BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What,,,,? No wheelie bars

+19
nuclearcobra
schmitty
NOS42
Doug Rahn
dr's wife racing
bb429power
Lem Evans
richter69
342g
56Tbird
jones
bbf-falcon
dfree383
bruno
ThndrChkn
cool40
Tony M
Curt
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

What,,,,?   No wheelie bars - Page 4 Empty Re: What,,,,? No wheelie bars

Post  whatbumper October 29th 2010, 2:46 pm

richter69 wrote:
whatbumper wrote:
Curt wrote:Thanks Jones,,,

Now back to safety, they wont let them run whellie bars, but *rha make us wear a -15 suit for going 7.49. Whats up with that Question

they say that wheelie bars are NOT safety devices. I guess when your car flips down track the -15 fire suit will keep you from burning up.

we only run a -5 suit but wear the nomex underwear(which puts our suit up to a TPP value of 34) which is almost a -10 spec) and now have upgraded to the better gloves, shoes, head sock, and a Safety Solutions Hybrid neck restraint along with our 10lb fire system.

If the classes are not going to let us run wheelie bars then we are going to prepare ourselves. We also would like to run Lexan in the side windows at least for safety reasons but that was laughed at too.

ITS GOTTA BE A STREET CAR DAMMIT!!!!!! Laughing Honestly if you dont drive it to the track then it aint no streetcar................so lose the bullshit rules IMO.

Come on now. We could very easily drive ours anywhere (well if I put our small radiator back on). Heck we drive it around on 93 octane when not at the races anyway to help clean out the Q16. Did you guys ever see the video of Dan Millen driving to Burger King to get a "burger and coke"?

But honestly you are right Jon. These aren't street cars, just pretend to be. Our car couldn't run an NHRA event if we tried with the water tank in the trunk. No engine cooling behind the firewall.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  PROSTREET66 October 29th 2010, 2:47 pm

I just hope that one of these Wheelie Kings doesn't take out one of our BBF Brothers on this site ,because they are to fuckin stupid to lift out of it and save it for another run.And junior,how about some pics of some of those Milfie teachers Tits at your school,while your just goofing off.Put that damn phone to some good use!!!T&A Justin ,T&A.............
PROSTREET66
PROSTREET66

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 29th 2010, 3:12 pm

PROSTREET66 wrote:I just hope that one of these Wheelie Kings doesn't take out one of our BBF Brothers on this site ,because they are to fuckin stupid to lift out of it and save it for another run.And junior,how about some pics of some of those Milfie teachers Tits at your school,while your just goofing off.Put that damn phone to some good use!!!T&A Justin ,T&A.............
man my teacher freshmen year was hot and had a huge chest, dang. I don't think I could get a picture without getting in trouble. Im working on the t&a.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 29th 2010, 4:27 pm

Before too many more of you comment about some of these guys lifting... I have a question, Have you been this fast? I have and know that sometimes stuff happens very quickly. Am I saying that it is never the drivers fault, NO, but sometimes these wrecks happen and I hear fans say, "should have lifted". That can not always happen fast enough.

That is why the safety rules are in place and why the NHRA should get off their high horse and mandate wheelie bars at a certain speed in the 1/4 mile AND 1/8 mile. I know that our trap speed is pretty high for the 1/8th but most of the safety rules only have the 1/4 mile stuff covered. We will run at two 1/4 mile races in 2011 and really don't look forward to it but the payout is high and quality cars will be there.

I like 1/8th mile racing but am not against 1/4 mile. Around here though almost everything is 1/8th. What I am saying is that the safety rules need to address both. Like at (a recent race)""edited"", the tech inspector made a big deal because we had a factory firewall grommet in place and there was a hole showing. No big deal we were going to rivet some metal in and he says don't worry about it. He told us to put a piece of duct tape over it. But then we started to drive around and look at some of the cars in our class and some only had sportsman certs running 5.teens.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 29th 2010, 4:39 pm

Good way to put it, and you really don't know how your going to act in that situation until you actually have to go through it. You might blank out and your brain just leaves the building, or you could lift and still crash since it was already in the process of happening. Or possibly you could save your butt because your on top of your game like you should be.

