BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dove A Heads build-up costs

3 posters

Go down

Dove A Heads build-up costs Empty Dove A Heads build-up costs

Post  O-Deuce Coupe March 17th 2010, 8:48 pm

I was thinking about buying a set of Dove-A heads I found and I was wondering about how much one normally puts into stock Doves to get them ready to go. They are well used heads and I'm sure they'll need everything. Guestimates would be great. If I decided to go with the irons I'd port them per Mad Porter's instructions. I'm planning a 4.5 stroke combo using a solid flat cam and pump gas, hoping for 500-550hp range. Weighing my options for heads on my budget.

O-Deuce Coupe

Back to top Go down

Dove A Heads build-up costs Empty Re: Dove A Heads build-up costs

Post  dfree383 March 23rd 2010, 8:35 pm

If they need "everything" might be better to consider a set of new scj's. Pricings pretty attractive right now and they will out flow a ported set if doves.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Baitshop March 23rd 2010, 9:20 pm

I have over $1000 in my DOVE's. Ferrea stainless 2.25/1.76, bronze guides, springs, hardened exhaust seats, keepers, retainers. I did the port work myself. I would have went with TFS streets or SCJ/P51 if I would have known the total outlay involved with the iron. I'm proud of the power my iron heads make, but smart money would be on the aftermarket aluminum.

-Jared

Baitshop

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down