BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motor Setup

+2
bruno
Tennessee Bullitt
6 posters

Go down

Motor Setup Empty Motor Setup

Post  Tennessee Bullitt February 7th 2011, 9:02 am

Well it been a while but I am finaly back and ready to race this year. I've got a couple of questions I would like your feed back on. I only worked with the big block as much as I could last year but I have gotten some good results. Thanks to all of you who gave me pointers at Bowling Green. I came back to ohio valley and was able to pick up some ET and MPH. Here is the run down, I set my shifter at 6500 rpms and left the line at 2000 rpms.

60' 1.43
1/8 6.56
MPH 105

That was my last pass and the fastest. It was picking up the whole night, and that is .5 tenths faster than my best at BG. WHich I was shifting at 7,000 rpms and leaving at 2400 rpms [ which is all I could get footbraking. ]

60' 1.53
1/8 6.61
MPH 103

This was my best there. I am changing my cam a little and Lem and me settled on adding 4 degrees to the intake and 10 degrees to my exhaust at .050. We also added 1 degree extra to the LSA. I want to be able to run some N2O for grudge matches but mainly I I would like to get more top end pull with out falling off on motor. I have also worked over my Weiand tunnel ram per C. Evans guide lines. When I would run it like I did at BG the car would only do 6.70's up here. I guess it is the difference in elevation. Aside of bracket racing I am going to do a bunch of 6.50 index racing. I am doing more stiffing on the rear to use my transbrake as well. I am curious to see how it will work. I have a 4200 stall. I was also told by PTC that changing from a 4:10 gear to a 3:73 gear should change my stall by 200 to 300 rpms. 2700 FB and stall to 4500 rpms.

The nitrous is going to be a fogger setup and just a enough to be happy. Not a big shot 150 to 200 absolute max. I want the fogger because I want it to be precise for me to tune without any worries. I havent been running my motor to any extremes just in a good safe zone with timing and such. Thanks for the tips on that Blake. I wanted to do more before this season but as life throws crap at you, take it and move on.

I wanted to throw the setup out to ya and get some feed back to see what ideas you all have for me.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Motor Setup Empty Re: Motor Setup

Post  bruno February 9th 2011, 8:12 am

what is your detailed build sheet ......cu ", cam , heads, comp. etc ......

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt February 9th 2011, 10:12 am

521 cu in
scat forged crank and rods, probe srs pistons,
scj heads worked over by me a little
weiand tunnel ram thats been ported by me per C. Evans guidlines. I just did this this winter
2 holley 4160 750 cfm carbs, built for my motor with all the trick parts
d&d fox swap 2 1/8 headders
the compression is 13.35
ptc built 10" converter 4200 stall
built c6 with a frank merkel special valve body with transbrake

old cam was a comp flat tappet built by Lem
260/268 @.050 .643/.669 lift 109 lsa set back to 106

new cam is a flat tappet built by Lem
264/278 @ .050 110 lsa not sure yet on lift or where he will tell me to set it.

Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 9th 2011, 10:31 am

Same suggestion as last year, Single 1250 Dominator on a new TFS manifold.

Next big mods I'd suggest would be a full boogie port job and a roller cam, if your budget allows.

If your going to spray it better talk with your convertor guy and lighten up on the gears, 3,50:1 maybe?

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt February 9th 2011, 10:51 am

I was going to do a full port job on the heads but I was unable to due to loosing my job so I am only able to do a few things right now. I like my flat tappets and I am not ready to do a all out race car. If I had a big carb donated I would do the TFS manifold but I can't flip all the money right now. Besides when these wanna be race cars are out and about they tend to get a little nervous when they see that huge manifold in their rear view mirror. Sad to say I have made more chey friends than ford friends... Very Happy
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  John Myrick February 9th 2011, 1:52 pm

Tennessee Bullitt wrote: Sad to say I have made more chey friends than ford friends... Very Happy

You really should be ashamed of yourself Evil or Very Mad Laughing Laughing
John Myrick
John Myrick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt February 9th 2011, 2:25 pm

ironic isn't it to have more trouble from fords. Oh well I think with all this new stuff out they think it's the best thing. A shelby is nice but I don't think they will quite scare my big block. What a Face

Mabe I need the great Fabio to hang around here for a little while, god help us all... lol!
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 9th 2011, 3:30 pm

cheers
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf February 10th 2011, 9:50 am

I seen your car at BG last fall and that is a cool "old skool" looking car with the tunnel ram hanging out there. Like everyone else around here you just need to keep picking away at it.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt February 10th 2011, 10:49 am

I am going to. With all the help I have gotten from all you guys on here I just about got it perfected. When I said I made chevy friends is very true. A lot of bracket guys running big block chevys with solid rollers running 5.90's to 6.30's like my car with what it is, what it does and how it looks. Running 6.50's and having 50 to 1 miles on the street vs trips down the track says a lot. I know everyone can't help their self when it comes to the old school look. I am painting the car myself now, doing a rattle can in the old hot rod flat black look. It is looking real sweet.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down