BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aftermarket 460 block

+8
supervel45
rmcomprandy
BBFTorino
dfree383
Paul Kane
Dave De
hbstang
snuff98
12 posters

Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty aftermarket 460 block

Post  snuff98 June 24th 2022, 12:24 pm

Will anyone ever make another aftermarket 460 block? I am not talking about a new or improved version just a ford racing a460 or an idt block. Looks like ford took the part number off the books.

snuff98

Posts : 235
Join date : 2016-08-04
Age : 51
Location : Hessmer Louisiana

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty dont worry

Post  hbstang June 24th 2022, 3:36 pm

snuff98 wrote:Will anyone ever make another aftermarket 460 block?  I am not talking about a new or improved version just a ford racing a460 or an idt block.  Looks like ford took the part number off the books.

build back worse will make sure speedmaster and the ccp will build those new blocks for you!


untill then i have this for sale.

https://www.429-460.com/t28435-ford-motorsport-blockcrower-crank-for-sale
hbstang
hbstang

Posts : 243
Join date : 2012-10-29
Location : socal

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Dave De June 26th 2022, 10:53 am

This is a good question. Could the aftermarket blocks be coming from China? Maybe there is no longer a business model for high end BBF power? Its troubling to say the least.

If this continues D0VE blocks will be extremely valuable and for those lower power people like me, D9TE blocks with 4 bolt conversions are the answer.
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 675
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Paul Kane June 26th 2022, 1:12 pm

hbstang wrote:
snuff98 wrote:Will anyone ever make another aftermarket 460 block?...

build back worse will make sure speedmaster and the ccp will build those new blocks for you!
Government politics have nothing to do with the current A460 block production run.  The latest raw A460 castings exist; Ford shot themselves in the foot (yet again) with a machine shop that was going to finish them and that's all I'm going to say about that.

______________________________________________


Dave De wrote:
If this continues D0VE blocks will be extremely valuable and for those lower power people like me, D9TE blocks with 4 bolt conversions are the answer.
Any of the 385 Series 2-bolt cylinder block engineering revisions have an equal chance of surviving big power.  Build ten 4-bolted D0VE blocks and ten 4-bolted standard-webbed blocks, and the attrition between standard-webbed and thick-webbed will be about the same.  The fully-machined main webs of the D0VE blocks certainly facilitate the 4-bolt conversion process but offer little to no structural benefit as far as general failure rate goes.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

Posts : 997
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

J.Toney, Mark Miller and The Pope like this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  hbstang June 26th 2022, 1:59 pm

Paul Kane wrote:
hbstang wrote:
snuff98 wrote:Will anyone ever make another aftermarket 460 block?...

build back worse will make sure speedmaster and the ccp will build those new blocks for you!
Government politics have nothing to do with the current A460 block production run.  The latest raw A460 castings exist; Ford shot themselves in the foot (yet again) with a machine shop that was going to finish them and that's all I'm going to say about that.

______________________________________________


Dave De wrote:
If this continues D0VE blocks will be extremely valuable and for those lower power people like me, D9TE blocks with 4 bolt conversions are the answer.
Any of the 385 Series 2-bolt cylinder block engineering revisions have an equal chance of surviving big power.  Build ten 4-bolted D0VE blocks and ten 4-bolted standard-webbed blocks, and the attrition between standard-webbed and thick-webbed will be about the same.  The fully-machined main webs of the D0VE blocks certainly facilitate the 4-bolt conversion process but offer little to no structural benefit as far as general failure rate goes.

sorry paul,but you are wrong.this administration will not stop untill total destruction of oil and automobile!this only the begining.so be very carefull how you vote or it will only get worse.check link.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/kentucky-aluminum-plant-cuts-production-lays-off-600-workers-high-energy-costs

hbstang
hbstang

Posts : 243
Join date : 2012-10-29
Location : socal

dfree383 and The Pope like this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  dfree383 June 26th 2022, 5:21 pm

hbstang is correct the current administrations outright hostility towards fossil fuels and them openly admitting to wanting to have all fossil fuels related stuff out of business in 20 years is definelty having an effect or all markets related to autos

Hell Paul your own fruity state you live in is leading the charge (pun intended) to failure.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14588
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Paul Kane June 26th 2022, 6:35 pm

hbstang wrote:sorry paul,but you are wrong.this administration will not stop untill total destruction of oil and automobile!this only the begining.so be very carefull how you vote or it will only get worse.check link.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/kentucky-aluminum-plant-cuts-production-lays-off-600-workers-high-energy-costs
hbstang, you quoted the OP’s question, which was (paraphrased/distilled):

snuff98 wrote:Will anyone ever make another aftermarket 460 block…just a ford racing a460 or an idt block...

