BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

+11
56Tbird
dfree383
Barney
BOSS 429
Lem Evans
QtrWarrior
richter69
bruno
Curt
yellowhorse7
bigblok2000ranger
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  Empty Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 2nd 2011, 3:07 pm

Looking for imput from members to help plan the 2012 Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway in Byron, IL. I have about one week to get the date figured out.

Thank You to all who came last year and with some help I think we can make the turnout alot better this year.

I will take all imput into consideration.

1-608-931-4293 please call between 9am-9pm thank you.
Best run to date; 10.51@128.55 on 93 octane!!!
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  Empty Re: Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

Post  yellowhorse7 December 2nd 2011, 9:54 pm

Okay. There needs to be better organization from Ron and BJ. I understand why they grouped everyone together but they should avoid this next year and stick to the classes. Sorry but bracket racing is silly. Run it as a heads up index deal. Use any structure out there as an example. And let's promote the snot out of it! We need cars! I'll help promote it once you get a date but 10 cars ain't gonna cut it. I'm in for an 8.50 index or faster. I'll have yet another kit to turn on Twisted Evil
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  Empty Re: Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 3rd 2011, 12:15 pm

I am trying my best to get it on it's own. The classes are gonna change some from last year but even Rich thinks we need the bracket classes. I learned some stuff from last year and will be trying as hard as possible to get some sponsors so we can have garaunteed prizes...

PS looks like I might have a kit or two to turn on also this coming year Very Happy Gonna have to get cage cert'ed and my competition license in the spring.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 12:59 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote: Sorry but bracket racing is silly.

So, you want to run a pro stock style class, first to the finish line? If you're saying to run an index, it is still bracket racing. You guys crack me up! Laughing
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 3rd 2011, 1:09 pm

Curt wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote: Sorry but bracket racing dragsters is silly.

So, you want to run a pro stock style class, first to the finish line? If you're saying to run an index, it is still bracket racing. You guys crack me up! Laughing

fixed it for you Curt

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 3rd 2011, 1:11 pm

Its not quite the same, .400 pro tree, everyone has the same dial in....................no throttle stops, delay boxes etc. The biggest difference is there will be people in the stands to watch a pro tree index race................. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 1:16 pm

richter69 wrote:Its not quite the same, .400 pro tree, everyone has the same dial in....................no throttle stops, delay boxes etc. The biggest difference is there will be people in the stands to watch a pro tree index race................. Laughing

Uh huh! Laughing They really fill the stands for 27 classes with 3 cars each with an et diff of .5 in each class
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 3rd 2011, 1:23 pm

one friday night heads up night will have more spectators than all of tv's bracket races combined............They run 2 full heads up classes and 4 index style, there will be a line of cars well into the night to get into that place.

I don't see where you need 52 index classes, and honestly the way the small tire heads up stuff is exploding around here it has me thinking I wish I hadn't cut my car up as much as it is. I might get a stock floorpan to put back in the ass of the thing lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior December 3rd 2011, 1:29 pm

richter69 wrote:Its not quite the same, .400 pro tree, everyone has the same dial in....................no throttle stops, delay boxes etc. The biggest difference is there will be people in the stands to watch a pro tree index race................. Laughing

Just like any other Super Comp, Super Gas or Super Street race. And I see the stands packed for them too.. Rolling Eyes

OK..maybe not just like them.. but close enough..
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 3rd 2011, 1:33 pm

we were talking about bracket racing, not national or divisional events..............besides the crowds in the stands watching the t stop guys are just the ones who didn't get up and leave after the pro guys got done lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior December 3rd 2011, 1:38 pm

Ok..The way I see is....
Heads-up racing...Leave the same time, first to finish wins.
Anything else is bracket racing, in one form or the other..NO matter where it is..
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 3:06 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:Ok..The way I see is....
Anything else is bracket racing, in one form or the other..NO matter where it is..
So you agree that S/C, S/G, S/ST are all heads up then? They are all Pro Tree, leave the line at the same time and have a predetermined index.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 3:08 pm

bruno wrote:
Curt wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote: Sorry but bracket racing dragsters is silly.

fixed it for you Curt

Yeah, like there aren't any dragsters bracket racing. Rolling Eyes
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 3:11 pm

This is what they come to watch at thunder valley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FLPdTysL_4&feature=email
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 3rd 2011, 3:16 pm

notice the size of the crowd in the background..............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior December 3rd 2011, 3:22 pm

Curt wrote:
So you agree that S/C, S/G, S/ST are all heads up then? They are all Pro Tree, leave the line at the same time and have a predetermined index.

NO..because the first on to the line doesn't always win.
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 3:46 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:
Curt wrote:

NO..because the first on to the line doesn't always win.

But neither does the so called heads up racing that has an index. Right? Basketball I mean, if you're running an 8.50 class and run 8.49 to a 8.51 the slower, last to the line wins.

I guess in reality, you're agreeing that this so called heads up shit, is just for the guys that can't beat a bracket racer in a 7-9 round race.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 3:52 pm

richter69 wrote:notice the size of the crowd in the background..............
Yep, it is also advertised more than any other night, and most of the guys there have to have 4-5 guys with them to make it thru the night. Kind of like a polo match. It only takes one horse on the field and 8-10 on the sideline.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 3rd 2011, 3:53 pm

most of the heads up races around here are just that, but they do have index classes for the slower guys that cannot run w the heads up guys.................but don't want to run a full blown bracket race.

A common theme I have seen w index racing, no cookie cutter piperacks..........its a hell of a lot more fun to watch 2 doorcars leave heads up on a protree............on the back bumpers................. and run a 8.50 index than it is to watch 2 dragsters leave on a throttle stop...or turn it way down to run a 8.50.

Granted its a lot easier to get it done in the dragster than a 3000# plus small tire car lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 3rd 2011, 3:59 pm

Curt wrote:
richter69 wrote:notice the size of the crowd in the background..............
Yep, it is also advertised more than any other night, and most of the guys there have to have 4-5 guys with them to make it thru the night. Kind of like a polo match. It only takes one horse on the field and 8-10 on the sideline.

lol, TV dont advertise shit............the spectators are not made up from all the excessive crew members, but I will admit there are some of the guys than run it............... the midweststreetcar guys for one, who have a large amount of guys on the starting line....and if you cant find the beams by yourself then you have issues.........that shit does irritate the hell out of me. Mount your bottle where you can reach over and turn it on lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 4:01 pm

richter69 wrote:most of the heads up races around here are just that, but they do have index classes for the slower guys that cannot run w the heads up guys.................but don't want to run a full blown bracket race.

A common theme I have seen w index racing, no cookie cutter piperacks..........its a hell of a lot more fun to watch 2 doorcars leave heads up on a protree............on the back bumpers................. and run a 8.50 index than it is to watch 2 dragsters leave on a throttle stop...or turn it way down to run a 8.50.

Granted its a lot easier to get it done in the dragster than a 3000# plus small tire car lol.

Its no different than the cookie cutter fox body mustangs and 67 camaros. That's like saying that no one watches top fuel, and hangs around for pro stock and ss classes. The owners decide when the spectators are coming out and spend the money to let them know.

Plus, you don't run a small tire.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 3rd 2011, 4:05 pm

I run a medium tire.............. Very Happy which at TV is just as tricky to try and get down with.

argue it all you want, PSRA night brings in the crowds, always has, always will. Dee was here at one earlier this year, she can tell ya................ Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 3rd 2011, 4:10 pm

quit comparing national type events........and at that they are advertised more than any.

even if TV advertised bracket night to the fullest it would not change the spectator turnout much. One smart thing they have been doing is running the MOSS heads up classes once a month w the regular bracket program, they get a bigger crowd those nights ............. cheers
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 3rd 2011, 5:46 pm

Well it is gonna be similar to last year at this point. There will be 2 bracket classes (as opposed to 3 last year); Street class which will be 14.00 and slower must be a street legal vehicle on DOT tires with mufflers and current tags, and Pro which will be 13.99 and quicker no box class, slicks allowed and open headers permitted, no throttle stops and if you stomp on the brakes to stay on your dial-in you lose in either bracket class. (We may do buy backs in both classes if you make it past the first round.)

There will be 2 10.5 tire classes; Poweradder (nitrous, turbo, or supercharged) and a Non-poweradder class. Both classes will require a 10.5 or narrower slick or a 12 inch maxwidth dragradial. (I would like to run both classes no-box but not set in stone yet)

Big tire Class; Tires wider than 10.5 will be in this or a bracket class, this is a no cube limit no tire limit run what you brung and hope you brought enough class. If needed we may run power-adder and non-power-adder in this as well. (If you run this class you should be prepared to run fast last year there was 3 drivers that backed out when they seen another drivers qualifying pass if you enter the class and decide to back out because you are too slow it will be considered a forfiet)

I would like to run all classes no box so it will be a racer winning not electronics, transbrakes will be allowed in all classes other than the Street class.

Yellowhorse, if we need to have indexes in either of the 10.5 classes we may do that.

I am looking for sponsors so if anyone would like to step up please give me a call 608-931-4293 please call between 9am-9pm central time.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 3rd 2011, 6:12 pm

Curt wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote: Sorry but bracket racing is silly.

Not even close to being the same....
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next