BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads per CI.

2 posters

Go down

Heads per CI. Empty Heads per CI.

Post  FORDMUD March 18th 2011, 1:34 pm

Are there "ideal" engine sizes for the different heads. Does the bore or stroke make more of a difference, or is it just the over all CI? If you wanted to do a 4.7 bore P51 deal, the 4.15 arms makes 576 and 4.3 makes 597. Is that too big to make power to about 7k? My heads have had some work around the valve. Flow 400. And is the huge bore really needed? When I build this it will be a max effort deal.
FORDMUD
FORDMUD

Back to top Go down

Heads per CI. Empty Re: Heads per CI.

Post  rmcomprandy March 18th 2011, 4:45 pm

FORDMUD wrote:Are there "ideal" engine sizes for the different heads. Does the bore or stroke make more of a difference, or is it just the over all CI? If you wanted to do a 4.7 bore P51 deal, the 4.15 arms makes 576 and 4.3 makes 597. Is that too big to make power to about 7k? My heads have had some work around the valve. Flow 400. And is the huge bore really needed? When I build this it will be a max effort deal.

Not for those heads ... some heads require a bore to be a minimum diameter to clear the valve heads and also not severely limit airflow in some instances.

Anything larger than 4.500" bore when using an SCJ or P-51 head doesn't seem to make any difference.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down