And the answer is that Ford did cast blocks, those castings definitely exist, and the reason they are not finished and not available for sales and distribution has nothing to do with the political climate.

You can spout off about politics all you want—that doesn’t bother nor offend me in any way you go for it.  But when you reply to the OP’s specific inquiry about the non-availability of A460 blocks with your statement that the current political climate is the reason…then you’re only ranting about politics without providing a knowledgeable answer, and that's most likely because you have no knowledge on the happenings in question.

Even your most recent post above (where you reply to me) is another rant about current political affairs…or that “the government is killing U.S. manufacturing” or whatever. And that may indeed be happening in U.S. manufacturing these days, but it is not an answer to the current A460 block production run because this current run has not been held up for the political reasons you state.

If you actually knew the reason why the A460 blocks aren’t available, then you might have shared the true and correct information.  As for me I will not get any more specific out of professional courtesy, but my statement in my original reply is far more accurate than your original reply which, by the way, does little more than reveal to me that you have absolutely no idea what’s going on with the blocks.

___________________________________________________


dfree383 wrote:hbstang is correct the current administrations outright hostility towards fossil fuels and them openly admitting to  wanting to have all fossil fuels related stuff out of business in 20 years is definelty having an effect or all markets related to autos

Hell Paul your own fruity state you live in is leading the charge (pun intended) to failure.
How seriously elementary; tell me something I don't know. Rolling Eyes
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

Posts : 997
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

QtrWarrior, Mark Miller and The Pope like this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  BBFTorino June 26th 2022, 6:48 pm

Lucky for me, I have a friend who is going to sell me a brand new Eliminator block, still in the box on a pallet.

BBFTorino

Posts : 907
Join date : 2015-12-31

Mark Miller and The Pope like this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Dave De June 26th 2022, 8:02 pm

We have a perfect storm here where you cant find an aftermarket iron block. So now the demand is at an all time high and there isn't much of any supply.
If ford doesnt even list the A460 block anymore then more than likely its gone forever. Its easy for them to scrap whatever castings they have.
The C&C aluminum block at $6k is looking better by the day and that sucks.
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 675
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

Mark Miller and The Pope like this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  rmcomprandy June 26th 2022, 9:41 pm

Dave De wrote:We have a perfect storm here where you cant find an aftermarket iron block. So now the demand is at an all time high and there isn't much of any supply.
If ford doesnt even list the A460 block anymore then more than likely its gone forever. Its easy for them to scrap whatever castings they have.
The C&C aluminum block at $6k is looking better by the day and that sucks.

Hopefully not but, Ford Performance Parts could be following the GM Parts mantra and delete a part number ... only to then at a later date give the same part a new number for sale at a much higher price.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5795
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  supervel45 June 28th 2022, 12:16 am

Oops, hope Ford did not send out all the castings, does not sound good. If they did and it's what it sounds like (Shop), might take awhile for new ones.

supervel45

Posts : 3156
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Coupe Devil July 1st 2022, 11:45 am

Yes. I am told a new block will be available. Cast and aluminum. Not Ford.
Coupe Devil
Coupe Devil

Posts : 220
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 43
Location : Conway SC

https://www.facebook.com/NCSpeedlab

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  68formalGT July 1st 2022, 12:58 pm

Jet boat Bob was supposed to have received a new block months ago, haven't heard how it all went though.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Posts : 849
Join date : 2012-02-13
Location : Pueblo West, Colorado

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Dave De July 1st 2022, 6:25 pm

This all looks very bad. Those of you that are in the business must be very concerned. As time goes by the likelihood of high end blocks is slipping away.
Even Pontiac has Butler providing blocks.

Whatever happened to Eliminator with their CGI blocks?
Dave De
Dave De

Posts : 675
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Highland, MI

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Coupe Devil July 1st 2022, 7:25 pm

68formalGT wrote:Jet boat Bob was supposed to have received a new block months ago, haven't heard how it all went though.

He received 2 that he was supposed to build engines out of and make agreed upon HP. Once that was done, Ford would continue with manufacturing if they made the desired HP (I dont know what that agreed upon HP was) I do not know if he has built and dyno'd the engines.

Dave De wrote:This all looks very bad. Those of you that are in the business must be very concerned. As time goes by the likelihood of high end blocks is slipping away.
Even Pontiac has Butler providing blocks.

Whatever happened to Eliminator with their CGI blocks?

Not sure about Mikes blocks. I can tell you I could sell 10 a week for 2 months easily if I had them available right now.
Coupe Devil
Coupe Devil

Posts : 220
Join date : 2009-09-25
Age : 43
Location : Conway SC

https://www.facebook.com/NCSpeedlab

QtrWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  68formalGT July 1st 2022, 8:50 pm

Coupe Devil wrote:
68formalGT wrote:Jet boat Bob was supposed to have received a new block months ago, haven't heard how it all went though.

