BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermarket parts availibility - what the hell?

+2
supervel45
BigBlockRanger
6 posters

Go down

Aftermarket parts availibility - what the hell? Empty Aftermarket parts availibility - what the hell?

Post  BigBlockRanger July 11th 2023, 9:27 am

What is going on in the aftermarket? Seems as if parts like camshafts are scarce. I ordered a cam from Summit in March and the ship date just keeps getting pushed farther and farther out. It's not just one cam mfg either, they all seem to be out of stock.

I just searched Summit for BBF hyd flat tappet cams and there were only 4 that were actually in stock ready to ship.

Also, is TFS EVER going to start making 290 heads again?
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket parts availibility - what the hell? Empty Re: Aftermarket parts availibility - what the hell?

Post  supervel45 July 11th 2023, 9:47 am

It's been that way with cams since I started the below thread.

The lifter shortage on HFT and SFT seems to has improved since then but check the link and look at the Roller Lifters.

Keep in mind most Fords use the same lifter as the 429/460 also.

https://www.429-460.com/t28795-is-there-a-lifter-shortage-now

I keep the 429/460 cams on my watch list at Ebay, and there is almost no performance cams left around there either, with many big companies like Summit and Jeg's using them for advertising and sales.

At least TRE has a since of humor on the TFS 290's LoL.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/281882343319?epid=1152176282&hash=item41a17f3797:g:E4QAAOSwb~Ja0N1c&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0JZgxoJOgb7b%2FyOxp%2BUB7YLunTZM1AlJANJC%2FMg55Pxhh2fnRckSLUNyUTr82XxgCVNQWbhm29lqNuOI4QtRXXzdMNkgnl11TjOCNZDVMOeAj7W3ivRmjQeVHpPF2LI5SWYQPNEYljJXbN5uqBeMnTJoRamElyqGMsZETMNjY4Jg6qmKq4aOKXSYTPI0cwxJAaoMoFSxwWdUREX7XNpc7%2B8XRXXO96jxTW9aaBVMHodD5Y888hZ%2BX58jZANRdtT3b%2B6J4F5z4ytynOMu2OghGQY%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8bKt9WoYg

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket parts availibility - what the hell? Empty Re: Aftermarket parts availibility - what the hell?

Post  BigBlockRanger July 11th 2023, 11:20 am

I don't understand the point of those listings?

Do they really have some in stock? If so, just list them and sell them. Strange.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 July 11th 2023, 1:45 pm

I seriously doubt they have any BBF TFS heads at TRE, I have no Idea why they even list them. They show none sold in the Ebay Completed/Sold search. They have not for a long time either as I have periotically checked. The TFS and AFR websites have not shown any BBF heads in stock for what seems like a year. TFS it seems like may have had a couple of bare BBF AHead castings not long ago.

Short of the ProComp type stuff all I have seen available is Edelbrock, SVO/SCJ and SR-71's.

The lifters link was to show how short this type of stuff has gotten and that was in October of 2022 when I noticed it. As you can see I don't think any Crower Roller Lifters are available right now at Summit for BBF's.

Summits BBF camshaft stock has been bare at least that long also.

On Ebay if you search 460 Ford Camshaft they are the same way. They have a bunch of listings for RV cams, then a few CompCams single pattern HFT a few hyd. rollers, like two solid rollers and a very small number of hyd. rollers. The prices are also very High.

It's so bad a guy has about 50 listings of Ford OEM Camshafts reground into performance grinds.

Before 2020 and Covid you could find almost any BBF cam made by the big companies on Ebay.

I don't know what kind of cams you are after. You can look at what they have if you like. Also they finally got the Edelbrock RPM HFT cam and lifter kits in, they were out of stock for a long time.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=460+ford+performance+camshaft&_sop=13

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino July 11th 2023, 4:36 pm

Bidenomics in action. Can you see how he's "Building Back Better"?

BBFTorino

BigBlockRanger likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 11th 2023, 5:30 pm

BigBlockRanger wrote:What is going on in the aftermarket?   Seems as if parts like camshafts are scarce.   I ordered a cam from Summit in March and the ship date just keeps getting pushed farther and farther out.  It's not just one cam mfg either, they all seem to be out of stock.  

I just searched Summit for BBF hyd flat tappet cams and there were only 4 that were actually in stock ready to ship.

Also, is TFS EVER going to start making 290 heads again?

That is what happens when the manufacturing in this country loses their workforce ... the automotive aftermarket was certainly not considered to be a necessity or mandatory endeavor to the government; especially in Michigan... Cam cores don't get made, heads and manifolds don't get machined or the foundry to cast then closes, etc.

Now, catching-up will probably take years.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 July 11th 2023, 11:40 pm

^ I always suspected this may also may have something to do with it as they don't like old cars and Big Blocks Especially.

https://www.spglobal.com/en/research-insights/articles/esg-industry-report-card-autos-and-auto-parts

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 12th 2023, 10:55 am

supervel45 wrote:^ I always suspected this may also may have something to do with it as they don't like old cars and Big Blocks Especially.

https://www.spglobal.com/en/research-insights/articles/esg-industry-report-card-autos-and-auto-parts

The aftermarket will certainly "catcj up" the biggest selling parts and castings FIRST and things for the big block Ford are not a popular item to them.
Case in point ... In the last 6 months I have spec'ed and sold 5 big block Chevrolet cams; 2 rollers and 3 flat tappet simply because blank cores ARE available for that engine.

rmcomprandy

QtrWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 July 12th 2023, 6:58 pm

^ Randy I Completely agree with your above statement.

I also stand behind my statement you quoted.

Time will tell how it all pans out and what 2025 brings I suppose?

I will follow the trend and see what it does.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/make/chevrolet?keyword=big%20block%20cams&ar=1&kr=big%20block%20chevy%20cams&page=1

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 13th 2023, 1:04 pm

supervel45 wrote:^ Randy I Completely agree with your above statement.

I also stand behind my statement you quoted.

Time will tell how it all pans out and what 2025 brings I suppose?

I will follow the trend and see what it does.

That's the reason I have the 2 sbf I that's not the cam I was looking for the one I wanted I would have had to wait 3 months on. But the ones I got work's good for what I built with them

https://www.summitracing.com/search/make/chevrolet?keyword=big%20block%20cams&ar=1&kr=big%20block%20chevy%20cams&page=1
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino July 13th 2023, 2:09 pm

If you think aftermarket parts availability is bad, wait until the world wide food shortage hits in full force!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 July 14th 2023, 4:01 am

^NAH everyone will plant Victory Gardens with GMO Seedless. Don't forget your updated Covid Vax either. 🤡World. CO2 Bad for Plants Oh I mean Planet WEF shut down the EU Farms Permantently Seed them with Clusters Instead. Save the Planet. Wink KumByaya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMHfBobgLSI

^Red Shirt Yellow Star, Hmm JeWiz Looks familiar, where have we seen around before/now?

Those That Control Food Can Control Whole Continent's or Even the World So They Think

https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/in-1984-how-does-winston-react-to-victory-in-60831

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround July 17th 2023, 2:55 pm

I just had an email from a supplier saying there is a possibility of a UPS strike if the union doesn't vote to accept the new contract. It went on to say if this happens, Fedex and other carriers will probably limit the number of packages that can be sent daily. If all this goes down, then it will hurt parts availability even more.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 July 17th 2023, 6:24 pm

^ I got wind of that last week or the week before and looked into it.

I doubt they will strike. They always hold out on signing their contract.

They also repersent over 20% of that type of shipping transport.

If they do strike, I think it will be short as Congress will order them back to work. You Know NS and all involved.

They also know Biden will put pressure on the Company to give them more.

On the rail road strike deal not long ago, that's how it went down.

Also shortly after buried in back page New's Biden bailed out a group Linked to the Union Pension fund to a tune of a 1 billion dollars or so Off the Radar. I can't remember the exact amout but it was billion+.

Russia Cutting Ukie Grain shipping from the Black Sea Today 7/17/2023 is another Matter Though. Not Good.

