BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...?

+26
jones
LivermoreDave
cletus66
56Tbird
John Myrick
342g
the Coug
Curt
512Fairlane
steve1071
nuclearcobra
dr's wife racing
D. Sea
IDT-572
bbf-falcon
schmitty
cool40
Lem Evans
DILLIGASDAVE
c.evans
richter69
bruno
69F100
dfree383
rmcomprandy
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...?

Post  Curt April 16th 2011, 5:55 pm

Hey, I am working, but got rained out today Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...? - Page 3 ThWeather-Thunderstorm
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...?

Post  cletus66 April 16th 2011, 6:39 pm

Randy, I didn't want to bring this up, but if you would have used the E3 spark plugs in your last EMC engine, you could have won the whole thing.

I really like the last cam I got from you. If you remember, I called you and didn't ask for any specs or numbers. I told you what I had and what I wanted, and you delivered it. I'm going to step up to a bigger motor now, so could you pm me with all of the numbers I need for a 10.5:1 521 motor with SCJ heads that I am going to put into a dump truck. I found a guy at Comp Cams that can get it for me for 10 bucks less than you.

I also think that I'm gonna sue Lem and those B.F. Evans guys. I bought a set of bare SCJ's from them, and they didn't send the valves. WTF !!??!!?? I also noticed that they needed about 5 minutes of grinding to remove a tiny ridge above the valve........ Rolling Eyes . I might just go burn the place down.

Seriously, try the plugs I told you about, and I want half of the winnings.............
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 16th 2011, 6:56 pm

Will you settle for a case of beer? It'd save me the cost of a lawyer Smile

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug April 16th 2011, 7:07 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Will you settle for a case of beer? It'd save me the cost of a lawyer Smile

Lem you could get in trouble contributing to the delinquence of a hillbilly Razz
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 16th 2011, 7:14 pm

the Coug wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:Will you settle for a case of beer? It'd save me the cost of a lawyer Smile

Lem you could get in trouble contributing to the delinquence of a hillbilly Razz
He is known as a collector of fine beers.........he dose not actually drink it Wink

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon April 16th 2011, 7:53 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
the Coug wrote:

He is known as a collector of fine beers.........he dose not actually drink it Wink

Bring it too the Bash,Dan likes free beer drunken

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 April 17th 2011, 6:08 am

Actually, you could just tell me that you sent it. I won't remember anyway...... drunken
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave April 17th 2011, 7:01 am

Randy I tried to "click somewhere else", but the more I read the more difficult it became to exit your post! I assume your coming South to attend the BBF Bash soon. I'll take you out and get you some pussy!.. bounce

Happy motoring,
Dave.

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 17th 2011, 11:57 am

LivermoreDave wrote:Randy I tried to "click somewhere else", but the more I read the more difficult it became to exit your post! I assume your coming South to attend the BBF Bash soon. I'll take you out and get you some pussy!.. bounce

Happy motoring,
Dave.

Dave,
The post was originally intended to be "a thought provoking look in the mirror" and it seems to have worked.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 17th 2011, 12:15 pm

Randy, Please do not revoke our thoughts Laughing

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  342g April 17th 2011, 7:16 pm

LivermoreDave wrote:Randy I tried to "click somewhere else", but the more I read the more difficult it became to exit your post! I assume your coming South to attend the BBF Bash soon. I'll take you out and get you some pussy!.. bounce

Happy motoring,
Dave.

Dave is it o.k. if I go with you?
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt April 17th 2011, 7:41 pm

342g wrote:
Dave is it o.k. if I go with you?

LMAO Where does all this sense of entitlement come from...? - Page 3 C893656c4bc54cfbe88e59d5f956dbd27f1
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  LivermoreDave April 19th 2011, 6:16 am

342g mentioned, could he tag along?