He received 2 that he was supposed to build engines out of and make agreed upon HP. Once that was done, Ford would continue with manufacturing if they made the desired HP (I dont know what that agreed upon HP was) I do not know if he has built and dyno'd the engines.

Dave De wrote:This all looks very bad. Those of you that are in the business must be very concerned. As time goes by the likelihood of high end blocks is slipping away.
Even Pontiac has Butler providing blocks.

Whatever happened to Eliminator with their CGI blocks?

Not sure about Mikes blocks. I can tell you I could sell 10 a week for 2 months easily if I had them available right now.
I saw the thread on Bookface but never heard what happened with those blocks with Bob's builds. The whole deal on blocks, both Ford and Eliminator sucks
68formalGT
68formalGT

Posts : 849
Join date : 2012-02-13
Location : Pueblo West, Colorado

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  norm July 2nd 2022, 9:16 am

Coupe Devil wrote:Yes. I am told a new block will be available. Cast and aluminum. Not Ford.

Who is manufacturing them?
norm
norm

Posts : 239
Join date : 2009-08-06
Location : michigan

J.Toney likes this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  supervel45 July 2nd 2022, 5:21 pm

Dave De wrote:This all looks very bad. Those of you that are in the business must be very concerned. As time goes by the likelihood of high end blocks is slipping away.
Even Pontiac has Butler providing blocks.

Whatever happened to Eliminator with their CGI blocks?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/01/world/asia/china-nato.html

Hot Rod parts are likely the least of Big Business's worries. You saw what happened to small business's in 2020 during covid, and they hate high performance aftermarket, so it's no surprise and they won't be bailed out.

Non essential and environmentally unfriendly business's will be targeted by ECS lending and first to go in the upcoming Economic War against China.

" New World Order that America's going to lead, you'll See " even if we perish trying. C'Mon Man.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2022/05/06/does-the-china-solomon-islands-security-pact-portend-a-more-interventionist-beijing/

And this was not good either, very critical real estate in the Pacific for our Navy.


I also hope we have not been completely sold out from within and are being setup, scary times to those that have been keeping up.

We do need to get business out of China and a lot of it should have never been allowed to go there in the first place in my opinion. It's going to hurt bad also now, If we make it through.

supervel45

Posts : 3156
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  rmcomprandy July 3rd 2022, 10:45 am

I suspect that Ford may be leaning toward producing a 7.3 Godzilla aftermarket block to take the 460's place.

It would be great if they had both.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5795
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

QtrWarrior, dfree383, Mark Miller and The Pope like this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Mark O'Neal July 3rd 2022, 5:10 pm

Mike is still making then at Eliminator. I'm pretty sure he has aluminum, iron is problematic as he had to change casting plants.....or something.

Mark O'Neal

Posts : 268
Join date : 2009-08-12

QtrWarrior, dfree383, J.Toney, Mark Miller and 68formalGT like this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Mark O'Neal July 3rd 2022, 5:11 pm

norm wrote:
Coupe Devil wrote:Yes. I am told a new block will be available. Cast and aluminum. Not Ford.

Who is manufacturing them?

https://www.eliminatorproducts.com/sub_category/Performance%20Products/Blocks

Mark O'Neal

Posts : 268
Join date : 2009-08-12

68formalGT likes this post

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  supervel45 July 25th 2022, 1:11 am

Dave De wrote:This all looks very bad. Those of you that are in the business must be very concerned. As time goes by the likelihood of high end blocks is slipping away.
Even Pontiac has Butler providing blocks.

Whatever happened to Eliminator with their CGI blocks?

There is some hope on this deal for some American Companies But!

I was checking on 134A pricing and likely future availabilty because it's nice to be cool on the older vehicles and the current import status in case I need some in the future I though it might be good idea at $10.99 for 12oz. while I can.

No link. It was in the first links on this kind of stuff made public but aimed at Big Corps..

The foreign dumping regs. status is in effect for you guested it to help our Corps. stay safe that is a Must Have for everyone.

The BUT, is the Green stuff is a chip in play.

Anyway hope it all works out and things go good for the smaller guys in the Biz. All ways need something good in oct. BUT

With the press shying away from so much going on and so much at stake less is sometimes good so there's that.

We know the flip sides of how that goes if you have been around long enough.

If it is real and not saber rattling and goes South the talk will be over and the Praying will start. It gave me hope that this may blow over. On the other hand it might be to help stocks. Just the way it is. The other green is very mean.

That talk on the TV News Thur. Friday on ABC World Sucked. If you didn't watch that was good for your weekend hopefully. I'm just going to skip it for now, and pretend it was more BS.

We could all use some good news on Monday, that's for sure.

supervel45

Posts : 3156
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

aftermarket 460 block Empty Re: aftermarket 460 block

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum