BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about offset grinding my crank, want info plz

4 posters

Go down

Thinking about offset grinding my crank, want info plz Empty Thinking about offset grinding my crank, want info plz

Post  torkair December 28th 2009, 8:26 pm

I would like to get my 460 crank ground to a 4" stroke but am unsure how to go about doing this and what rods I might need. Any info you guys can give me would be great!!!
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Thinking about offset grinding my crank, want info plz Empty Re: Thinking about offset grinding my crank, want info plz

Post  the Coug December 29th 2009, 9:32 am

it can be done I had one done, and it is still running . But I will say it will be Cheaper to just buy you a new Crank. I think mine cost $450 and that was over 12 or so years ago....you can buy you a 4.15 4.3 or a 4.5 cast for about $400 now a days...

JMHO
Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Thinking about offset grinding my crank, want info plz Empty Re: Thinking about offset grinding my crank, want info plz

Post  DanH December 29th 2009, 11:29 am

X2 on what Randy said. 4 inch stroke to meet a cube limit/class , BBC or BB mopar rods could be used

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty December 29th 2009, 11:39 am

I think most of the major piston manufacturers are making shelf pistons for the common stoker cranks, but to do a 4" crank will take a set of custom pistons. Custom=$$$$. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 29th 2009, 12:01 pm

for a 4" crank I used a 6.535 rod and a stock 460 pin height piston and it came out right just order it with .990 pin or have your rods bored out to 1.040

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down