BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chassis setup books

3 posters

Go down

Chassis setup books Empty Chassis setup books

Post  2 wicked March 8th 2021, 11:14 pm

Along with building a new engine for my sons mud drag / bog truck. We decided to build a new chassis. Starting with a early 80s 2 wheel drive Ranger. Target weight is between 3200/3600#. 9 in rear leaf spring ladder bar out back. Dana 44 hi pinion coil spring radius arm up front. We have to use stock style suspension, to stay in the class rules. So my question is, what chassis books or info is out there to help get this new chassis built as good as possible? Thanks cory

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Chassis setup books Empty Re: Chassis setup books

Post  dfree383 March 9th 2021, 7:25 am

I’ve never seen a Mud truck Chassis book???

Their are quite a few drag chassis books, I’d guess some of the same principals apply.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  2 wicked March 9th 2021, 12:56 pm

I've seen a few of those chassis tech books, I know there won't be any for mud racing. Just wondering which chassis tech book I should get. I think drag racing on asphalt and dirt/mud same principals would apply. On our first chassis I just setup rear and front suspension by the seat of my pants. It worked ok for 800 HP but the new build should be around 1000 plus a 250 shot. Just want to build a chassis that will harness the power. Thanks cory

2 wicked

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 March 10th 2021, 8:24 am

The Rick Jones book is pretty good for tuning and setup guide. But there is very ittle info on the building and fabrication side.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down