Point is, you never know. There might be a good reason behind it, who knows? Maybe the throttle stuck, you don't know until afterwards and even then there might be pieces of the puzzle missing.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  017stosh October 29th 2010, 5:10 pm

justin
you need to put that new phone to work. find those hot teachers.
What,,,,?   No wheelie bars - Page 4 Boobs10

stosh

017stosh

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 29th 2010, 5:20 pm

Take that off before it gets moved to the B&G! Calm down man, I'll get the pictures.Laughing By the way, you missed the end of my race. Joe showed up and saw like the last two passes I made, that was a good feeling being told I did great by him. I went by the trailer and revved it up too. Laughing ad to make a victory lap in the pits. Smile

You just keep singing to the Ace of Spades 'ight? Razz
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 29th 2010, 5:57 pm

whatbumper wrote:Before too many more of you comment about some of these guys lifting... I have a question, Have you been this fast? I have and know that sometimes stuff happens very quickly. Am I saying that it is never the drivers fault, NO, but sometimes these wrecks happen and I hear fans say, "should have lifted". That can not always happen fast enough.

That is why the safety rules are in place and why the NHRA should get off their high horse and mandate wheelie bars at a certain speed in the 1/4 mile AND 1/8 mile. I know that our trap speed is pretty high for the 1/8th but most of the safety rules only have the 1/4 mile stuff covered. We will run at two 1/4 mile races in 2011 and really don't look forward to it but the payout is high and quality cars will be there.

I like 1/8th mile racing but am not against 1/4 mile. Around here though almost everything is 1/8th. What I am saying is that the safety rules need to address both. Like at (a recent race)""edited"", the tech inspector made a big deal because we had a factory firewall grommet in place and there was a hole showing. No big deal we were going to rivet some metal in and he says don't worry about it. He told us to put a piece of duct tape over it. But then we started to drive around and look at some of the cars in our class and some only had sportsman certs running 5.teens.

I agree 100% Saftey 1st, ALWAYS!!! I've never once blamed it solely on the driver's. I've never been that fast, but know alot of guys around here that do it all the time, and you're right, alot of these wrecks just happen so fast that all you can do is grab the wheel, say your prayers, and hang on for the ride. But there are still those that WILL NOT LIFT, and would rather wreck it than lose it. There's a couple guys here like that, and NOBODY will line up with them, not even during time trials. To me, NO race is worth winning to where I'll end up wrecking. If I feel it wiggle, or slip the tires, I peddle it, and if it don't shape up, I'm out of it.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 29th 2010, 6:38 pm

we had guys laugh at Josh, driver, for pulling the chute at half track in the 1/8th mile when he got out of shape because of a car that had a small stream of water coming out that we didn't see down track. Pulled the chute, straightened the car out and stopped. got out threw the chute on the wing like he always does and drove back to the trailer. this was during qualifying. after winning the race that night, we laughed at them. Laughing

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 29th 2010, 6:39 pm

whatbumper wrote:we had guys laugh at Josh, driver, for pulling the chute at half track in the 1/8th mile when he got out of shape because of a car that had a small stream of water coming out that we didn't see down track. Pulled the chute, straightened the car out and stopped. got out threw the chute on the wing like he always does and drove back to the trailer. this was during qualifying. after winning the race that night, we laughed at them. Laughing
People are stupid...HAHA! What an azz.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing October 31st 2010, 10:12 pm

Very Glad Dennis didnt get hurt ( seriously). I think he did go to the hospital for sliught injury, just not sure what that was,

Dennis and Derrick Bailey are friends of mine from Southhaven MS. They run BB and T speedshop there. Great guys and hard workers. Back a few yrs ago they bought Pto Block machine shop in Memphis and re opened it in their speed shop. Derrick is a first class machinist and has helped build many racer's engines around the Mid south.

They've been building this car for a while, skinny kid chassis, BBF. I think it had Thor heads on it, I saw the motor under construction. They are HUGE Blue Oval guys.

They were going to pick up the chassis over a yr ago when I was down visiting so its been a long time build for these guys it wasnt a gift from a rich dad.

These guys have been racing small tire outlaw Fords for as long as I can remember. And they are good at it.

jsracing

http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  jones November 1st 2010, 12:08 am

This was one of their first outings with a 565cu chevy, they had been running a 427 Ford all year up til now. I had read that he had some type of shoulder problem.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing November 1st 2010, 11:19 am

wow alot happened since I was gone. never thought they'd jump ship. Last i saw was the big 700 inch thor head motor under construction.....

hate to see the bowtie swap. I'll have to give them a call.

JS

jsracing

http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4