BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AJE Fox body Powerglide trans crossmember.

3 posters

Go down

AJE Fox body Powerglide trans crossmember. Empty AJE Fox body Powerglide trans crossmember.

Post  jbozzelle August 23rd 2010, 7:48 pm

Anybody here use one in a BBF/glide combo? How far back did it allow you to place the engine? Just wondering it they were made for a SBF combo and would stick a BBF too far forward. I don't want to buy one if it's not going to work out for me.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

AJE Fox body Powerglide trans crossmember. Empty Re: AJE Fox body Powerglide trans crossmember.

Post  richter69 August 23rd 2010, 8:03 pm

you got a front motor and a mid plate in there?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

AJE Fox body Powerglide trans crossmember. Empty Re: AJE Fox body Powerglide trans crossmember.

Post  jbozzelle August 23rd 2010, 8:23 pm

Yeah. The midplate is .125 steel. Front plate is .250 aluminum. You saying I should just let it hang?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T August 23rd 2010, 8:50 pm

place your motor were you want it then put the aje transmission mount on the transmission.you will have to make some tabs from the trans mount over to the sub frame connectors and weld them in.i looked for pictures of mie but i dont have any.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 23rd 2010, 9:29 pm

jbozzelle wrote:Yeah. The midplate is .125 steel. Front plate is .250 aluminum. You saying I should just let it hang?

Mine hangs.......sorta..........the travel limiters bolt where the mount goes and run back to the loop.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 23rd 2010, 9:44 pm

The only thing about letting it hang is that the whole deal is hanging by those damn 5/16ths bolts that hold the bell to the case... I could do like Larry said and just make a small crossmember to help hold the back up.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 23rd 2010, 10:25 pm

If you start workin up the numbers on how much each bolt can hold etc clamping forces and whatnot you would be shocked on how strong it is..................If you do a mount make sure its a stock rubber deal.........it wont hurt to be there but then again its just extra weight.............mines been in there 2 seasons and it aint fell out yet.................and its goin' right back in there with the new motor.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down