BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What rate springs are you BBF guys running up front on a BBF Fox body?

+4
bigblok2000ranger
TravisRice
whatbumper
jbozzelle
8 posters

Go down

What rate springs are you BBF guys running up front on a BBF Fox body? Empty What rate springs are you BBF guys running up front on a BBF Fox body?

Post  jbozzelle November 13th 2010, 10:04 pm

I've got some 14" 175lbs up there now and with most of the mock done I have the adjusters bottomed out and still can't get the car down in the nose enough to make it look good?

Is the 14" spring too long? Should I try a 12" Or should I try a set of 150lbs springs?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

What rate springs are you BBF guys running up front on a BBF Fox body? Empty Re: What rate springs are you BBF guys running up front on a BBF Fox body?

Post  whatbumper November 13th 2010, 10:32 pm

12 inch springs

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

What rate springs are you BBF guys running up front on a BBF Fox body? Empty Re: What rate springs are you BBF guys running up front on a BBF Fox body?

Post  TravisRice November 13th 2010, 10:42 pm

Watch just putting the 12" springs on a 14" shock. You may get the ride height you need but run out
of compression distance also.

JMO.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger November 13th 2010, 10:46 pm

Don't change them until after it is driven a couple weeks as they may settle to where you want the ride height.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper November 13th 2010, 11:07 pm

Just how low are you trying to go?

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF November 14th 2010, 1:07 am

jbozzelle wrote:I've got some 14" 175lbs up there now and with most of the mock done I have the adjusters bottomed out and still can't get the car down in the nose enough to make it look good?

Is the 14" spring too long? Should I try a 12" Or should I try a set of 150lbs springs?

can you take a picture and let us see how the car is sitting?? I'm going through the same thing!!
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno November 14th 2010, 6:56 am

150 at 14"

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn November 14th 2010, 7:35 am

14"@ 135lbs.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 14th 2010, 2:03 pm

I didn't take any pics before I took it all apart to give the oil pan to a friend so he could make a local race. I'll have it all mocked up again in the next week or two.

Maybe I'll just need to swap to a softer spring. It compresses a little with what I had mocked up, but not enough. The problem I have is I'll need to remove the springs just to get it at the "desired" ride height when I get the engine/trans installed and all lined up with the pinion to weld in the plate mounts.

I'm currently running a 165/15 tire up front with a 32x14 out back. I'd like the front low enough to have the top of the tire inside (above) the top of the fender opening. Maybe almost have the top of the wheel even with the top of the fener opening. But I think the headers will keep me from achieving this.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Big block fox 339 November 14th 2010, 9:13 pm

Heck I can almost sit mine on the ground with 14" 175 but I'm all iron
Big block fox 339
Big block fox 339

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper November 14th 2010, 10:32 pm

jbozzelle wrote:I didn't take any pics before I took it all apart to give the oil pan to a friend so he could make a local race. I'll have it all mocked up again in the next week or two.

Maybe I'll just need to swap to a softer spring. It compresses a little with what I had mocked up, but not enough. The problem I have is I'll need to remove the springs just to get it at the "desired" ride height when I get the engine/trans installed and all lined up with the pinion to weld in the plate mounts.

I'm currently running a 165/15 tire up front with a 32x14 out back. I'd like the front low enough to have the top of the tire inside (above) the top of the fender opening. Maybe almost have the top of the wheel even with the top of the fener opening. But I think the headers will keep me from achieving this.

this is my car with two different setups. the first picture is a nitrous sbf and the headers are about 2inches from the ground and the second is how it is set up now. These are both with the same springs QA1 14" 175lbs and stock spindles. and we can go plenty more lower if we want
What rate springs are you BBF guys running up front on a BBF Fox body? Penwel11
What rate springs are you BBF guys running up front on a BBF Fox body? Dsc_1011

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 15th 2010, 5:23 pm

I'd like mine to be that low or maybe a tad lower. Myheaders are up against the floor so I don't think that will be my limiting factor...

I should have the space in the shop next week to mock up again. I'll get this updated with some pics when I do.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper November 15th 2010, 5:28 pm

jbozzelle wrote:I'd like mine to be that low or maybe a tad lower. Myheaders are up against the floor so I don't think that will be my limiting factor...

I should have the space in the shop next week to mock up again. I'll get this updated with some pics when I do.

on the first picture we had the floor hammered with a large sledge to fit the headers up more and they were against the body pretty tight. that was 4 inch headers though. they received a custom flat rubber coated bottom after a few missed suspension tunes. Cool

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 15th 2010, 6:21 pm

I have a feeling I'm going to need to cut the floor and fab some pieces to cover the collectors before it's all said and done with mine. I'd rather have them tight then hanging low though...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down