BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done??

+26
bosshoss
dfree383
BOSS 429
DFI429
stang93mustang
Mark Miller
bruno
wild pony
black xw
DILLIGASDAVE
665 falcon
429 Powered 84
342g
the Coug
fe50stang
lghting94
bbf-falcon
badnotch
jones
72mav
whitefield
whatbumper
'65 T-BOLT
richter69
cool40
JT557
30 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done?? - Page 5 Empty Re: DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done??

Post  dfree383 January 13th 2011, 4:16 pm

do you listen at all?

THEY WILL ALL GET THE JOB DONE !!! ALL THE PRESENTED TRANSMISION WILL WORK....

@ 1100 hp None of them will live with all stock parts or as Junk yard transmissions, they all need upgrades and a fair amount of money put into them.

if you want a TH400 build one !!!!!! Talking in circles and justifying or asking others to justify what you realy think you want isn't getting it done......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done?? - Page 5 Empty Re: DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done??

Post  lghting94 January 13th 2011, 4:32 pm

At the power levels you are talking I bet you wouldn't be able to tell a difference on the amount of power the trans takes if you made passes with both in the same car. In my opinion with everything being rollerized now days in any transmission the power consumption of the transmission is seriously reduced from the "factory" numbers posted all over the net.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 13th 2011, 5:59 pm

I think you are inexperienced if you are worried about the "drag" at that power level. C6, TH400, or Glide. That's it. Pick one and go with it. MOST guys around here are going with glides or the Rossler Turboglide/400 to increase launch wheel speed and kill torque but any will work. For that power level a stock cased glide with a half assed gear set would work fine but so would some mild C6/TH400 builds. Just pick one.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 13th 2011, 7:02 pm

We need to set up a c4 vs turbo400 vs C6 vs PG race.......................who the fuck cares who made the g-damn tranny in the first place. And the "true blue ford" bullshit line give that a rest as well. I'll bet most "true blue ford" guys drive an F250 with an International diesel powering it down the road. Hell my torque converter started life as a Toyota, and considering how it works I damn sure aint replacing it because it aint a "true blue Ford" item.

Ya'll motherf-ckers can do what you want, I got my program in order.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt January 13th 2011, 7:23 pm

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done?? - Page 5 1sm452racing
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done?? - Page 5 Empty reply

Post  JT557 January 14th 2011, 7:36 am

whatbumper wrote:I think you are inexperienced if you are worried about the "drag" at that power level. C6, TH400, or Glide. That's it. Pick one and go with it. MOST guys around here are going with glides or the Rossler Turboglide/400 to increase launch wheel speed and kill torque but any will work. For that power level a stock cased glide with a half assed gear set would work fine but so would some mild C6/TH400 builds. Just pick one.
Yes i will admit that iam slightly inexpeienced , if i knew it all i would'nt have to ask such dumb questions ,but I will stand by this the only dumb question ,is the one that's never asked !!!! BUT, my inexperience is with this amount of power and like i said erlier YOU GUY'S HAVE BEEN THERE, I HAVE NOT.. just a guy tryin to make a good decision...that's all....but thanx for the encouragement...... Razz besides the concern on the "drag" is to attain optimum power from raw motor, instead of being a bottle baby and just jumping to nos,you see i'm old school with that shit, if you can't build a motor by the turn of the wrench and make it run good no#'s, without jumping to nitrus,Or usin a computor to dial in a fuel curve, then I feel you realy have'nt accomplished anything!! and that's just my opinion, no punt intended to all you nitrus runners!, but inevidably I will do the 250 shot of nos , so it is in the agenda, but not so fast need to feel everything out first.....and with that said I'm in the prosses of that decision and your part of that!!!!! scratch ... besides why are we all here ,to learn all we can and apply it to our situation...... scratch

Last edited by JT557 on January 14th 2011, 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done?? - Page 5 Empty reply

Post  JT557 January 14th 2011, 7:47 am

lghting94 wrote:At the power levels you are talking I bet you wouldn't be able to tell a difference on the amount of power the trans takes if you made passes with both in the same car. In my opinion with everything being rollerized now days in any transmission the power consumption of the transmission is seriously reduced from the "factory" numbers posted all over the net.
That's a really good piont, and that's why i question if the c4 could possibly handle that power if it's freshly built by a great tranny guy (notice i did'nt say good tranny guy) and I believe that someone knows how to make it live....without killin your pocketbook....but thanx for your comment......JT557............. Smile
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done?? - Page 5 Empty REply

Post  JT557 January 14th 2011, 7:54 am

dfree383 wrote:do you listen at all?

