BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E4OD converter discussion -- 1,000 FWHP

5 posters

Go down

E4OD converter discussion -- 1,000 FWHP Empty E4OD converter discussion -- 1,000 FWHP

Post  Greg_P December 19th 2009, 8:00 pm

As the title says.

Jay at Broader Performance has been building me custom stuff for several years now, and snice I'm converting to an E4OD in the Torino he and I are now discussing a converter.

I am in no way second guessing Jay her at all, just looking for real world feedback.

We would like to build a nitrous converter that I can lockup in third gear under full power.....eventually we'll be at 1,000 fwhp after this coming season.

Are we on crack or is this possible?

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

E4OD converter discussion -- 1,000 FWHP Empty Re: E4OD converter discussion -- 1,000 FWHP

Post  richter69 December 19th 2009, 8:46 pm

Lenny should chime in, he has done a whole bunch for me and the hp diesel guys.

Get ready to spend some money though.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

E4OD converter discussion -- 1,000 FWHP Empty Re: E4OD converter discussion -- 1,000 FWHP

Post  ultimatelenny December 20th 2009, 9:34 pm

If you could provide a complete run down on your vehicle, it would be a good place to start from. How are you Jon, hope all is well.

PS - Are you saying that I'm a high priced hooker Shocked lol
ultimatelenny
ultimatelenny

http://www.ultimateconverter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 20th 2009, 9:55 pm

ultimatelenny wrote:If you could provide a complete run down on your vehicle, it would be a good place to start from. How are you Jon, hope all is well.

PS - Are you saying that I'm a high priced hooker Shocked lol

You get what you pay for right????? Laughing

I'm good, you moved yet?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P December 20th 2009, 10:15 pm

Lenny,

We spoke briefly on the phone a few months ago about some general ideas on this type of converter, but I did not know what I was really going to be doing back then.

Since I do all my trans stuff with Jay at Broader Performance, and he has also been doing my C6 converters, (and he's local, to boot) I have decided to work with Jay on the converter.

This has nothing to do with you, of course, it's just that I have been working with Jay for so long I'm gonna keep on with him on this E4OD deal.

Of course I would value your input here, but I can't expect you to chime in when I'm spending my $$$ with another shop.

scratch

I just wanted to be up front with both you and Jon so nobody got the idea that I was scheming.

Mainly I was curious if anyone else has or knows anyone who has been putting a lot of HP and RPM through an E4OD converter, and if they were, what was working for them.

The plan here is to build the converter for next year's motor.....which will still be a 545, but will have more carburetion and more n2o, as well as a little more cam most likely. The plan is to upgrade from the 200 shot to a 300 shot, and maybe increase the n/a HP by 25-50 hp with the cam and carb/intake changes. The shift RPM will stay in the 6200-6500 range.

The car is damn near 4200 lbs, the rear gear is a 3.89, the E4OD has a C6 front planet, so it has C6 1st and 2nd gear ratios.

Trans control will be a Baumann unit.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  droppedf100 January 6th 2010, 3:09 am

Damn you must drive the shit out of that car to warrant the OD swap. I drive my truck all over no trailer but really cant justify the cost and added weight and complexity that goes with the E4OD. I would like to do the swap on my dads 95 F150 with a carbed 460 swap so ill be paying attention.
droppedf100
droppedf100

Back to top Go down

Post  ultimatelenny January 6th 2010, 9:20 am

Greg_P wrote:Lenny,

We spoke briefly on the phone a few months ago about some general ideas on this type of converter, but I did not know what I was really going to be doing back then.

Since I do all my trans stuff with Jay at Broader Performance, and he has also been doing my C6 converters, (and he's local, to boot) I have decided to work with Jay on the converter.

This has nothing to do with you, of course, it's just that I have been working with Jay for so long I'm gonna keep on with him on this E4OD deal.

Of course I would value your input here, but I can't expect you to chime in when I'm spending my $$$ with another shop.

scratch

I just wanted to be up front with both you and Jon so nobody got the idea that I was scheming.

Mainly I was curious if anyone else has or knows anyone who has been putting a lot of HP and RPM through an E4OD converter, and if they were, what was working for them.

The plan here is to build the converter for next year's motor.....which will still be a 545, but will have more carburetion and more n2o, as well as a little more cam most likely. The plan is to upgrade from the 200 shot to a 300 shot, and maybe increase the n/a HP by 25-50 hp with the cam and carb/intake changes. The shift RPM will stay in the 6200-6500 range.

The car is damn near 4200 lbs, the rear gear is a 3.89, the E4OD has a C6 front planet, so it has C6 1st and 2nd gear ratios.

Trans control will be a Baumann unit.

Greg

Hi Greg, No ill intent taken. I try to help everyone out as much as possible, no matter who's customer they may be as I get along with most everyone in the business. There is enough business out there for everyone without going the negative route, which is a no-no as far as I am concerned. Always feel free to call and ask.
ultimatelenny
ultimatelenny

http://www.ultimateconverter.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P January 6th 2010, 11:33 pm

Lenny,

That's mighty cool of you, and I guess Jay's impression of you and your shop is spot on: a class act.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 February 4th 2010, 10:15 pm

Greg, did jay build the E4OD for you? The reason I ask is I don't see it in his listed transmissions. I may have hurt the C6 this fall and I'm looking at a C6 rebuild & gear vendors or E4OD and move my tranfer case back.

John.
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg_P February 5th 2010, 8:14 am

John,

Jay is building me bunch of parts for the E4OD, and I'm putting it together.

I don't think he's doing E4OD's, but it might be worth a call to see what he can do for you. He is sharp on the E4OD's and he's got a bunch of parts for them, so maybe he can help you out.

I do not think a C6 with a GV will be nearly as good as an E4OD.

Greg
Greg_P
Greg_P

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down