BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anybody make a c6 flexible locking dipstick ?

+3
Doug Rahn
Wheelie58
nuclearcobra
7 posters

Go down

Does anybody make a c6 flexible locking dipstick ? Empty Does anybody make a c6 flexible locking dipstick ?

Post  nuclearcobra April 24th 2011, 9:51 am

I been looking all over the net and cant find one they have them flexible but not locking,and havent seen a flexplate shield for the bb c6 with the notch in it for the filler tube thats why i'm am looking for a flexible one thats locks. What flexplate shields and locking dipsticks are you guys using for fox bodys with a 460/ c6 ?
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Does anybody make a c6 flexible locking dipstick ? Empty Re: Does anybody make a c6 flexible locking dipstick ?

Post  Wheelie58 April 24th 2011, 10:27 am

I thought that Lokar had one, but do not see it in their application chart.
Maybe you should just give them a call. I bet they can hook you up with something.

Lokar Performance Products
10924 Murdock Drive
Knoxville, TN 37932
865-966-2269

I just bought one of their locking race flexible sticks for the '58 (2-speed) and it looks and works nice.
Keith

Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Does anybody make a c6 flexible locking dipstick ? Empty Re: Does anybody make a c6 flexible locking dipstick ?

Post  nuclearcobra April 24th 2011, 10:52 am

Thanks Kieth i'll see what they say monday if they dont have one or its way to much i'll bend my tube to fit and mount it to the firewall ,i don't want to notch the shield and have it not pass tech which i don't know why it would'nt they sell them notched for chebbies but it clearly states you can't cut on them and it would be my luck i get a ford guy for a tech man that knows they don't sell them notched.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn April 24th 2011, 11:19 am

I had them make a custom engine dipstick for me once, I'm sure they'll do the same for a trans.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 24th 2011, 12:04 pm

Doug Rahn wrote:I had them make a custom engine dipstick for me once, I'm sure they'll do the same for a trans.

I just put a message out for Skip Walls, the owner of Lokar. I may not get a reply, because of it being Easter....but should know something soon.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 24th 2011, 12:59 pm

Wow thanks Kieth Very Happy
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 25th 2011, 4:19 pm

I called them they said its in the plans for one but at this time they don't have one for a c6.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust April 26th 2011, 3:54 am

What about a case fill C4 one , hole in the case is the same or i think even some of the GM ones are same hole size.

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 26th 2011, 4:11 am

Thanks i'll look into that but i'll be able to use the one i had seeing how i took the air bodysaw to the firewall and trans tunnel lastnite Twisted Evil now everything fits Very Happy i just have to make another removable trans tunnel for it.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 26th 2011, 6:12 am

nuclearcobra wrote:I called them they said its in the plans for one but at this time they don't have one for a c6.

Good deal. I will still let their "big boss" know that he should push the C-6 part through the development system, and could have sold one!
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 26th 2011, 8:19 pm

He would sell a ton of them.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 April 26th 2011, 8:30 pm

I have been thinking about making one for mind.Here how I am thinking about doing it bend a c out of some 16 gauge metal cut a notch to fit around the dip stick tube and add some treaded rod for the closest pan bolt.Take 3 nuts 1 to hold the pan tight and the other 3 for tighing the c down to hold the tube in. Think that would work I am going to try to make one if I ever get cought up.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 26th 2011, 8:40 pm

I don't know why they sell flexplate shields for chebbies with a notch for the trans tube but they don't notch them for a c6.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Copperhead June 21st 2011, 8:50 am

Lokar now has a locking dipstick for the C-6 transmissions. Smile

Part # 1211544

It's not listed on their website, but it is indeed a good part #.
Mine came in yesterday. Very Happy

You can either contact them directly for ordering, or source it out through a distributor (which is what I did)
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LOK-1211544/

If you order it direct, you might get it a day or two sooner,......but you'll pay about $30 more. Summit/Jegs can drop ship from the manufacture and it'll save you a few bucks.

Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra June 21st 2011, 11:52 am

Awesome thanks it is flexible right ?
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Does anybody make a c6 flexible locking dipstick ? Empty Cheap locking dipstick

Post  AlkyPinto June 21st 2011, 11:53 am

If you are using an OEM style metal tube buy a TCI #743865.
Its for a GM trans and comes with a locking dispstick and tube.
The new locking dipstick is way longer then a Ford. So throw
the tube away and cut the dipstick to length to the one you
are currently using in your Ford tranny. Just lay them side by
side and use a file to scripe the fill lines to match as well. Top
of the new dipstick has a rubber piece that expands when the
lever if flipped over and locks the stick in the top of the tube.
Its a NHRA & IHRA accepted piece and only costs about $20.

Be aware, that the locking ones from Lokar require
removing the pan to install them and cost $100 or so.

Rich
AlkyPinto
AlkyPinto

http://www.RichKentRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra June 22nd 2011, 8:08 am

I was planing to hit the junkyard and pull a dipstick from a gm and cut it to length when i found out nobody makes one for a c6.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down