BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ons a stroker with 2.2-2.4 oil clearance and 3 on main will a stock volume pump with a HV spring work ok?

3 posters

Go down

Ons a stroker with 2.2-2.4 oil clearance and 3 on main will a stock volume pump with a HV spring work ok? Empty Ons a stroker with 2.2-2.4 oil clearance and 3 on main will a stock volume pump with a HV spring work ok?

Post  ED468 December 7th 2022, 4:24 am

I got pretty good on guessing on a 351w the pump i needed., Since street car want maximum life with bronze gear, got oil mod done to block. Last time 1o yrs ago had to add extra quart to pan to have a chance cruising at 3000 rpms, might be that I leveled motor and doesn run as easy to rear drains. I trying for like 30/40 at lower rpms to save wear and 70 at higher RPMS with HV spring saved. Might restrict pushrods a bit, but not too much want oil to cool springs, only last effort if pan empties to fast. got Canton Foxbody pan , older type with 7 quart and canton windage screen type . Worked good on 4,14 crank, hope its fine on 4.3 stroke. Going to close of opposite side of pump area in pan so doesnt hold as much oil. Set engine at about 2 degree up hill should help also, like to run 10/30 or 15/40 to save some load on gear. Doing this on 351ws pressure would jump to max as fast as you hit the gas, loose converter will help that lol.Weekend cruise and some grocery getting when main car is down lol. Ran 92 octane with 12 to one with 180 psi and it loved it, ran high 5s with now signs of detinating =. no cap walk/fretting, got mildon caps help, going to keep eye on main webs justin case, ran motor 7500 to 8000 do to wheel stands and afraidto shit in air oe coming down hard. 1.25 60 ft. Back to pump, with playing with oil thickness does this seem doable on a 460 and there pump? think i, going to due last oil system mod and enlarge main passage from bump to block 9/16? might slightly open pump up some if it looks like it could use it and check clearance, new dont mean good. I also going to lengthen  rear oil dam/plate to help keep it low on leave. also going to brace pump and its a rear sump which help brace pump some, using main studs too. Does this sound doable on a 460 oiling and its standard pump. Like to take to track once a yr, andt est and tune to get some time slips. Mostly want to go to car stuff and be around other Hotrodders. Have pay a friend to put engine in for me, because of disease in neck, mighth have to go to power steering to drive Sad. All well have to have a Goal or Ill die in bed.

Last edited by ED468 on December 25th 2022, 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

ED468

Back to top Go down

Ons a stroker with 2.2-2.4 oil clearance and 3 on main will a stock volume pump with a HV spring work ok? Empty Re: Ons a stroker with 2.2-2.4 oil clearance and 3 on main will a stock volume pump with a HV spring work ok?

Post  BBFTorino December 7th 2022, 2:12 pm

You should have Justin Case do all the oil mods! Very Happy

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Ons a stroker with 2.2-2.4 oil clearance and 3 on main will a stock volume pump with a HV spring work ok? Empty Re: Ons a stroker with 2.2-2.4 oil clearance and 3 on main will a stock volume pump with a HV spring work ok?

Post  Dave De December 7th 2022, 4:10 pm

Your clearance is on the tight side but even if it was 3 thousandths a standard volume pump should be fine. Considering the tighter clearances you should probably use thinner oil than 20w-50. 10w-40 or a blend with 10w-30 would be more appropriate.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down