THEY WILL ALL GET THE JOB DONE !!! ALL THE PRESENTED TRANSMISION WILL WORK....

@ 1100 hp None of them will live with all stock parts or as Junk yard transmissions, they all need upgrades and a fair amount of money put into them.

if you want a TH400 build one !!!!!! Talking in circles and justifying or asking others to justify what you realy think you want isn't getting it done......
You know what your right also and no disagreement,at all....... scratch ....BUT, yeah i know no trans would live with stock parts , it would have to be hardened input shaft , beter bands and so forth.... I realized that when i bought the c4...... scratch

Last edited by JT557 on January 14th 2011, 12:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  JT557 January 14th 2011, 8:06 am

richter69 wrote:We need to set up a c4 vs turbo400 vs C6 vs PG race.......................who the fuck cares who made the g-damn tranny in the first place. And the "true blue ford" bullshit line give that a rest as well. I'll bet most "true blue ford" guys drive an F250 with an International diesel powering it down the road. Hell my torque converter started life as a Toyota, and considering how it works I damn sure aint replacing it because it aint a "true blue Ford" item.

Yeah" JON" we know you don't give a sh*t about anyone But the "FABIO" but a TOYOTA converter "come on" did ya have to go there??? Razz even I would'nt concider that, you dam japs ,that dam converter has got to be the size of a donut, holy crap.... in a race car???? lol!
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 14th 2011, 9:55 am

JT557 wrote:
richter69 wrote:We need to set up a c4 vs turbo400 vs C6 vs PG race.......................who the fuck cares who made the g-damn tranny in the first place. And the "true blue ford" bullshit line give that a rest as well. I'll bet most "true blue ford" guys drive an F250 with an International diesel powering it down the road. Hell my torque converter started life as a Toyota, and considering how it works I damn sure aint replacing it because it aint a "true blue Ford" item.

Yeah" JON" we know you don't give a sh*t about anyone But the "FABIO" but a TOYOTA converter "come on" did ya have to go there??? Razz even I would'nt concider that, you dam japs ,that dam converter has got to be the size of a donut, holy crap.... in a race car???? lol!

Now, you really need to do your research buddy. Most race converters start life as a toyota, or other small car converters. most parts in race converters are adapted stock pieces. yes some companies build race specific parts but they are mostly based on stock parts. Have you seen the size of a stock c4 or c6 converter and compared it to a race one?

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper January 14th 2011, 10:05 am

and yes, I know how to make naturally apsirated power but guy you're talking 800hp plus. you will not know the difference between these. BUILD FOR LONGETIVITY.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav January 14th 2011, 11:58 pm

What a waste of bandwidth......
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav January 14th 2011, 11:59 pm

What a waste of bandwidth...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Nick, lock this stupid-azz thread up!
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 15th 2011, 12:09 am

I see no reason for it to be locked.............. Wink

This place can spare a little bandwidth.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done?? - Page 5 Empty WOW

Post  JT557 January 15th 2011, 12:41 am

72mav wrote:What a waste of bandwidth...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Nick, lock this stupid-azz thread up!
WOW man what was said so wrong that you would ask nick to lock this up , nobody said anything wrong, nobody is pissed off , and every one is giving their fair share of opinions ,and gettin along, how do people lern,or would you rather not help someone out and when they screw up,.. call them a dumbass, cause to me that's a little harsh,what is this site for???? is'nt this a place for feedback and comments , or are we suppose to just look at pictures, and know all . whats so wrong with me lernin a few things and findin out some facts that need to be deliberated,before i commit to a certain aspect of my build, I wonder if you had afew issues with your build that were hard to decide for you and you asked questions, did someone give you the stiff boot???? Suspect
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done?? - Page 5 Empty thanx

Post  JT557 January 15th 2011, 9:26 am

richter69 wrote:I see no reason for it to be locked.............. Wink

Thanx jon, ofcourse you know my comment was just to razz you, besides you always bust my b*lls, and that's needed from time to time, seems like people round theese parts like to cut off new guy's from lernin somethin, are they scared of givin away knowledge for some particular reason....????? Or do they not like comerodery????? HMMMM this is turnin out to be just plane bull sh*t!!!!!! Mad

Last edited by JT557 on January 15th 2011, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  342g January 15th 2011, 1:16 pm

JT557 wrote:

Thanx jon, ofcourse you know my comment was just to razz you, besides you always but my b*lls, and that's needed from time to time, seems like people round theese parts like to cut off new guy's from lernin somethin, are they scared of givin away knowledge for some particular reason....????? Or do they not like comerodery????? HMMMM this is turnin out to be just plane bull sh*t!!!!!! Mad

Don't let it bother you, just keep on keeping on,and Jon is a a+ know-it-all mo fo, but he is a good guy, and will help ya. RIGHT JON. Twisted Evil Laughing cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 15th 2011, 1:24 pm

Its hard work being a "perfect asshole".............. cheers
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  342g January 15th 2011, 1:43 pm

richter69 wrote:Its hard work being a "perfect asshole".............. cheers

YEA, you seem to be working hard at it, Twisted Evil got the other header tacked up yet? Razz Razz
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done?? - Page 5 Empty Thanx

Post  JT557 January 15th 2011, 5:30 pm

342g wrote:
JT557 wrote:

Thanx jon, ofcourse you know my comment was just to razz you, besides you always bust my b*lls, and that's needed from time to time, seems like people round theese parts like to cut off new guy's from lernin somethin, are they scared of givin away knowledge for some particular reason....????? Or do they not like comerodery????? HMMMM this is turnin out to be just plane bull sh*t!!!!!! Mad

Don't let it bother you, just keep on keeping on,and Jon is a a+ know-it-all mo fo, but he is a good guy, and will help ya. RIGHT JON. Twisted Evil Laughing cheers
Yeah i got to learned about jon , on the first day on the 460 forum ,he busted my a** then and still keepin on whitch is cool with me ya got to be good at somthin if it aint racin,, TeeHeeHee,,,, affraid lol! lol! lol!
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  JT557 January 15th 2011, 6:00 pm

342g wrote:
JT557 wrote:

JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 January 15th 2011, 10:32 pm

u can run a 400 with not much done at all for 600hp a good sprag trango level 3 shift kit good clutches a 4500 convertor i ran one home built for 3 years behind a 408 with a 250 hit of spray ran 9.70s I'm running a 700r4 behind a 472 with a coan adapter to chevy will work with a 400 u can use your flexplate and starter too just drill the flex to match 1 hole will line up u drill the other 2 then drill a hole 3/16" each side of the match one to balance it out put a blanket and rock
dragweek quickest street rod
2009 2010

quick 52

Back to top Go down

DO ya think a turbo 400 would have to have a lot of work done?? - Page 5 Empty cool

Post  JT557 January 16th 2011, 10:48 am

quick 52 wrote:u can run a 400 with not much done at all for 600hp a good sprag trango level 3 shift kit good clutches a 4500 convertor i ran one home built for 3 years behind a 408 with a 250 hit of spray ran 9.70s I'm running a 700r4 behind a 472 with a coan adapter to chevy will work with a 400 u can use your flexplate and starter too just drill the flex to match 1 hole will line up u drill the other 2 then drill a hole 3/16" each side of the match one to balance it out put a blanket and rock
dragweek quickest street rod
2009 2010
now for the one's that don't understand that most of you are expeirienced with trying out some of theese transmissions I'm looking into this thuroughly , and checking all my options i really apprciate all the feedback, and some day i will pay this forward when someone else needs help and i will have answers ,on that note,Quick 52:The home built trans, sounds like it was prtetty strong for 600 HP but I'm lookin at 800 pluss... the 700r4 whatis the max HP rating for that trans????? Question is'nt the 700r4 a 3 speed trans with over drive???
JT557
JT557

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 January 16th 2011, 12:30 pm

the 700r4 wont work behind 800hp i've hear builder say they can build one to hold and i have seen ls cars run bottom 9s and hi 8s with them in a camaro at 3700# that well into 800hp but i would go 400 for that much my 1952 f1 truck @ 3870# with 472 has 490 hp on motor by a mph calulator and i have hit it with a 100hp of nitrous 3 times at the track and lots on the street holding find

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav January 16th 2011, 1:03 pm

Yeah, just drop it in neautral at the stripe and see what happens. Goodbye sprags... Why _uck around, when a C6 will do it no problem. Dont have adapt anything.
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next