Sure, why not? I'll shop around for a group rate!

flower
bounce bounce

Dave

LivermoreDave

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 19th 2011, 7:11 am

LivermoreDave wrote:342g mentioned, could he tag along?

flower
bounce bounce

Dave

One room / One Couple ? or will this be a group thing? Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g April 19th 2011, 10:19 am

dfree383 wrote:
LivermoreDave wrote:342g mentioned, could he tag along?

flower
bounce bounce

Dave

One room / One Couple ? or will this be a group thing? Laughing

DEPENDING ON THE FEMALE COUNT. Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones April 19th 2011, 10:28 am

Randy, I believe this is the same problem teachers run into when they have to many students in the class room. You always have that one person that disrupts half the class so the others can't learn. Where if it was a smaller class you have better control.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg-P February 1st 2012, 8:33 pm

Another bump. Do as I say not as I do to others. Laughing
Greg-P
Greg-P

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg-P May 9th 2012, 8:49 pm

A snot nosed, know-nothing, smart ass bump from a non-contributor as I've been told. Whats the worse that can happen?
Greg-P
Greg-P

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 May 9th 2012, 10:10 pm

your the exception Greg, it reality your actually a pretty cool dude.........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 10th 2012, 8:59 am

richter69 wrote:your the exception Greg, it reality your actually a pretty cool dude.........
Damn it.... Now hes going to start hanging out with us again....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj May 21st 2012, 2:28 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:This is going to be a rant of somewhat so, if you just don't want to hear it, click somewhere else.

When someone posts a dyno test or flow test or any concrete information MOST of the readers are glad to hear it and appreciative of whatever information is given freely.
BUT,
there are those few who question why it wasn't done this way or why you didn't also test another option or how come you stopped there and didn't go further...? Someone tell me exactly what gives them this sense of entitlement to be like that. They've probably never offered any test results of their own for public consumption ... never offered the parts to be tested or gaskets or compensation for whatever time it takes or anything of any kind.

I used to post a lot of test results and a lot of dyno information however, NOT any more. And this is the main reason why; rather than learning SOMETHING from the given test, the "wanna be, criticizers" belittle the data and bash the test as being of "no or little merit" or "not enough information" or simply judge the whole thing as being unworthy.

Well, I am saying here, (and have heard the cry from some other free information givers), to hell with those people!!! You can get your own parts and spend your own money and use your own time to get any information you like. I'm just not gonna give you any data anymore. You aren't satisfied with receiving whatever test results given that were FREE so, now you simply won't get any at all.

Well Randy, if that is how you feel than don't post. If you put something in a public forum you are going to get all kinds of comments and critizime. Some of it I agree may come across just as you see it and honestly may very well be intended that way, but that just comes with it.

If you think some of the critizime is rough and out of order try working in a technical field where you have to give presentations to a bunch of big ego know it all sales people who call the shots and hold the purse strings. Gets tiring having to both defend and educate at the same time. One reason I gave up that profession. I do my own research into things of interest to me and for the most part don't share it except with a few as I don't see a reason to and I am not in business. When I have questions I email or talk to those I know who have the answers or can help me get them. I am happy going along doing my own thing.

I'd also make the point you ARE in business and selling your wares and services and DO get business by posting on this and other boards. Regardless of by design or accident in such a situation when you post data or your latest and greatest some will see it as advertisement. Now I am not passing judgement here, just giving you my perspective.

In closing all I will say is either don't post, or be more thick skinned and laugh it off... one more thing... when a piece of work is submitted for peer review (and I know you don't see it as that is what you are doing, although it is the reality) sometimes even if the messanger is a "Jerk" or "looking for something for free" in your view there can be things of use to you. We can all learn from each other... of course if the replies are THAT upsetting to you, then best to not do something that will make you upset, raise your blood pressure, and shorten you life...

Steve

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 21st 2012, 7:37 pm

466cj wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:This is going to be a rant of somewhat so, if you just don't want to hear it, click somewhere else.

When someone posts a dyno test or flow test or any concrete information MOST of the readers are glad to hear it and appreciative of whatever information is given freely.
BUT,
there are those few who question why it wasn't done this way or why you didn't also test another option or how come you stopped there and didn't go further...? Someone tell me exactly what gives them this sense of entitlement to be like that. They've probably never offered any test results of their own for public consumption ... never offered the parts to be tested or gaskets or compensation for whatever time it takes or anything of any kind.

I used to post a lot of test results and a lot of dyno information however, NOT any more. And this is the main reason why; rather than learning SOMETHING from the given test, the "wanna be, criticizers" belittle the data and bash the test as being of "no or little merit" or "not enough information" or simply judge the whole thing as being unworthy.

