BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tested out the HD GO PRO on a 8 second camaro

+9
f250mike
Race Ready Fabrications
richter69
knrclark
77f150
bbf-falcon
56Tbird
cool40
psfracer
13 posters

Go down

Tested out the HD GO PRO on a 8 second camaro Empty Tested out the HD GO PRO on a 8 second camaro

Post  psfracer April 10th 2011, 11:04 am

Well first off, I can't wait until this camera is sitting on my car in a couple weeks.....

But there was a private track day and I threw this camera on a friends 8 second camaro. Its a big block chevy, n/a 850 flywheel horsepower, but only weighs 2800lbs with driver, so it was turning 8.94-8.98s.

In any case I put the camera on the front fender, rear quarter, back window, and roof. The front fender and roof gave the greatest sense of speed. The rear quarter is the best location to see wheel stands, and the back window was my favorite. Interesting to note, when I put it on the front fender, the camera was close to the exhaust, and you can see the screen get wavy from the heat.

The uploaded file to youtube is 1280X720--you can change it to that on the settings bar. The true HD 1920X1080 file looks great on the 50 inch flat screen TV. It did an awesome job.

In any case I think the video I edited came out pretty good. Next time it will be a BBF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxjzGscJRZo

psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Tested out the HD GO PRO on a 8 second camaro Empty Re: Tested out the HD GO PRO on a 8 second camaro

Post  cool40 April 10th 2011, 12:07 pm

Cool
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Tested out the HD GO PRO on a 8 second camaro Empty Re: Tested out the HD GO PRO on a 8 second camaro

Post  56Tbird April 10th 2011, 12:37 pm

Pretty cool, I like the one looking towards the back . Gives you a good idea of how fast that thing is getting out of the hole!!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 10th 2011, 5:21 pm

Very cool. I likey Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 April 10th 2011, 7:17 pm

Amazing video quality, how big a memory card did you use?
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

Tested out the HD GO PRO on a 8 second camaro Empty Camera

Post  knrclark April 10th 2011, 7:24 pm

I have one of these and have only used it for in car. I plan to take some video at the Bash. I can share if anyone is interested.

Kerry
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 April 10th 2011, 7:27 pm

Kerry,

I've seen quite a few videos and these seem the best deal for in car or mounted outside to work with the wind. Do you use any other software when downloading?
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 10th 2011, 8:07 pm

I gotta get one, my reg camcorder dont like to ride in my car lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 April 10th 2011, 9:08 pm

richter69 wrote:I gotta get one, my reg camcorder dont like to ride in my car lol.
m5 is the trouble. Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications April 10th 2011, 9:37 pm

I've been wanting one....now I gotta have one.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  psfracer April 10th 2011, 9:53 pm

I found an 8 GB car for about $20 is good enough. Get the faster memory card though (better download speeds).

Any basic editior will do so you can trim and merge the clips you want to delete unwanted footage--so you can get right to the action. That also keeps the file size down. I use Imovie on my Macbook with Final Cut Express---Final Cut Express is pretty expensive and you don't need it unless you want to do some serious editing.

Also keep in mind, if you shoot true HD (1920X1080) you need a relatively new computer with a fast processor---otherwise it won't play back right, freeze up, and take forever to render edited videos.

psfracer
psfracer

http://www.psfracer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike April 10th 2011, 10:47 pm

That HD model sure takes some nice videos.
If anyone wants to check the Go Pro cameras out, I seen a display of them at Best Buy a month or so ago.
f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Tested out the HD GO PRO on a 8 second camaro Empty camera

Post  knrclark April 10th 2011, 11:09 pm

77f150 wrote:Kerry,

I've seen quite a few videos and these seem the best deal for in car or mounted outside to work with the wind. Do you use any other software when downloading?

Nothing special. All the hook ups come with the camera. I use a laptop at the track and play video on my TV at home. Unlike PFSRACER I have not attempted any editing. It looks like he did a great job on this video.
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Tested out the HD GO PRO on a 8 second camaro Empty camera

Post  knrclark April 10th 2011, 11:12 pm

f250mike wrote:That HD model sure takes some nice videos.
If anyone wants to check the Go Pro cameras out, I seen a display of them at Best Buy a month or so ago.

Go PRO HD has a great web site. My wife got the camera several dollars cheaper on Amazon.com. The only issue I have had with the camera is recharging using the laptop. I'm working on getting a 110 charger.
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 11th 2011, 12:17 am

The Go Pro HD is a great camera.
I have one...and plan to buy 2 or 3 more to rent out to fellow racers at big multi-day events this summer.
I also have 3 Oregon Scientific sports cameras that are really nice and much cheaper than the Go Pro.
Here is a link to the Oregon ATC3K...now on sale for $100!
http://us.oregonscientific.com/cat-Action-Cams-sub-Waterproof-Action-Cameras-prod-ATC3K-Waterproof-Action-Cam.html

I will upload an under-car video showing the shock travel and tire reaction tomorrow.
These small self conatined cameras have several benefits. Driver skill improvement is a big one and learning about the different parts of the car..suspension, throttle stop...I have also aimed one at the trans brake solenoid for kicks.
After putting the one under my car, I eventually drastically changed my shock settings and tire pressure.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  frank13 April 11th 2011, 8:08 am

fyi guys, my Bike Shop sells them. we have the roll bar mounts in stock also.

they make alot of accesories for it, like a 3d version also (expensive at about 800)

but i have the lcd screens for them, batteries, ect .....
frank13
frank13

http://www.frankskinkracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 11th 2011, 9:09 am

would love to have one of those .....

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 April 11th 2011, 6:49 pm

frank13 wrote:fyi guys, my Bike Shop sells them. we have the roll bar mounts in stock also.

they make alot of accesories for it, like a 3d version also (expensive at about 800)

but i have the lcd screens for them, batteries, ect .....

Frank,
PM me with a price on on a couple of the roll bar mounts. I could use an extra one...and would prefer to buy off a 429-460.com forum member.
Thanks,
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power April 11th 2011, 7:49 pm

I want to get one, maybe tomorrow... I was looking at the HD Motorsports HERO for obvious reasons. I'm just wondering if its worth it, like how much I will useit and if I should try something else for the mean time. My friend already has the regular one and it seems pretty cool. We'll see what happens... Smile
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down