BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rumor is.......

+54
jeffgfg
D. Sea
YellowStangDuane
nitrous.f
dutchman
nuclearcobra
droppedf100
LovesDemCubes
IDT-572
jcoxracing
KY JELLY
blown473
dr's wife racing
schmitty
NO FAIR
Larry T
whitefield
maverick
f250mike
4thHorseman
ThndrChkn
stangr8cr
Doug Rahn
jonboyusmc
BigBlockRanger
85bigblockfox
jbozzelle
5pointslow
the Coug
blown86hallet
GTmustang
jasonf
bigblok2000ranger
1970 ford maverick
DJStang
bird of prey
Dave C.
70FB
bruno
QtrWarrior
56Tbird
NOS42
69F100
dfree383
cool40
yellowhorse7
61coon
John Myrick
Curt
bbf-falcon
Barney
racnrick
Lem Evans
richter69
58 posters

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

rumor is....... - Page 8 Empty Re: rumor is.......

Post  richter69 June 22nd 2013, 11:45 pm

jonboyusmc wrote:I just caught this show flipping channels. Its amusing at best. Fastest street cars in the contry.......get real. I got a 980 horse street legal SN95 that could eat half that list. $500 wouldn't even get her off the trailer.

this made me lol
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney June 22nd 2013, 11:55 pm

I was thinking 980 would be what's for dinner pretty handily. 7 second capable for the big boys is probly the card you'd have to play.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 23rd 2013, 12:01 am

the farmtruck is only on there because hes the farmtruck.

varley's gold car wont take much either that guy is behind the times..... hes got new build goin on and ive tried to make suggestions but hes hard headed lol . hell i think he threw that car back togetherjust for the show, he was a force to rekon with back in the 90s.... problem is hes still stuck there.

the rest of the cars are bottom 5's and the top 4 or 5 are in the 4's
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 23rd 2013, 12:12 am

richter69 wrote:the farmtruck is only on there because hes the farmtruck.

varley's gold car wont take much either that guy is behind the times..... hes got new build goin on and ive tried to make suggestions but hes hard headed lol . hell i think he threw that car back togetherjust for the show, he was a force to rekon with back in the 90s.... problem is hes still stuck there.

the rest of the cars are bottom 5's and the top 4 or 5 are in the 4's

AND............all this has to go down on a public street.i learned a long time ago how easy it is to make a real fast car look bad on the street.Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney June 23rd 2013, 12:14 am

Yeah I figured the camaro, nova, dart, and s10 were legit. Its hard tobmake a season long show out of 4 guys. Farm truckbis a novelty. Varneys car will be faster with the son driving. I'm not trying to downplay the show. Just a point of view and perspective.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 23rd 2013, 12:28 am

Its all good lol
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn June 23rd 2013, 6:18 am

I’ve watched a couple of episodes and it certainly looks scripted to me. Those guys may be street racers, but on this show it’s all setup. Off camera I’m sure they participate in plenty of illegal street racing. The race that they show just at the end of each episode happens in the same place every time. If it hadn’t been setup by the Discovery Channel, everyone one of them would be in jail. With video evidence like that, Law Enforcement and Prosecutors would have no problem convicting them and confiscating their cars, trailers, and tow vehicles. It happens all the time on YouTube where some idiot was dumb enough to post a video of his illegal activity or crime!

What really surprises me is that the Discovery Channel would promote something like this. They may announce disclaimers and “Don’t try this at home kids” all they want, but at some point it’s going to get somebody killed trying to act out the show.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 June 23rd 2013, 7:57 am

street racing is old as dirt...its always been dangerous, and risks will always taken.....guys that do it, love it.....guys that don't, usually talk salty....fact is it will always happen....TV show or not
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 23rd 2013, 9:26 am

I'm willing to bet, that same stretch of road is an airport access / frontage  road, even possibly a taxiway, judging by the road markings.

That would explain the "pit setup" and the ability to run for "3 hours" without worry..

Grandpa... I'd be careful out your way.. Street racing going on ,LONG before show aired..
   Like last night even...Shocked
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 23rd 2013, 9:34 am

QtrWarrior wrote:I'm willing to bet, that same stretch of road is an airport access / frontage  road, even possibly a taxiway, judging by the road markings.

That would explain the "pit setup" and the ability to run for "3 hours" without worry..

Grandpa... I'd be careful out your way.. Street racing going on ,LONG before show aired..

Say it isn't so.........Suspect Street racing in America?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  stangr8cr June 23rd 2013, 10:04 am

I street raced just yesterday, I'll set the scene for you. It was a warm and humid 92 degrees and the sun was shining bright. There I was lined up with a little Honda civic, me in my 8k pound Superduty brick............. Awe screw the fluffy stuff, I busted his ass, he'll probably think twice before he tries that shit again. Tuned with stock exhaust makes it the silent killer!! We raced for smile. Razz Just so I can say I talked about the subject, I've watched the show so far and like Barney and Jon have said. People who know can tell who's got what and the multiple camera angles and added sounds are a bit far fetched but whatever, we know what's real and what's not.

Boo Boo
stangr8cr
stangr8cr
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 23rd 2013, 10:10 am

Doug Rahn wrote:I’ve watched a couple of episodes and it certainly looks scripted to me. Those guys may be street racers, but on this show it’s all setup. Off camera I’m sure they participate in plenty of illegal street racing. The race that they show just at the end of each episode happens in the same place every time. If it hadn’t been setup by the Discovery Channel, everyone one of them would be in jail. With video evidence like that, Law Enforcement and Prosecutors would have no problem convicting them and confiscating their cars, trailers, and tow vehicles. It happens all the time on YouTube where some idiot was dumb enough to post a video of his illegal activity or crime!