Well, I am saying here, (and have heard the cry from some other free information givers), to hell with those people!!! You can get your own parts and spend your own money and use your own time to get any information you like. I'm just not gonna give you any data anymore. You aren't satisfied with receiving whatever test results given that were FREE so, now you simply won't get any at all.

Well Randy, if that is how you feel than don't post. If you put something in a public forum you are going to get all kinds of comments and critizime. Some of it I agree may come across just as you see it and honestly may very well be intended that way, but that just comes with it.

If you think some of the critizime is rough and out of order try working in a technical field where you have to give presentations to a bunch of big ego know it all sales people who call the shots and hold the purse strings. Gets tiring having to both defend and educate at the same time. One reason I gave up that profession. I do my own research into things of interest to me and for the most part don't share it except with a few as I don't see a reason to and I am not in business. When I have questions I email or talk to those I know who have the answers or can help me get them. I am happy going along doing my own thing.

I'd also make the point you ARE in business and selling your wares and services and DO get business by posting on this and other boards. Regardless of by design or accident in such a situation when you post data or your latest and greatest some will see it as advertisement. Now I am not passing judgement here, just giving you my perspective.

In closing all I will say is either don't post, or be more thick skinned and laugh it off... one more thing... when a piece of work is submitted for peer review (and I know you don't see it as that is what you are doing, although it is the reality) sometimes even if the messanger is a "Jerk" or "looking for something for free" in your view there can be things of use to you. We can all learn from each other... of course if the replies are THAT upsetting to you, then best to not do something that will make you upset, raise your blood pressure, and shorten you life...

Steve

I understand all that. That IS why I post very little test results anymore. Although some may be able to benefit from what actual results were given, they will have to find out some other way.
People are not "entitled" to the avenues of those results or what they may be.
If someone wishes to complain about not doing the test the way they wanted, I figure there will be nothing for them to critique and get indignant about if nothing at all is posted so, they can spend the time and money to do their own damn tests.
If someone asks a pointed question then I may answer with some testing results with little about how I got them.
My telephone still works and since I have stopped offering test results, it works more often now, Laughing

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry Williams May 21st 2012, 8:46 pm

jones wrote:Randy, I believe this is the same problem teachers run into when they have to many students in the class room. You always have that one person that disrupts half the class so the others can't learn. Where if it was a smaller class you have better control.

A very true statement
Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  466cj May 21st 2012, 11:08 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:I understand all that. That IS why I post very little test results anymore. Although some may be able to benefit from what actual results were given, they will have to find out some other way.
People are not "entitled" to the avenues of those results or what they may be.
If someone wishes to complain about not doing the test the way they wanted, I figure there will be nothing for them to critique and get indignant about if nothing at all is posted so, they can spend the time and money to do their own damn tests.
If someone asks a pointed question then I may answer with some testing results with little about how I got them.
My telephone still works and since I have stopped offering test results, it works more often now, Laughing

Yes the telephone works Laughing and is certainly a more human form of communication then words on a computer screen Neutral

So what it comes down to is how to share what you want because you want to, but not have the BS.
After I posted I though about where it all goes wrong and had a thought... when someone wishes to post data or their finding because they want to share they should let the admin know and have the thread be locked meaning only the admin or the originator of the post can add or edit.

Basically the information has been shared, but nobody can mess up the thread. Now of course someone can start a new thread to discuss it or PM you, but all that takes more effort than simply hitting the reply button and I bet most of the critics cannot be bothered or it would not occur to them.

Really maybe a section just for posting data would be a good thing, and make it that everyone does not have automatic rights to view that section. As an example I understand you have to have a certain number of posts before you can post items for sale in the auction section. I'd assume it helps keep out some of the questionable characters Suspect

As to the sense of entitlement, don't know... think a forum can be a poor way to communicate sometimes. I have to wonder if they even realize there is a person on the other end... think they would act different face to face.

Steve

466cj

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 21st 2012, 11:33 pm

I am sure it has a lot to do with the way some things are written. With short cuts and no or little punctuation, meanings get scrambled all the time.

The English language has reasons for the way things are supposed to be written but, people writing on forums hardly ever use it the "understandable, real English" way. Sad

I try to be short so nothing will get misunderstood but, being short often gets misunderstood. scratch

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next