Series. And when they did that they simply lateraled over their current Big Show rules which disqualify the 385 Series via the 4.84" bore space rule.

If I could tell you guys the amount of blood, sweat, tears, lost sleep, and never-ending effort that we have made over in this camp to get the 385 Series approved--or even granted a wavier for certain racing classes--your jaw would drop. Our efforts include working with track officials, NHRA techs, some of whom essentially develop today's current rules via making recommendations directly to the NHRA head office, etc, only to have gotten no-where for the last ten years.  And the politics behind this fiasco that I have uncovered are un-fricken-believable...
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 26th 2015, 8:08 pm

YEP ...  as far as power making; all they should limit is the size of the fuel pump. NOT the powerplant.

NHRA just likes going out and stepping on people so they can be the only game in town.
Simply because they can.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues May 27th 2015, 9:30 am

kim wrote:He who pays the biggest "sponsorship" cough  bribe wins.  Chevy bought the NHRA long ago and made DAMN sure ford never put a foot down.    The Chrysler ruling for the top fuel was just the other ford testicle getting kicked...  it sucked when ford killed in NASCAR and got black balled...   Chevy made sure they never sufferd that same embarrassment in NHRA.  50s and 60s NHRA really had an impact on win on Sunday, sell on Monday..  what was hot on the track, sold............  

yep its called the Chevrolet National Hot Rod Association! Don't laugh too hard because its true. pale
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 28th 2015, 6:57 am

Rolling Eyes What sucks is that we are made to support them if we want to race.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav May 28th 2015, 8:01 pm

Fuck em! Run outlaw tracks. NHRA is gonna falter one day.NHRA tracks up here are already suferring car counts do to their bullshit rules.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt May 28th 2015, 10:29 pm

I haven't given the NHRA a dime since around '98. The only National events I have been to were free tickets given to me, or as a pit bitch for my buddies that still chase the ever illusive Wally.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon May 29th 2015, 9:28 am

Curt wrote:I haven't given the NHRA a dime since around '98. The only National events I have been to were free tickets given to me, or as a pit bitch for my buddies that still chase the ever illusive Wally.

So,you don't have a NHRA license,OR car certification?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt May 29th 2015, 11:48 am

bbf-falcon wrote:
Curt wrote:I haven't given the NHRA a dime since around '98. The only National events I have been to were free tickets given to me, or as a pit bitch for my buddies that still chase the ever illusive Wally.

So,you don't have a NHRA license,OR car certification?

No. IHRA only
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down