Now off to pure Spooky Conspiracy Speculation Hypothesis WTF if Theory.
I was watching old clip of Dr. Tim Leary for historic value and a little insight into what goes on in the Silicone Valley Mind of Some Of and Their Cult Followers Minds, and This came up on the YouBoob feed below it. The "Claimed" Release date "To" YouBoob was a 11 Years Ago. Video probably made the YouBoob Feed around 2012. Like I say "Claimed Release Date". Yes that could make a difference if that is not "True".
Any way screw the rest of the video watch the fist part. Christians will be double spooked by the symbolism to the last book of the Bible. I am sure Tim read it and it was intended that way. Just coming to seeing it today was triple spooky to me.
Like I said, Likely an Odd Coincidence and a Out of the Box Observation and Informed Imagination kicking in...Hopefully seeing as where so much of the World's Grain comes From and Who is Buying up so Much U.S. Farm Land. Wink and Also Owns the Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ti_TWbKUBg

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket parts availibility - what the hell? Empty High Performance BBF Camshaft Availibity Problem and Used

Post  supervel45 September 18th 2023, 8:55 pm

Lazar Company Valve Train.

Custom Cam Grinder Out of Cuba Mo. The "Show Me" State with Stubborn Mules Wink

^Op's Edit That... My Bad... Machine Shop it Appears and "Cam Analyzer V40-CamCard" on The Card. Nice

Pretty Cool Piece of Americana in my Book

I in all my years have never heard of them. Lot of Stuff I have never heard of like everyone else, but, find the Old HP Parts Cool and spend too much time looking back on Hot Rodding.

Anyways with the Camshaft shortage this gem plus lifters, springs ect., sat on my list for over a month it seem's because it was interesting on Four or Five fronts.

The Grind as Well as the old Boxes and The Brand.

The Grind is different then most we see now. Tight LSA at 107. Small Split on duration. Not alotta lift for a SFT.

Well it just sold and (not to me) and two of the interesting (fronts) or point's are known. Price and Want/Need.

I guess another one is someone liked the Grind Profile or was Willing to give it A Go.

I Won't Even Mention (That won't work I just did) it was Pre Broken In and It Survived with It's Lifters in (Big "Ass/umption" on my part that The Front of The Box is Marked) Order.

BIG Plus

Anyways it's another dead Monday around Here and I Thought it was Worth Shareing.

Price Sold: US$250.00+$45.00 Shipping SFT Springs Lifters and Spring Cup's.

336/331.5 Adv. Duration .050" Duration 267.5/269.4/.635"/.631"  Lash.014"/.016" 107.1 LSA

.9 Degree Retard Ground IN For A 108 ICL Straight Up with Old Keyway Pre 1972 Timing Gear.

FreeBay will Vaporize This Link in X Time so Enjoy until Then Cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374872989860?hash=item57482be0a4:g:LpIAAOSwNuFkzGQ1&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4G5Dzkr5ZA6rfOuojM8BcZgBCx4BkS45eAbUXhWMh3hIca4u6slMtdQeeJJ9EVIu2HcO4bNHzwh4CgzP%2FnABN1KsBSDbQdII1gbrQnnu9OGN%2FN11WsZLzveQKtlNTIMxgIVLV6FskID6njH0mf0xGd4Qie%2B%2B6D0aI7WG27YpN2HYCFgisrVl1EeSsuh89m%2BhPeIlF%2FGgY5SC6OUDy7HhAPyC6JEYrgyary5EZw2oRSmbXHK8HOhkDdDR7ybd%2BPwjbURpbCszaNg%2FssLrclN10gM3IaGeyCw0Gz54ArSVhBZO%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR4CsnKzVYg

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 September 19th 2023, 2:03 am

Not Recommending This Cam To The OP either. Just Saying is All Neutral  

Just Pointing Out Some of The Price Gouging I am Seeing Going on in The HP Parts World Now.

It's Rough Out There for Our Sport/Hobby Right Now for the Non Heeled and Non Sponsored Racers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175697328903

^CompCams #34-243-5 Extreme Energy 4X4 HFT Camshaft Only 429/460 US$322.07!!!

It's a Real Close Verson of The Old SVO A443 and on a 111LSA instead of 112. The Edelbrock Performer RPM Cam is Like the 108 LSA Version of Them. The Original I believe may have been a CraneCams?

https://www.ragtop50.com/data/85.pdf

It's all The BBF Camshafts and Other Parts and Even Other V8's.

