BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

diesel oil in antifreeze

+3
richter69
dfree383
Bart Knox
7 posters

Go down

diesel oil in antifreeze Empty diesel oil in antifreeze

Post  Bart Knox October 30th 2015, 2:06 pm

So I just changed the oil cooler in my 92 diese not a fun job rad was plugged got it flowing again heater core is clogged was going to put rad back in and I have three bottles of kleen-flo rad flush and one bottle of gunk rad flush any other ideas of a way to flush it out?  And anything else that could have done let oil into cooling system thanks
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

http://W. B Knox&son LTD Huntsville Ontario

Back to top Go down

diesel oil in antifreeze Empty Re: diesel oil in antifreeze

Post  dfree383 October 30th 2015, 2:19 pm

With that much crap in everything and cleaning it like that.

You've uncovered a Worm hole in block?
Discovered a Bad Head Gasket or other sealing surface?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 30th 2015, 4:25 pm

Siimple green is what we use at the ford dealer here, happens a lot w the 6.0 and 6.4 turds
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Knox October 30th 2015, 5:16 pm

Nightmare got it together and oil filter housing leaking parts store ses they can't brake down the cooler does anyone no if the dealer sells gaskets separate everything was clean went together good I don't no depression kicking in big time
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech October 30th 2015, 9:15 pm

richter69 wrote:Siimple green is what we use at the ford dealer here, happens a lot w the 6.0 and 6.4 turds

X2 - Dish detergent is what I have used in the past with success. Messy shit to get out of a cooling system. Wink
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  10.0 October 31st 2015, 1:33 am

Get a box of Cascade powdered dishwasher soap, fill radiator with straight water and up to a 1/4 box of soap, depends on how nasty oil is.
Run motor up to temp, drive around some if you have to, drain water, rinse out radiator.
If it comes out clean, fill with antifreeze, if not, fill radiator and add soap, etc, til clean.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Knox October 31st 2015, 3:50 pm

Got the leak fixed got the rad clean but still no heat. I have a 95 f150 thinking it might be easier to just take the heater core from that and put it in. The f150 is just a yard beater doesn't really need heat. Was going to drive it this week for work should I loop the heater hoses or you think it's all right? It's only ten minutes to the job and I don't think there's anything going through the heater core still no heat
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 31st 2015, 9:27 pm

Be easier to just buy one.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Knox October 31st 2015, 10:12 pm

So 10 minutes of driving and the heat came back hit the hwy getting up to speed and the front end starts thrashing to the point you can hardly hold on to the wheel just got this truck thot it was a good deal for 3500 bucks body is in good shape for around here with the salt roads but seems like one thing after a another truck looks a lot better than the last rust bucket for pricing jobs anyway I'm broke after the oil cooler my 95 bronco had the same problem thrashed till it ripped the center drop bracket from the frame so I replaced everything in the front end center bushings tie rods and center link I can't believe ford made these front ends for 16 years anyway yous must no what I mean I know the center bushings were cheap you think that's the problem hard to see how much play they have the leaf springs hold it pretty solid everything else still seems tight at least not bad enough to thrash like that I guess I'll stick to the back roads till I finish this next shingle job I feel the stress coming down on me heavy
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 November 1st 2015, 7:51 am

Bad tire and or bad shocks. Had a bronco once put new larger tires on and didn't balance them took it for a drive and at low speeds all was fine until I sped up or hit a pot hole then all heck broke loose has to stop the thing to stop the shaking bouncing. Found out factory shock was bad and couldn't control the bigger tire put new shocks on and was better but not right ended up buying larger aftermarket shock and having tires balanced
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Knox November 1st 2015, 9:39 am

Never thought of the shocks letting it trash like that but that makes sense definitely be easier to change than pivot bushings. In the bronco after it thrashed the drop bracket right off the frame I just assumed that it was the steering parts or pivot bushings now that I think about it I changed the tires on the bronco at the same time put the brand new 38.5 boggers on still not balanced and shocks are definitely toast but still the problem was gone
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Knox November 1st 2015, 11:53 am

Got new shocks from Canadian tire truck was fine with stock shocks before so hopefully it's good again. The first day I got the truck the pins fell out of caliper on driver side and scared up the inside of rim a bit there h2 hummer wheels I think there aluminum so that might have knocked the weights off didn't notice it being out of balance before this happened just trying to make sense of what happened the problem just came out of nowhere.
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Knox November 1st 2015, 1:16 pm

Rims are to wide ground half the weight off going to swap front with back try not to turn all the way
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Knox November 1st 2015, 4:47 pm

Thanks lighting 94 I never doubted you for a second looks like I'm back on the road this site has helped me so much don't know what I would do without you guys
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech November 1st 2015, 10:33 pm

If it's a F350 with a solid front axle then your track bar bushings that are bad. I've seen it many times with the solid front axle fords including the 92 F350 I have now. Hit a bump the right way and it shakes so bad you can hardly hold on to the wheel. Scared the shit out of my old man when it happened in my F250. Laughing
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Knox November 2nd 2015, 7:52 am

It's a 250 with the two peace axle and ya it sounds like the same thing kind of scary when you're not ready for it after it happened a few times you get use to it hard to believe that one bad shock could do that I've drove f150 with 33s and had shocks broke right off and didn't carry on like that
Bart Knox
Bart Knox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down