What really surprises me is that the Discovery Channel would promote something like this. They may announce disclaimers and “Don’t try this at home kids” all they want, but at some point it’s going to get somebody killed trying to act out the show.

this makes me lol also...... "has to be scripted" again shows that you assume to much.

richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 23rd 2013, 10:15 am

Id also like to see who here has never raced on the street at one time, I mean there may be a few that have only raced at a track but Ill be willing to bet most if not all of us has done it atone point.

Then show is meant for entertainment, I guess if you dont like it then the new series "naked and affraid" may be more your speed.......
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 23rd 2013, 10:17 am

dfree383 wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:I'm willing to bet, that same stretch of road is an airport access / frontage  road, even possibly a taxiway, judging by the road markings.

Say it isn't so.........Suspect Street racing in America?

I know hard to believe ain't it  ??Laughing

I can't hate on street racers though.. Once upon a time, I was one...
But, that was before our area "grew up".. way too populated to do it now...
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 23rd 2013, 10:23 am

I gave it up when they opened Thunder Valley, Ill tell ya if all the dragstrips close down guess what??? lol
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 23rd 2013, 10:29 am

richter69 wrote:I gave it up when they opened Thunder Valley, Ill tell ya if all the dragstrips close down guess what??? lol

I haven't engaged in any excessive display of speed on the streets since I was a young and dumb teenager........What a Face That I'll admit too...... Twisted Evil
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 June 23rd 2013, 10:35 am

Just good to read that there are some realists still on this site...

Who wants to travel to NY, so we can bust some ass....lmao...vroom vroom
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 23rd 2013, 12:34 pm

I'm still dumb i guess.....it aint been too long ago i had a local guy with an AMX of all things that had to be put in his place Cool another bad ass s-10 with a sbc was on my "list" for a date with my farm truck but his meth business got him a new place to live Laughing aint many folks left in my area to pick on Crying or Very sad

Last edited by cool40 on June 23rd 2013, 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 23rd 2013, 12:34 pm

I kinda made up my mind and laughed when one of the racers said he was headed for the top,and I paused the dvr and seen that he was running a 4150 carb. I don't think so. But,its reality TV,what more can we expect. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jonboyusmc June 23rd 2013, 2:10 pm

Oh that 980 horse is all motor,it also has a 350 horse shot in the trunk. 1,330 horse that I can get groceries in and not raise eyebrow from the cops. I also didn't say I could take out the whole list, but I'm pretty sure that bottom 5 would be well in my league. The whole fastest cars in the country is what sets me of. I've been around street racing for almost 40 years,and the fastest street cars I've ever witnessed were in Chicago and its suburbs. Those boys would eat that list up. I'll still watch though. It unfortunately is gonna cause problems though. Another black eye for dragracing.

jonboyusmc

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 June 23rd 2013, 2:19 pm

I have a K&N filter in my ride.....
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  jonboyusmc June 23rd 2013, 3:23 pm

NOS42 wrote:I have a K&N filter in my ride.....
And my dad can beat up your dad. Grow up. You want to run it then bring your cash.

jonboyusmc

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn June 23rd 2013, 4:06 pm

richter69 wrote:
Doug Rahn wrote:I’ve watched a couple of episodes and it certainly looks scripted to me. Those guys may be street racers, but on this show it’s all setup. Off camera I’m sure they participate in plenty of illegal street racing. The race that they show just at the end of each episode happens in the same place every time. If it hadn’t been setup by the Discovery Channel, everyone one of them would be in jail. With video evidence like that, Law Enforcement and Prosecutors would have no problem convicting them and confiscating their cars, trailers, and tow vehicles. It happens all the time on YouTube where some idiot was dumb enough to post a video of his illegal activity or crime!

this makes me lol also...... "has to be scripted" again shows that you assume to much.

Okay Fabio, maybe scripted is the wrong word, how about Staged. I'm glad I could put a smile on your heRo face.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 23rd 2013, 5:01 pm

Doug Rahn wrote:
richter69 wrote:

Okay Fabio, maybe scripted is the wrong word, how about Staged. I'm glad I could put a smile on your heRo face.

only thing staged us some of the bs drama, and some of the cop scenes and blocked off shooting locations. all races went down unscripted and unstaged.........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 23rd 2013, 5:09 pm

jonboyusmc wrote:Oh that 980 horse is all motor,it also has a 350 horse shot in the trunk. 1,330 horse that I can get groceries in and not raise eyebrow from the cops. I also didn't say I could take out the whole list, but I'm pretty sure that bottom 5 would be well in my league. The whole fastest cars in the country is what sets me of. I've been around street racing for almost 40 years,and the fastest street cars I've ever witnessed were in Chicago and its suburbs. Those boys would eat that list up. I'll still watch though. It unfortunately is gonna cause problems though. Another black eye for dragracing.

only problems caused is the growing list of internet badasses that thinks the okc boys are a bunch of fake slowtards.......

give chief a call im sure he can set you up with someone and not for chump change either.......

if your worried about cops there are lots of legal no prep races at the track, hell Id be glad to sit beside you at one of those if youd like? I dont have a 350 shot of nawwwz though.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next