What RM said about the Popular Parts getting Caught Up First in the Beginning of this Thread seems to be holding on the BBC stuff in the Summit Link I put in here. Hopefully the BBF gets some Loving soon Too. Smile

I would say it's a good time to snag any deals now and NOS Them for Later Racing/Builds ect. but, That's Me.Cool

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket parts availibility - what the hell? Empty Sealed Power HFT Lifters New in Box $76.44 Free Shipping

Post  supervel45 October 30th 2023, 12:25 am

HECO EN MEXICO {Made IN MEXICO}

Ford 302 {221} to 460 CID V8

10 Sets of 4 Available for $19.11 for 4 Lifters. FREE SHIPPING

BUY 3 $17.96====$71.84 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I REALLY SHOULD JUST BUY THEM OUT! You will Not Find Them Cheaper ANYWHERE. Cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126082324681

Just Passing It Along for Anybody In Need of Non Chine Junky Lifters Wink

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 6th 2023, 8:36 am

So TFS is Not Even Going to List The 460 Ford Mafia Intake Anymore?

https://www.trickflow.com/search/department/induction/make/ford/engine-size/7-0l-429?N=4294961397%2B4294965880%2B4294964639

If Anyone Wants a A460 Tunnel Ram Now's The Time.

Summit Showed Out of Stock Night Before Last after I Posed Them as Available Again.

Yesterday They Revised Their Add (Summit Racing on FleeBay) To One(1) Left in Stock.

I Think TFS's Website Showing Two(2) Might Be Slow Updating Question Rolling Eyes

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy December 6th 2023, 10:55 am

supervel45 wrote:Lazar Company Valve Train.

Custom Cam Grinder Out of Cuba Mo. The "Show Me" State with Stubborn Mules Wink

^Op's Edit That... My Bad... Machine Shop it Appears and "Cam Analyzer V40-CamCard" on The Card. Nice

Pretty Cool Piece of Americana in my Book

I in all my years have never heard of them. Lot of Stuff I have never heard of like everyone else, but, find the Old HP Parts Cool and spend too much time looking back on Hot Rodding.

Anyways with the Camshaft shortage this gem plus lifters, springs ect., sat on my list for over a month it seem's because it was interesting on Four or Five fronts.

The Grind as Well as the old Boxes and The Brand.

The Grind is different then most we see now. Tight LSA at 107. Small Split on duration. Not alotta lift for a SFT.

Well it just sold and (not to me) and two of the interesting (fronts) or point's are known. Price and Want/Need.

I guess another one is someone liked the Grind Profile or was Willing to give it A Go.

I Won't Even Mention (That won't work I just did) it was Pre Broken In and It Survived with It's Lifters in (Big "Ass/umption" on my part that The Front of The Box is Marked) Order.

BIG Plus

Anyways it's another dead Monday around Here and I Thought it was Worth Shareing.

Price Sold: US$250.00+$45.00 Shipping SFT Springs Lifters and Spring Cup's.

336/331.5 Adv. Duration .050" Duration 267.5/269.4/.635"/.631"  Lash.014"/.016" 107.1 LSA

.9 Degree Retard Ground IN For A 108 ICL Straight Up with Old Keyway Pre 1972 Timing Gear.

FreeBay will Vaporize This Link in X Time so Enjoy until Then Cool

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374872989860?hash=item57482be0a4:g:LpIAAOSwNuFkzGQ1&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4G5Dzkr5ZA6rfOuojM8BcZgBCx4BkS45eAbUXhWMh3hIca4u6slMtdQeeJJ9EVIu2HcO4bNHzwh4CgzP%2FnABN1KsBSDbQdII1gbrQnnu9OGN%2FN11WsZLzveQKtlNTIMxgIVLV6FskID6njH0mf0xGd4Qie%2B%2B6D0aI7WG27YpN2HYCFgisrVl1EeSsuh89m%2BhPeIlF%2FGgY5SC6OUDy7HhAPyC6JEYrgyary5EZw2oRSmbXHK8HOhkDdDR7ybd%2BPwjbURpbCszaNg%2FssLrclN10gM3IaGeyCw0Gz54ArSVhBZO%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR4CsnKzVYg

That is Dave McClain who was/is a member here but, hasn't posted on here in a long time.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 December 6th 2023, 2:16 pm

Oh, OK.

The Guy Selling Them Said he Bought Wes's Truck and has another Custom Cam for sale. He mentioned Dave and Blake. I Don't think it was the same company though, on the Other Cam he is selling.

You headed over to MO in Feb., Randy? Sounds Like a Fun Getaway, Wish it was not so Far from Here.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down