BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...?

+26
jones
LivermoreDave
cletus66
56Tbird
John Myrick
342g
the Coug
Curt
512Fairlane
steve1071
nuclearcobra
dr's wife racing
D. Sea
IDT-572
bbf-falcon
schmitty
cool40
Lem Evans
DILLIGASDAVE
c.evans
richter69
bruno
69F100
dfree383
rmcomprandy
30 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...? Empty Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...?

Post  rmcomprandy April 13th 2011, 4:22 pm

This is going to be a rant of somewhat so, if you just don't want to hear it, click somewhere else.

When someone posts a dyno test or flow test or any concrete information MOST of the readers are glad to hear it and appreciative of whatever information is given freely.
BUT,
there are those few who question why it wasn't done this way or why you didn't also test another option or how come you stopped there and didn't go further...? Someone tell me exactly what gives them this sense of entitlement to be like that. They've probably never offered any test results of their own for public consumption ... never offered the parts to be tested or gaskets or compensation for whatever time it takes or anything of any kind.

I used to post a lot of test results and a lot of dyno information however, NOT any more. And this is the main reason why; rather than learning SOMETHING from the given test, the "wanna be, criticizers" belittle the data and bash the test as being of "no or little merit" or "not enough information" or simply judge the whole thing as being unworthy.

Well, I am saying here, (and have heard the cry from some other free information givers), to hell with those people!!! You can get your own parts and spend your own money and use your own time to get any information you like. I'm just not gonna give you any data anymore. You aren't satisfied with receiving whatever test results given that were FREE so, now you simply won't get any at all.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...? Empty Re: Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...?

Post  dfree383 April 13th 2011, 4:29 pm

Randy Will you still sit next to me at Engine Masters???? What a Face Very Happy Very Happy Razz
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...? Empty Re: Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...?

Post  69F100 April 13th 2011, 4:41 pm

Randy I am appreciative of what you or any of the pro builders put out for us to read and guild lines to build a our engines.Yes they are always people wanting to put down what you have done or doing or you should do it this way not that way.I hear alot of this on the Pace Trailers to you have installed it this way not that way.Sometimes I get pissed and tell them you may want to do it yourself I have only been building these trailer for 18 years and built about any kind you could think of but you might know something I don't.

Randy the cam you built me runs great with no complaints.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  138 April 13th 2011, 5:41 pm

thats understandable... but you have to ask yourself, would this situation be any different anywhere else, or under any other circumstances almost anywhere in todays world? the answer is probably no. there will always be idiots who want more. dont make the ones that appreciate what has been offered suffer....but in the end its your data, and your call...

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 13th 2011, 6:31 pm

I respect all the info ive learned off of you Charlie, Lem and everyone else thats puts forth the effort to post the data ...... but it has been like that for the last several years , i myself have seen less of Charlie, Lem and yourself post much of the " good stuff "

i thought we got ride of most of those guys from this board .....

Randy i really appreciate everything you do Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 13th 2011, 6:32 pm

where does a guy get some fu fu sparkplug wire looms?................ just asking lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans April 13th 2011, 6:45 pm

Randy.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. As you know I kinda' got burnt over there on the old board.

Since that time there have been several dyno tests that I haven't posted anything about, so Nick I will try to do better in the future.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE April 13th 2011, 7:39 pm

Kinda funny how some guys bitch/cry saying someone's dyno/track testing wasn't done exactly the same way "they" would do the testing is the same guys that don't seem to ever pony up the money to pay for more testing done "their" way to see if it's actually better.

Some people expect others to spend time/money/effort testing every possible combination for them so they won't have to. And some people appreciate & gladly accept whatever info is offered up. Guess it's just the nature of things.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 13th 2011, 8:08 pm

There is stuff that matters and stuff that does not matter....this aint one that matters.....please take a chill pill guys.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 13th 2011, 8:15 pm

Guys ... as I said, most all who post are appreciative and soak up that specific knowledge like a sponge. Specific situations which arise for anybody needing information which has been tested will certainly be shared. PM's will certainly be addressed to help anyone if it's possible. BUT, nothing will be OFFERED to increase anyone's general knowledge.
Charlie, Lem and a few others know exactly the feeling of resentment this may cause and I'm just not of the inclination to go anywhere near there anymore. There can be no "entitlement" reaction if there is no beginning action to spark it. Smile

EDIT: I know that when someone tells me something or gives me information which they have gotten through their hard work or time spent, I personally applaud them for doing what they did. If I happen to find that the information is not exactly to my liking, I will take it for what it's worth and move along. I have no grandeur thoughts of entitlement and I will never understand from where that sense comes from.

