BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

front end limiters?

3 posters

Go down

front end limiters? Empty front end limiters?

Post  63boxtop November 21st 2009, 8:24 pm

how does one determine if there a need and how much would you want to limit it too, pics or a source would be appreciated, sorry for the newbie ? looking at getting the best weight transfer on the galaxie and am going to throw some small block springs in the front and look at these limiters

rick

63boxtop

Back to top Go down

front end limiters? Empty Re: front end limiters?

Post  Jeff Chandler November 22nd 2009, 10:12 am

Hey Rick,
I'll give you my opinion on limiters, I'm no expert at all but I've run limiters on everything I have raced and it's been a very useful aid. I only want enough travel to keep the front wheels from bouncing off the ground going down the track, that's the tightest I will usually run. Having limiters is just another tuning piece for the chassis and the bonus is you can help your reaction times by limiting the travel on the front.
I'm actually making a set that you can adjust with quick release pins, that way you can make quick adjustments in the staging lanes without crawling under your car.
Jeff Chandler
Jeff Chandler

http://www.crc2.net

Back to top Go down

Post  feetfirst November 22nd 2009, 10:53 am

63boxtop wrote:how does one determine if there a need and how much would you want to limit it too, pics or a source would be appreciated, sorry for the newbie ? looking at getting the best weight transfer on the galaxie and am going to throw some small block springs in the front and look at these limiters

rick

Its a product/combination of hp, weight of car, and front/rear weight bias, that will determine the need/use of limiters.
If the car is wheelie prone, they are a must, but to use them on a car that doesn/t transfer well, they will only make it worse......
Personally I have never noticed a difference in reaction time with/without limiters....but I could be an exception... Very Happy
feetfirst
feetfirst

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down