BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear ended follies

2 posters

Go down

Rear ended follies Empty Rear ended follies

Post  Rickybobby85 January 23rd 2015, 9:07 pm

Well the time has come to build the rear end in my fox. I was assured when I bought the car it was originally a 4 banger. The title says it was a 6 cyl. However, from looking at the rear end I'm about 98% sure someone has gone before me and done the 8.8 swap. That being said the brake t fitting on the rear is in the same place as the 7.5 4 cyl cars junction for single exhaust. It's on the passengers side vent tube. See picture.

https://s1301.photobucket.com/user/466fox/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfwzrtxci.jpg.html

So am i to assume this is a byproduct of swapping the 7.5 for the 8.8 or am I looking at something completely wonky here? Want to be sure what I'm working with before I buy the spool, axles, eliminators, and bracing.   Opinions? And thanks in advance!

Rickybobby85

Back to top Go down

Rear ended follies Empty Re: Rear ended follies

Post  Rickybobby85 January 23rd 2015, 9:09 pm

A better one of the cover for assurance.

https://s1301.photobucket.com/user/466fox/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsbvvs3atk.jpg.html

Rickybobby85

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky January 23rd 2015, 9:45 pm

Yup, looks like an 8.8. They probably just swapped the brake lines over when the swapped out the 7.5".

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  Rickybobby85 January 23rd 2015, 10:05 pm

Mustang-junky wrote:Yup, looks like an 8.8.  They probably just swapped the brake lines over when the swapped out the 7.5".

Jess

Thanks, Jess. That was my thought as well but I wanted to be sure. The way my luck runs I half expected someone to chime in with something like "well that's a ford 8.375 rear end! Only made for 2 months of production until they fired ed off the powertrain line!" Lol. Thanks for the help amigo.

Jeremy

Rickybobby85

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down