BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

+11
56Tbird
dfree383
Barney
BOSS 429
Lem Evans
QtrWarrior
richter69
bruno
Curt
yellowhorse7
bigblok2000ranger
15 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

Post  QtrWarrior December 5th 2011, 5:22 am

Barney wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:
Barney wrote:Can I change My dial in every round in an index race? NO. Can a 17 second Ford tempo win a index race? No. You can train a monkey to set a delay box, throttle stop, and stab the throttle on a pipe job that goes the same every time, on a sportsman tree. Staying dead on a index when the temp goes up 20 degrees and DA changes 600 ft is way more of a challenge then looking at the ET prediction on your weather station and wiping the chalk off and writing a new #. The reason you dont see people in the stands during a bracket race is because thats when everyone heads to the snack shack thats how interesting it is... Bring your pipe rack Ill race it heads up NO INDEX off a .400 tree and I can tell you how your chute opens, hows that.

Fixed it for you...
If you think it's that easy to drive..TRY it..

And just for the info..I don't use a program to predict my ET.. I look at the weather change and predict it MYSELF. No throttle stop on my car..don't believe in them..
I got my comp license at 18 in my fathers short wheelbase s/c 48 Anglia so I'm fairly confident i would get it A to B.

Proud of ya for that...I've only had my comp license for 27 years.. Rolling Eyes
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  - Page 3 Empty Re: Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

Post  Barney December 5th 2011, 9:09 am

Well ya got 8 years on me. If only I was born 8 years earlier. Sad
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 5th 2011, 10:09 am

Yes, a 17 second Tempo could win an index race.

I agree that bracket racing is not a spectator sport, I don't need anyone in the stands to prolong my racing experience, or make me fell better. My home track can operate every weekend without any gate passes.

I don't have a throttle stop.

I have no problem with a .400 pro tree

I typically don't pull my chutes

We both have to adjust for weather, one way or another, because if you have a break out,,,,,,, Its, not heads up! I love you

Just Saying Suspect

Like I said, I don't have anything against Index races, but it is what it is, bracket racing. Sleep
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 5th 2011, 11:14 am

I take it by all the arguing that everyone involved plans on actually showing up, I am sure Barney and Yellowhorse will be there as they were last year.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 5th 2011, 12:12 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:I take it by all the arguing that everyone involved plans on actually showing up, I am sure Barney and Yellowhorse will be there as they were last year.

Eric, I didn't mean to booger up your thread. Sorry. As yes, I'll be there. To Qtr and Curt.....no more talking. Show up in northern Illinois for this deal. Better yet, come to the bash next year and get it put on ya by a 10.5 door car. Whatcha think?
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 5th 2011, 12:34 pm

if it wasn't for the existance of bracket racing...... this sport would be alot smaller than it is now.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 5th 2011, 12:42 pm

dfree383 wrote:if it wasn't for the existence of bracket racing...... this sport would be non-existent

^^ pirat ^^
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird December 5th 2011, 12:53 pm

I'm all about seeing a 10.5 doorcar go 4.50's at Windy Hollow. Hell Yeah!!! cheers Frickin Awesome!! Very Happy
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 5th 2011, 1:38 pm

56Tbird wrote:I'm all about seeing a 10.5 doorcar go 4.50's at Windy Hollow. Hell Yeah!!! cheers Frickin Awesome!! Very Happy

I'll pay to watch at class of 32 qualifiers. Twisted Evil
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior December 5th 2011, 6:25 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:I take it by all the arguing that everyone involved plans on actually showing up, I am sure Barney and Yellowhorse will be there as they were last year.

Eric, I didn't mean to booger up your thread. Sorry. As yes, I'll be there. To Qtr and Curt.....no more talking. Show up in northern Illinois for this deal. Better yet, come to the bash next year and get it put on ya by a 10.5 door car. Whatcha think?

I've been to the BASH every year, so that won't be a problem..
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 5th 2011, 9:21 pm

I have not been to the Bash yet but not for lack of wanting this year I was all set up to go then it was rescheduled and my job would not let me take the time off for the rescheduled date, I am now my own boss so that is not an issue and I will be there if I can. I decided to start this race because their are alot of people that said they wanted an all Ford Race closer to home and I worked to make it happen, granted there was not a big class turnout but Ron Leek and BJ said that we pulled in hundreds of T-n-T'ers so they were still happy.