Last edited by rmcomprandy on April 13th 2011, 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 13th 2011, 8:27 pm

I for one dont gain much knowledge from reading internet forums.................phone still works for me Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 April 13th 2011, 9:55 pm

richter69 wrote:I for one dont gain much knowledge from reading internet forums.................phone still works for me Wink
clown
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty April 13th 2011, 10:08 pm

Any time someone pushes the envelope, there will be those who will criticize with no knowlege, this does nothing to further our quest. If it is constructive criticism, it is well taken, if it's just an idiot being and idiot, just shrug it off. The only way we learn is by sharing, and I wish I had more to share. I could give a hoot less about nonconstuctive idiocy in a post, but definately enjoy the reviews of peers on how the results turned out. There are way too many armchair engine builders out there, that have no business criticising another persons endeavors.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 13th 2011, 10:49 pm

I understand where you are coming from Randy. I for one appreciate the info I have learned from this Forum and the old site through the years . It's people like you ,Lem,Charlie,Kaase,and the other guy's that post test results and Dyno session results for us Non know it alls that dont pester busy people on the phone. Sorry that you feel that way Randy.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 13th 2011, 11:29 pm

Some would rather be "pestered on the phone" than Have to type everything in a
public forum.......its all about the snake handlin'
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 April 14th 2011, 9:28 am

richter69 wrote:Some would rather be "pestered on the phone" than Have to type everything in a

You don't need to even try to handle me................... Evil or Very Mad Shocked Razz
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 14th 2011, 9:46 am

IDT-572 wrote:
richter69 wrote:Some would rather be "pestered on the phone" than Have to type everything in a

You don't need to even try to handle me................... Evil or Very Mad Shocked Razz

you wish................lol

your thinking in the wrong context.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 April 14th 2011, 9:49 am

I have done some things on my new engine, (out of the box) that I haven't posted on here because of the exact reason Randy has been talking about.

Several people know about it, but they were told by phone calls, and when I dyno here in the next few days , those people will know the exact numbers and what was done to the engine.

I had my butt burned before when I posted my dyno info. I was made out to be a lie about the info I gave. It's people with big egos that think they are the only ones that can build hp with the BBF that bash you................

My engine was dynoed and ran on the track and I feel like it proved the dyno numbers to be correct.

We have a ton of catching up to do to have the amount of test info on our engines that the big block chubby guys have already done. We should be sharing every bit of info we can get our hands on to up the bar against them.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 April 14th 2011, 9:50 am

[quote="richter69"]
IDT-572 wrote:

you wish................lol

I remember what Dee said..................... Razz Don't make me send her to tune ur butt up........ Laughing
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 14th 2011, 9:55 am

be sure to pester me with phone calls when you start makin pulls my brotha........... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea April 14th 2011, 12:06 pm

Randy

Why didn't you use a different font when you typed your message? I think Arial Black, Batang or even windings font would have looked much better. Maybe you should have changed the font color to Red or Purple?

Just sayin…

*Runs and Hides from wrenches thrown my direction*

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 14th 2011, 1:52 pm

IDT-572 wrote:I have done some things on my new engine, (out of the box) that I haven't posted on here because of the exact reason Randy has been talking about.

Several people know about it, but they were told by phone calls, and when I dyno here in the next few days , those people will know the exact numbers and what was done to the engine.

I had my butt burned before when I posted my dyno info. I was made out to be a lie about the info I gave. It's people with big egos that think they are the only ones that can build hp with the BBF that bash you................

My engine was dynoed and ran on the track and I feel like it proved the dyno numbers to be correct.

We have a ton of catching up to do to have the amount of test info on our engines that the big block chubby guys have already done. We should be sharing every bit of info we can get our hands on to up the bar against them.

what a shame .........

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing April 14th 2011, 2:50 pm

I hope ya'll don't stop posting this stuff. I know I hardley ever post in those sections,but I don't bitch either.I've had a couple of people ask me about it over time. The reason I don't post much there is I don't ever seem to have much to add.[be silent and thought a fool] I have learned alot though. Iguess what I'm saying is for the 2% that are peckers about this stuff there is 98% that read and learn what they can without being a bother to anyone. I realize that this is info that I have neither the time or resources to collect and I am thankfull for it. I for one can see my car running better from some of this info.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...? Empty deleted................

Post  IDT-572 April 14th 2011, 3:32 pm

oops
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 14th 2011, 5:47 pm

Man i hate to see a couple bad eggs ruin the whole nest Crying or Very sad piss on those dorks Rolling Eyes there gonna be everywhere, on the forums at the track at the bar it is a pain and i don't blame you for feeling that way but the ones who suck up the info are really thankfull for you guys I love you me being one of them Smile heck Randy you just helped me last week with my seals not staying on the guides you said it sounds like the springs are moving too much so i checked that and your right i had the wrong cups on there so i thank you and its not the only time you've helped me as have Lem,Charlie,Dave and a few more and i'm very thankfull for it. PS. for all you dousch bags that try to ruin it for the rest of us FO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next