BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

+11
56Tbird
dfree383
Barney
BOSS 429
Lem Evans
QtrWarrior
richter69
bruno
Curt
yellowhorse7
bigblok2000ranger
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  - Page 4 Empty Re: Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

Post  Curt December 6th 2011, 4:41 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:
Curt wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:With enough support this could turn into part of the Bash. Byron is a good place to race. It would be tough for them to make it exclusive to us but it could still be a fun deal.

That's getting to far away from center for most of our crowd.

do you have a car?

No Sad I have a dragster Very Happy
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  - Page 4 Empty Re: Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 6th 2011, 6:22 pm

bruno wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:Oh I am not trying to compete with the Bash and I hope nobody thinks that, like I said the idea was basically to have a northern version of it, it would be great if anyone can make it the more the merrier.

whats the payout on the 10.5 power adder deal ?

I am working on getting some sponsors but last season it was based on entries, I am hoping the Ford Dealership in Rockford will be interested in sponsoring the event as they are also a FRPP dealer. I believe last season's winner recieved ~$200 hoping with sponsorship to get that to atleast $1000. I also have several other places I am gonna try to hit up for some sponsorship.

Chris Scharfemburger is working on a website for the event currently and sponsors will get good advertising space on the website with links to their pages.

It is work in progress right now but here is a link to the website;

http://poweredbyfordrace.com/

If you would like pictures of your Ford powered racecar on the website please email:CScharfenberger@Dismas.com
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 6th 2011, 6:39 pm

bruno wrote:
BOSS 429 wrote:
Curt wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:With enough support this could turn into part of the Bash. Byron is a good place to race. It would be tough for them to make it exclusive to us but it could still be a fun deal.

That's getting to far away from center for most of our crowd.

do you have a car?

Razz Razz Razz ...Rich get your azz back to work cheers

OK
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 6th 2011, 7:17 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:
bruno wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:Oh I am not trying to compete with the Bash and I hope nobody thinks that, like I said the idea was basically to have a northern version of it, it would be great if anyone can make it the more the merrier.

whats the payout on the 10.5 power adder deal ?

I am working on getting some sponsors but last season it was based on entries, I am hoping the Ford Dealership in Rockford will be interested in sponsoring the event as they are also a FRPP dealer. I believe last season's winner recieved ~$200 hoping with sponsorship to get that to atleast $1000. I also have several other places I am gonna try to hit up for some sponsorship.

Chris Scharfemburger is working on a website for the event currently and sponsors will get good advertising space on the website with links to their pages.

It is work in progress right now but here is a link to the website;

http://poweredbyfordrace.com/

If you would like pictures of your Ford powered racecar on the website please email:CScharfenberger@Dismas.com

I'll send pics tomorrow
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea December 7th 2011, 12:10 pm

I'd be interested If/When Illinois changes it's stupid CCW laws Razz
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird December 7th 2011, 12:17 pm

D. Sea wrote:I'd be interested If/When Illinois changes it's stupid CCW laws Razz
That'll really help your red lights,,,what are you gonna do?? Shoot the tree!! Razz lol!
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea December 7th 2011, 12:20 pm

56Tbird wrote:
D. Sea wrote:I'd be interested If/When Illinois changes it's stupid CCW laws Razz
That'll really help your red lights,,,what are you gonna do?? Shoot the tree!! Razz lol!

Yep lol!

Stupid tree didn't light up when it was supposed to affraid
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 11th 2011, 9:53 pm

Talked with Bj Saturday should have a date within ~ a week.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  - Page 4 Empty Byron Ford Event

Post  AlkyPinto December 29th 2011, 11:09 am

I'm only about an hour away from Byron and didnt hear about last years
event until AFTER it was over. I dont monitor web forums on a daily
basis, so it needs to be promoted and advertised better then last year.
Just getting it on Byrons annual printed schedule would be a big help.
But it probably wont matter to me this year anyway if you arent having
a class for fast bracket electronics cars? IMO thats a mistake.

Rich
AlkyPinto
AlkyPinto

http://www.RichKentRacing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 29th 2011, 11:34 am

AlkyPinto wrote:I'm only about an hour away from Byron and didnt hear about last years
event until AFTER it was over. I dont monitor web forums on a daily
basis, so it needs to be promoted and advertised better then last year.
Just getting it on Byrons annual printed schedule would be a big help.
But it probably wont matter to me this year anyway if you arent having
a class for fast bracket electronics cars? IMO thats a mistake.

Rich

run it in a heads up or a index class, i heard they might have something like that
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 29th 2011, 4:00 pm

There just wasn't enough entries to make it worth having a delay box class last year so we do not plan on having one this year, I have been talking with BJ since the last event about an event for this year. I have a friend making a website for the race this year and will hopefully have some sponsors and garaunteed prize money. If we have 16+ cars show up who want to run delay boxes we will have a class for them.

Here is the current plan for the structure of the event this year:

The race will have 5 classes

Bracket classes:

Street: 14.00-slower requires mufflers, current registration, DOT tires, no delay boxes or throttle stops allowed.

Pro: 13.99-faster may run open headers, any tires allowed, any poweradders allowed, no delay boxes or throttle stops allowed.