Last year was my first year of planning an organized race and with the late planning it was not as well thought out as I would have liked but as I promised I am already working with BJ to get one planned for 2012.

I am trying to figure out how to make this an appealing race to as many as possible and one thing I have to have is bracket racing I am not a big fan but heads up intimidates alot of people, so there will be 2 bracket classes and there will be 3 or 4 heads up classes as well.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 5th 2011, 9:33 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:I have not been to the Bash yet but not for lack of wanting this year I was all set up to go then it was rescheduled and my job would not let me take the time off for the rescheduled date, I am now my own boss so that is not an issue and I will be there if I can. I decided to start this race because their are alot of people that said they wanted an all Ford Race closer to home and I worked to make it happen, granted there was not a big class turnout but Ron Leek and BJ said that we pulled in hundreds of T-n-T'ers so they were still happy.

Last year was my first year of planning an organized race and with the late planning it was not as well thought out as I would have liked but as I promised I am already working with BJ to get one planned for 2012.

I am trying to figure out how to make this an appealing race to as many as possible and one thing I have to have is bracket racing I am not a big fan but heads up intimidates alot of people, so there will be 2 bracket classes and there will be 3 or 4 heads up classes as well.

Sounds good Eric. I'll be there to do some show stoppin! I know Rich will be there and can only assume that my partner in crime Barney will as well. He should have something quite sporting next year....
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans December 5th 2011, 9:47 pm

"I've been to the BASH every year"

Quote Mike Stevens...I'm not sure of anything else but, that is a fact.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 5th 2011, 9:55 pm

Lem Evans wrote:

Quote Lem Evans...I'm not sure of anything.

I'm not sure of anything else but, that is a fact. Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  - Page 3 Laughs9
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 6th 2011, 11:02 am

Ill be there. doing some form of heads up or bracket racing.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  342g December 6th 2011, 12:17 pm

This year we will all be there, gotta get this race back on its feet, don't want it to die. cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 6th 2011, 1:01 pm

With enough support this could turn into part of the Bash. Byron is a good place to race. It would be tough for them to make it exclusive to us but it could still be a fun deal.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 6th 2011, 1:16 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:With enough support this could turn into part of the Bash. Byron is a good place to race. It would be tough for them to make it exclusive to us but it could still be a fun deal.

That's getting to far away from center for most of our crowd.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 6th 2011, 3:14 pm

Curt wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:With enough support this could turn into part of the Bash. Byron is a good place to race. It would be tough for them to make it exclusive to us but it could still be a fun deal.

Funny, that's what a lot of the guys around here say about Windy Hollow. Almost 7 hours for me one way. But nonetheless, it is a bit further than most would travel. We do have quite a few bbf/ford in general guys in these parts. They just to come out...
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 6th 2011, 3:30 pm

Curt wrote:

Care to elaborate? The original thought was to put on a race for us Yankees that could either not afford the trip to KY or could not get the time off to travel. If any of the guys from the south would like to come up here I welcome everyone!!!
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 6th 2011, 4:32 pm

Curt wrote:

do you have a car?
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 6th 2011, 4:37 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:
Care to elaborate?

If I have time, I'll drive up there with my map of the United States. We take a piece of string and look at where people are coming from like, Georgia,
Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Virgina, North Carolina, Tennessee, and only Lem knows from where else. Byron would add 7 hours to almost everyones travels.

I talking about the anual BBF Bash, not your heads up race.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 6th 2011, 4:58 pm

Oh I am not trying to compete with the Bash and I hope nobody thinks that, like I said the idea was basically to have a northern version of it, it would be great if anyone can make it the more the merrier.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 6th 2011, 5:34 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:
Curt wrote:

do you have a car?

Razz Razz Razz ...Rich get your azz back to work cheers

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 6th 2011, 5:35 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:Oh I am not trying to compete with the Bash and I hope nobody thinks that, like I said the idea was basically to have a northern version of it, it would be great if anyone can make it the more the merrier.

whats the payout on the 10.5 power adder deal ?

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next