BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner reloading

+8
res0rli9
hillbillyerv
stangr8cr
f250mike
ThndrChkn
dfree383
schmitty
jones
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Beginner reloading - Page 2 Empty Re: Beginner reloading

Post  the Coug February 17th 2011, 9:40 pm

jones wrote:I like the Ruger Black Hawk series, I just haven't bought one. The only revolver I had had problems with was an old 22. If you stood to the right of the gun a small sliver of lead would sheer off the bullet and hit you. It was just wore out and time to be retired.

cylinder timing out of sync... seen it many times, or to much head space....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 17th 2011, 9:44 pm

I think I want to go on a bear hunt in alaska or go over to Tx and bag a big buck.

Some of you are from Tx. How much does one of those guided big buck deer hunts cost?

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 17th 2011, 10:09 pm

jones wrote:I think I want to go on a bear hunt in alaska or go over to Tx and bag a big buck.

Some of you are from Tx. How much does one of those guided big buck deer hunts cost?

there was a guy in south Tx helping ranch cull some deer, shot the wrong deer (throphy Buck) found out it was a $14000 dollar mistake pale I have never payed for hunting deer, besides I have never wanted a big Throphy just something else to dust....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 17th 2011, 10:29 pm

jones wrote:I like the Ruger Black Hawk series, I just haven't bought one. The only revolver I had had problems with was an old 22. If you stood to the right of the gun a small sliver of lead would sheer off the bullet and hit you. It was just wore out and time to be retired.

Beginner reloading - Page 2 DSCF0794

Ruger, Super Blackhawk, .44mag...................its had some trigger work done......... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 18th 2011, 12:12 am

the Coug wrote:
jones wrote:I think I want to go on a bear hunt in alaska or go over to Tx and bag a big buck.

there was a guy in south Tx helping ranch cull some deer, shot the wrong deer (throphy Buck) found out it was a $14000 dollar mistake pale I have never payed for hunting deer, besides I have never wanted a big Throphy just something else to dust....

Wow,, I never would have imagined that.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  jones February 18th 2011, 12:18 am

richter69 wrote:

Beginner reloading - Page 2 DSCF0794

Ruger, Super Blackhawk, .44mag...................its had some trigger work done......... Wink

Nice, I just can't get use to that frame style. I just seem to recover on target quicker with the S&W.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 18th 2011, 9:11 am

jones wrote:
the Coug wrote:

Wow,, I never would have imagined that.

They Are Not Cheap Hunts....... Shocked Might be better to try Ontarion, Quebec or New foundland
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 18th 2011, 11:48 am

If you'e looking to hunt monster whitetails, then the best place(s) in North America would be Alberta, or Saskatchewan. Myself, I'd hunt for a big Mulie any day over a big whitetail. I'm not saying I wouldn't shoot a big whitetail buck, just that big mulies are more impressive to me. Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 18th 2011, 1:56 pm

Doug I use to know where there was a Big White Tail up in the Bob Marshal you would of loved....it was as big as an elk rack and body both..... but he was like 10 miles from the nearest road and didn't get that way from being stupid....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 18th 2011, 3:55 pm

Amen to that. I love to go in after 'em, but it's the packin' out part that gets harder as I get older. Laughing Laughing But hey, you gotta get 'em where they are. Wink
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 18th 2011, 3:58 pm

You don't need to go that far in to find big Buck...... You need to look around in some of the suburbs of some north eastern citys.... their are some hugh ones living in peoples back yards.....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 18th 2011, 4:53 pm

This is true Dave, in the case of the Mule Deer buck my son shot this year. He shot him in my mom's back yard, in a crowded subdivision. (Lots are about 1/2 acre or so)

This buck scored 171-3/8". He has 8 points on one side, and 6 on the other. Not bad for a suburban buck. Laughing O told him before he shot it, "Don't ever pass up an easy one, "cause you'll spend plenty of time gettin' the hard ones. Laughing Laughing
Beginner reloading - Page 2 Cid__1117101101
Beginner reloading - Page 2 Cid__1117101942a

This one that my daughter took this year, was only about 300-400 yds from a secondary highway. He scores 135".
Beginner reloading - Page 2 1126101456
Beginner reloading - Page 2 1126101455

Gee. It seems like I'm the one that "does" shoot them on the far side of the ridge. Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2