Heads-up classes:

10.5 tire non-poweradder: any size engine and trans allowed must race on a 10.5 wide treadwidth tire, no delay boxes or throttle stop allowed

10.5 tire power adder: must also race on 10.5 wide tread width tires any power-adders allowed, no delay boxes or throttle stops allowed.

Big Tire Class: This is the run what your brung and hope you brought enough class any tire size allowed any power-adder allowed no delay boxes or throttle stops allowed.

1. All entries must be NHRA legal for the times/speeds they run.

2. All vehicles must be powered by a Ford/Mercury/Lincoln engine.

3. No entry fees will be refunded if you decide to forfiet a race you also forfiet that money.

bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 29th 2011, 8:00 pm

I am doing this for all my Ford brothers and sisters this is definitely not something I profit from other than meeting fellow Ford enthusiasts and sharing a good time. I hope you will come and join us.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  AlkyPinto December 30th 2011, 9:42 pm

BOSS 429 wrote: run it in a heads up or a index class, i heard they might have something like that

I must be missing something? I can appreciate the no-box racers.
But I just dont get the "Heads Up" class??? Joe Blow with an annual
6 digit income shows up with his Top Sportsman car to run the "Big
Tire Heads Up class" and I'm supposed to be compelled to bring out
my crummy 8 sec car??? $140 in tow fuel + entry fees?? Yea right!

Rich
AlkyPinto
AlkyPinto

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 31st 2011, 12:07 am

well im hopeing they have an index 960, or 8 something class
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 31st 2011, 12:09 am

AlkyPinto wrote:BOSS 429 wrote: run it in a heads up or a index class, i heard they might have something like that

I must be missing something? I can appreciate the no-box racers.
But I just dont get the "Heads Up" class??? Joe Blow with an annual
6 digit income shows up with his Top Sportsman car to run the "Big
Tire Heads Up class" and I'm supposed to be compelled to bring out
my crummy 8 sec car??? $140 in tow fuel + entry fees?? Yea right!

Rich

wait a sec, you drove all the way to the bash to race for ?$$$$?
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 31st 2011, 12:10 am

Your crummy 8 second car could have been competive last year but if you don't want to come then I am sorry but I hope you never complain "hey I wish someone would do an all Ford race around here" because that is what I am doing.

Rich was the fast guy in the big tire class with a high 7 second pass and the other guys pussed out so more than likely you would have been in the money but hey I can't make you come.

PS I remember for a long ass time Byron was a strictly No-Box track.

Man I really don't get the mentality sorry.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 31st 2011, 9:28 am

I cant say I ever went to a race just because of a payout or I was a shoe in for a win............Hell I'd still do this if there were no payouts..........but it is nice to get some $$$$ don't get me wrong.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  AlkyPinto December 31st 2011, 10:29 am

>> bigblok2000ranger: Man I really don't get the mentality sorry.

My mentality is, if I'm going to spend a couple hundred bucks going to
a race I better have a chance of being competitive! And thats exactly
what bracket racing was designed for. Anybody can come race anything
and be equally competitive. I went to the Bash because I HAD a chance
to win the bracket race. So where is the logic in me bringing out my
8 or 9 sec car to race some 7 sec car heads up?

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate someone putting an all Ford race
together. Its no easy job and you arent going to please everyone.
Ford races have become few and far between here in the midwest.
I've raced at Byron and supported that track for over 40 years and
I really hope the Ford event is successful. I'd just like to race it. But
if not, I'm okay with that.

Rich
AlkyPinto
AlkyPinto

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 31st 2011, 10:51 am

We drive to the Bash every year just to have a good time, the racing is just a bonus. If I started thinking about the financial viability of every race I would end up just sitting home?
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 31st 2011, 11:54 am

Well come on over and run Pro without the delay box or as I said if we get enough guys with delay boxes we will have a Super-Pro class.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 31st 2011, 2:05 pm

Would anyone be interested in index classes versus just a straight heads up class set-up? I am open to suggestion but to be real honest if your gonna make suggestions please plan on coming.

I for one know I plan on running 10.5 non power-adder.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 31st 2011, 2:19 pm

I would just leave it as is. If you try to cater to everyone you will end up with a bunch of classes with 2or 3 cars in them. The reality is in a run watchable brung the fastest car doesn't always win anyway. If you have a slower bracket and a faster bracket what's the issue anyway. Just zero out your box and grab a lane. If you aren't confident you can hang in a heads up deal then bracket race. I don't understand the issue.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 31st 2011, 2:26 pm

^^^^^^ good advice right there.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger January 3rd 2012, 4:37 pm

http://www.poweredbyfordrace.com/
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans January 5th 2012, 1:38 am

So, I've read the rules and re-read the rules. It seems to me that the focus is on door cars only. I know of several Ford powered dragsters, many of them run in the NHRA Div 3 Jegs SuperQuick 32 Series. They are "big tire", they have electronics with delay boxes and throttle stops. They also are NHRA legal. Are you saying that you don't want dragsters to show up? Are you saying that if they just zero out the boxes and race pro tree you'll let them run? Or do they have to remove the delay boxes?

Likewise I know of more Div 3 Top Sportsman (door cars) and Top Dragsters. Again they have delay boxes, and they're capable of winning the Big Tire class. So are you not wanting them to race or will you let them race if they zero out the boxes, or do you want them removed? How do you plan on "adjusting" for the difference between a 7.00 dragster and a 8.00 door car in the big tire class?

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next