BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mod Motor to BBF Question

2 posters

Go down

Mod Motor to BBF Question Empty Mod Motor to BBF Question

Post  Stangman98 January 26th 2010, 3:18 am

Here's one for ya that I am trying to figure out. Has anyone swapped a BBF into a mod motor powered mustang and RETAINED the hydroboost system? If so, how did you mount the hydroboost pump?
Stangman98
Stangman98

http://www.racestangs.org

Back to top Go down

Mod Motor to BBF Question Empty Re: Mod Motor to BBF Question

Post  O-Deuce Coupe March 4th 2010, 10:54 am

I've wondered this myself. Thing is, not alot of people have swapped mod-cars yet. The way I see it you could go the motor plate route and just fab one simple gusseted L-bracket to mount it to the plate itself. Then run 6-rib serpentine pulleys on everything else. It's a damn good system which is why I'd like to keep it. You can run any cam you want and still have perfect power brakes and power steering (not to mention it would clear the valve cover like a champ.) From seeing guys that delete hydroboost on mod-cars the hp gain is very minimal if any at all, so it doesn't rob but a tiny bit of power anyway. The only thing is the added weight of the system but hey, you are looking at a BBF swap so what's the difference. Since my car will see the occasional parking lot meet-up I'm keeping it.

O-Deuce Coupe

Back to top Go down