BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block

5 posters

Go down

Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block Empty Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block

Post  Daytonatunnel July 27th 2021, 12:54 pm

If all things internally are close to equal, would the oil pressure be similar with a standard block and an Eliminator block. Or does the priority oil system increase the oil pressure on the mains (reading from the typical BBF port at the back of the engine)?
Daytonatunnel
Daytonatunnel

Posts : 36
Join date : 2010-05-04
Location : Enumclaw, WA

Back to top Go down

Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block Empty Re: Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block

Post  dfree383 July 29th 2021, 8:08 am

It’s all in the clearances
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14448
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

Back to top Go down

Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block Empty Re: Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block

Post  Gregaust July 30th 2021, 5:11 am

Been there previous with an Eliminator block. I've never studied the circuitry but I can say the pressure taken at the rear port is lower. Sad

We switched pressure reading to front port , all fixed Cool

Gregaust

Posts : 579
Join date : 2009-08-09

Back to top Go down

Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block Empty Re: Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block

Post  rmcomprandy July 30th 2021, 12:07 pm

Gregaust wrote:Been there previous with an Eliminator block. I've never studied the circuitry but I can say the pressure taken at the rear port is lower. Sad

We switched pressure reading to front port , all fixed Cool

I am not certain but, I think the rear port reads the pressure within the lifter galleries.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5695
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block Empty Re: Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block

Post  Gregaust July 31st 2021, 5:48 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
Gregaust wrote:Been there previous with an Eliminator block. I've never studied the circuitry but I can say the pressure taken at the rear port is lower. Sad

We switched pressure reading to front port , all fixed Cool

I am not certain but, I think the rear port reads the pressure within the lifter galleries.

At the time we contacted Eliminator gave us guidance to swap to the front port . We were only showing 40 psi at the rear .

Gregaust

Posts : 579
Join date : 2009-08-09

Back to top Go down

Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block Empty Re: Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block

Post  norm July 31st 2021, 9:36 am

Gregaust wrote: At the time we contacted Eliminator gave us guidance to swap to the front port . We were only showing 40 psi at the rear .

The difference in pressure at the front port and rear is just showing the "leaks" in the system front to back.

Too big of a drop would be bad i'd think. 10-20lbs is one thing but 50% would show a big issue
norm
norm

Posts : 226
Join date : 2009-08-06
Location : michigan

Back to top Go down

Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block Empty Re: Oil Pressure Standard Block vs. Aftermarket Block

Post  rmcomprandy July 31st 2021, 1:40 pm

norm wrote:
Gregaust wrote: At the time we contacted Eliminator gave us guidance to swap to the front port . We were only showing 40 psi at the rear .

The difference in pressure at the front port and rear is just showing the "leaks" in the system front to back.

Too big of a drop would be bad i'd think. 10-20lbs is one thing but 50% would show a big issue

An Eliminator block and a standard production block are two totally different oiling systems.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5695
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Gregaust likes this post

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum