BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what ford head is comperable to the chevy big chief

+18
bruno
the Coug
bigblok2000ranger
rmcomprandy
Gary Blair
Oakley Motorsports
DILLIGASDAVE
David Cole
Lem Evans
bbf-falcon
Barney
strokedmyford
richter69
QtrWarrior
Curt
schmitty
res0rli9
badcoupe
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

what ford head is comperable to the chevy big chief - Page 2 Empty Re: what ford head is comperable to the chevy big chief

Post  rmcomprandy December 25th 2011, 12:44 pm

Phillip is axactly correct...
Last summer I re-did a 632 Chevrolet with 14 degree Big Chief "Olds" heads; they were simply shined-up.
The engine broke a lifter wheel so it needed a new camshaft as well and looked like a hand grenade went off in the bottom end. Of course, cheap guy that he is, replace as few parts as possible and barber/massage what I could to save as much as possible.
It was a wet sump which had a sheet metal intake and two Dominators without a vacuum pump When I was finished on the dyno it made 1163 horsepower. The engine's owner vehemently voiced his displeasure because that engine made 1225 horsepower before I touched it. He paid me but, proceeded MFing me all over the area for week.
The next weekend in almost 100 degree heat, the car went almost 3 tenths faster than it had ever gone; now with almost 70 less horsepower yet now the guy won't even talk to me because, I am guessing, he is to embarrassed over what happened last summer.
Matter of fact, we saw one another at one Detroit engine shop's Christmas party a week ago. I kept trying to work my way around to where he was however, he would purposely get to the other side of the shop.

Not only do some Chevrolet people lie about horsepower ... they are cowards too.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

what ford head is comperable to the chevy big chief - Page 2 Empty Re: what ford head is comperable to the chevy big chief

Post  richter69 December 25th 2011, 1:06 pm

WE DON'T USE CHEVY DYNO NUMBERS....................... Razz
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 25th 2011, 1:27 pm

badcoupe wrote:
richter69 wrote:Whats the 632 run at the track?

with a 29.5x10.5w it went 8.20 @3300#,s n/a

Is it just me does this seem a little (alot) off?
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 25th 2011, 1:29 pm

what mph?
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 25th 2011, 1:52 pm

Pro Comps...... sorry I had to do it..... just for you Jon

Merry Christmas
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  badcoupe December 25th 2011, 2:11 pm

aint off cars a nova with a 25.5 and all steel with a bbc ,my car is 3370#,s with a bbf all steel but hood and deck lid

badcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 25th 2011, 2:21 pm

Gerry if you want have someone build you an 1200 hp chevy 283 and put ford logo on the valve covers then they will think you have a ford, Sh*t Most Chevy guys wouldn't know the differnece anyways.....and besides it will bolt right up to your t400 without a adaptor
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  badcoupe December 25th 2011, 4:21 pm

Why do I bother coug you are an ass if you don't have something constructive to say on my threads then go bother someone else.if I want a chevy id buy a Chevy

badcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 25th 2011, 4:48 pm

badcoupe wrote:Why do I bother coug you are an ass if you don't have something constructive to say on my threads then go bother someone else.if I want a chevy id buy a Chevy

You are the DUMB SOB wanting to wine about teh chevy guys why can't I make mine do this WELL you have to be smarter than a fence post to do that.....you have had ever guy on here telling you it is what they want to hear same with you noone has given you the answer you want so you keep asking till some tells you what you want.............

you changed your name cuz you were an A$$ last time you can't change the spots on a lepard as we can't make you understand the truth so think what you want, you are the genius in your own mind......you and your brother Les are still Idiots no matter how you look at it....so accept it and go on.....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 25th 2011, 5:14 pm

the Coug wrote:
badcoupe wrote:Why do I bother coug you are an ass if you don't have something constructive to say on my threads then go bother someone else.if I want a chevy id buy a Chevy

You are the DUMB SOB wanting to wine about teh chevy guys why can't I make mine do this WELL you have to be smarter than a fence post to do that.....you have had ever guy on here telling you it is what they want to hear same with you noone has given you the answer you want so you keep asking till some tells you what you want.............

you changed your name cuz you were an A$$ last time you can't change the spots on a lepard as we can't make you understand the truth so think what you want, you are the genius in your own mind......you and your brother Les are still Idiots no matter how you look at it....so accept it and go on.....

Randy take a deep breath , go give your wife a hug and doo some fishing at the lake house ....merry christmas yall ...it sure does bring the best out drunken drunken

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  badcoupe December 25th 2011, 5:40 pm

like i said if you dont have anything to say nice go to someone else and bother them -i was asking a freaking ? and got the answers i wanted
,we all cant be a freaking smart as you ....i forgot my screenname pass word jack if its any of your business

badcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 25th 2011, 5:48 pm

Coug will eat that ass out over the internet.....even on xmas day........ Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 25th 2011, 6:12 pm

Coug don't discriminate because of a holiday. Laughing
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 25th 2011, 6:42 pm

He is an equal opportunity offender! rendeer
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 25th 2011, 9:50 pm

Merry Christmas Coug....... santa

Jerry...... Get you a Dyno, It would be cheaper for you to race that way...... Rolling Eyes
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 25th 2011, 10:38 pm

I am sorry Bruno but I have low tolerance of People like Gerry who's Dumber than a Bushel basket of rocks, a shoe box of broken door knobs and harder headed than a Bodark fence post...

it is Christmas so everyone have a great day
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  STR-LGL-70 December 25th 2011, 11:08 pm

Actually, I think this is a good thread,
I have 3 friends w/bbc low 8 second cars; one has been high 7's but only once or twice. BUT, this is with spray,(all 3 cars) not on motor alone. KY's mustang on here has been what? 8.2 on motor with P-51's? His car may possibly be lighter. I realize there are a lot of variables, weight diffs, etc. More info is one is 68 camaro, either 598 or 605 w/big chief heads, single dom, round tube, 4 link, etc. This one has been in the 7's; I've seen 8.2 or so. Another is 75 nova, 572 w/afr heads, not sure which ones, same night he went a 8.15. Third is around 80 camaro w/632 & I think canfield heads went I believe 8.23 same night/conditions. Once again all of these are hi comp around 14-15.1, misc fiberglass parts and lexan. All are 2 speed w/brakes.
Just something to think about/compare.
STR-LGL-70
STR-LGL-70

Back to top Go down

Post  badcoupe December 26th 2011, 9:16 am

the Coug wrote:I am sorry Bruno but I have low tolerance of People like Gerry who's Dumber than a Bushel basket of rocks, a shoe box of broken door knobs and harder headed than a Bodark fence post...

it is Christmas so everyone have a great day

like said before jackly you dont like my ?,s dont respond to my post -i cam back on this site with a different attitude and trying to be cool-but jerks like you -that suposively know everything make it tough and anytime you wanna settle this we could always set up a match race at the bash and settle whos so smart -best 2 out of 3 cheers i know how fast my car is do you cheers

badcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 26th 2011, 11:10 am

Do you know anything at all about how fast the Coug is? Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  badcoupe December 26th 2011, 11:16 am

Unless its a dragster or light weight race car not worried I'm pretty fast my self on 10.5 tires , he seems to think everyone stupid but him self

badcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 26th 2011, 11:18 am

Even if you were to beat Randy in a race, or kick his azz, or flame him on the net, how does that make you smarter, or better?
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  badcoupe December 26th 2011, 11:21 am

Ain't no fighting he feels I'm so stupid what better way to prove a good old grudge

badcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 26th 2011, 11:24 am

good thread , i would like to add my .02 , i raced a 70ish malibu when i took my car out last and it had a 632 on 3 guns and he was just running one small kit is what he said and he ran a 38 to my 40 , but the funny thing is he said he was stock suspension ......... ok .... so i look under the rear and it was a back half deal ......ok so i ask i thought you said you were stock suspension ...hell yeah im am see right there all stock ....dumb azz was pointing to his front shocks and springs ....chevy guys

i can usure that a max ported c-head deal will keep up with the chiefs

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  jc10000rpm December 26th 2011, 11:25 am

i would like to see some good info on this thread, discussing the merrits of the current ford and or aftermarket offerings that are available, what are the ford "big boys" running and how do they match up

jc10000rpm

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 26th 2011, 11:26 am

bruno wrote:

i can usure that a max ported c-head deal will keep up with the chiefs

You can what???????????????????? drunken
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next