BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Cylinder Head Debate...........

+11
the Coug
jaysstang
Filucky
Lem Evans
rmcomprandy
G-Code
boss56
TravisRice
Tennessee Bullitt
bruno
dfree383
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Great Cylinder Head Debate........... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Great Cylinder Head Debate...........

Post  dfree383 August 5th 2010, 5:06 am

Man id love the put the proper cam in that and get the lift, duration and lobe center just right!! Man those would make some power!!!! Shocked Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

The Great Cylinder Head Debate........... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Great Cylinder Head Debate...........

Post  the Coug August 5th 2010, 7:59 am

Ok you are right beautiful lady and yes they look like 34 DD Very Happy

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Filucky August 5th 2010, 9:20 am

Thanks guys, its a lot of work trying to convince her that i'm the only guy that would love her with that big a$$. Laughing
Filucky
Filucky

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 5th 2010, 9:27 am

Filucky wrote:The Great Cylinder Head Debate........... - Page 2 NONphotoshoot439

And she loves BBF's almost as much as me. Very Happy

Big Breasted Female's ...

oh and btw can we get back on topic please Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans August 5th 2010, 10:37 am

Filucky,

Instead of me shipping you these new cylinder heads (read heavy), and ported & welded intake manifold (read heavy), I think it would just be cheaper for you to send her up here to Kentucky to pick them up in person. Very Happy Laughing How about that great idea Question Plus I'll be glad to take her out to dinner Exclamation Cool

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Filucky August 5th 2010, 10:52 am

c.evans wrote:Filucky,

Instead of me shipping you these new cylinder heads (read heavy), and ported & welded intake manifold (read heavy), I think it would just be cheaper for you to send her up here to Kentucky to pick them up in person. Very Happy Laughing How about that great idea Question Plus I'll be glad to take her out to dinner Exclamation Cool

Uncle Charlie

Thats just plain ol' nice of ya Charlie. Laughing
Filucky
Filucky

Back to top Go down

Post  Filucky August 5th 2010, 10:57 am

OK, the P51's have very good mid range CFM numbers, very close to the A460's, so how would they compair with the same lift cam on a mild (10.5:1) pump gas deal? Say .650-.700 lift, would the raised ports give the A460's an advantage?
Filucky
Filucky

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 5th 2010, 11:01 am

or would the boss heads kick the crap out of both of them....... Hummmmm.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans August 5th 2010, 1:50 pm

Guys,

I may have confused the issue some in the past, but essentially I've been saying that these P-51 heads run better than they have a right to. Nowhere did I ever say they would run better than a set of equally prepared A-460 heads. Let me settle the debate once and for all,,,,,a good friend of mine, Confucius Lem put it in a nutshell when he said; "He who raises the port the highest wins." Meaning that at the end of the day, the A-460 heads will make more power than either the P-51 heads or the stock entry Kaase Hemi heads.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with either of the Kaase heads, in fact I own two sets of P-51 heads, however Jon's own self-imposed restraint on these heads was to use the stock factory intake manifold gaskets. Therefore, while he was tempted to raise the ports, he didn't.

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 5th 2010, 1:54 pm

Charlie, in that statment have you considered that the Hemi head is essentialy a raised port? you may also want to add "Yee who tilts the valve in the right direction also achieves much too"...... Laughing

I'm thinking a raised port P-51 needs to be build along with a nice single 4 and a tunnel ram..... Twisted Evil
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 5th 2010, 3:47 pm

A more up to date valve package [P51 or CHI cleveland kind of deal] would be super killer i.m.o. in the A460 casting. Not that the A460 stuff isn't good already .....just that there is always something to be improved on.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH August 5th 2010, 9:27 pm

it;s possible to raise the ports on the intake side and still use the current manifolds .

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 5th 2010, 9:31 pm

Yes it is..... Maybe add some china wall spacer's....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  138 August 5th 2010, 9:33 pm

Lem Evans wrote:A more up to date valve package [P51 or CHI cleveland kind of deal] would be super killer i.m.o. in the A460 casting. Not that the A460 stuff isn't good already .....just that there is always something to be improved on.

cost increase over stock equipped A460?

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 5th 2010, 9:44 pm

No way to know.....tfs or someone would have to produce one. Modifying an excisting head would be too many $s i.m.o.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans August 5th 2010, 9:47 pm

dfree383 wrote:Charlie, in that statment have you considered that the Hemi head is essentialy a raised port? you may also want to add "Yee who tilts the valve in the right direction also achieves much too"...... Laughing

I'm thinking a raised port P-51 needs to be build along with a nice single 4 and a tunnel ram..... Twisted Evil

Yes Dave, I have considered the Hemi heads seat position and valve incline angle. I realize that if we incline the valve towards the manifold, as in the Hemi head, we have helped reduce the "turn" in the port. In essence that's what Chevy did with their 23* & 26* production heads. However, we still have to turn the air in the chamber, in order for it to go down the cylinder (tumble), as the piston is descending. No doubt, the Hemi chamber does a better job of doing that than the Chevy wedge chambers. Either way you cut it, we have to turn the air about 90* when coming from the intake manifold's runners. However, most all of the current modern V-8 heads are standing the valve up straighter, like the C-460's 7.5* and 8* incline angles, and if you remember a lot of Jeff Jones's SB Chevy heads on display at the Winter Tech Seminar had the ports raised a bunch and the valves standing up straighter. We see that same trend in the current Pro Stock heads as well.

Uncle Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  138 August 5th 2010, 9:49 pm

Lem Evans wrote:No way to know.....tfs or someone would have to produce one. Modifying an excisting head would be too many $s i.m.o.

oh I thought you were reffering to the valves and spring package... silent

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 5th 2010, 9:51 pm

Valve position , angles etc.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2