BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

+11
56Tbird
dfree383
Barney
BOSS 429
Lem Evans
QtrWarrior
richter69
bruno
Curt
yellowhorse7
bigblok2000ranger
15 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

Post  yellowhorse7 December 3rd 2011, 6:17 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote: and if you stomp on the brakes to stay on your dial-in you lose in either bracket class

How are you going to enforce this Question
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Need imput from members on Powered By Ford Race at Byron Dragway for 2012 season!!!

Post  yellowhorse7 December 3rd 2011, 6:22 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:
Yellowhorse, if we need to have indexes in either of the 10.5 classes we may do that.

That car >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

equals show stopper Cool . Fastest car in the deal last year next to Wilhelm's TS car. Index or not I'll be there signing autographs stylin' and profile'n Laughing

Oh, btw...I'm not against bracket racing at all. I just options this time
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 7:26 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:
Curt wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote: Sorry but bracket racing is silly.

So, you want to run a pro stock style class, first to the finish line? If you're saying to run an index, it is still bracket racing. You guys crack me up! Laughing

Not even close to being the same....

If it's not run what you brung, then its bracket racing.

I too am glad we can all find something we like to do. But call it what it is. Doesn't make you any faster to run a 10 sec class without electronics.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 7:27 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:
Yellowhorse, if we need to have indexes in either of the 10.5 classes we may do that.

That car >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

equals show stopper Cool . Fastest car in the deal last year next to Wilhelm's TS car. Index or not I'll be there signing autographs stylin' and profile'n Laughing

I'll run you heads up. For pinks pig
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 3rd 2011, 7:29 pm

Curt wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:

That car >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

considering how often you race, I think I could take you cheers ..................a car show might be a different story................ Razz

richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 7:33 pm

Someone has to go out and support the dead beats in this country. I still hit the practice tree a minimum of 100 times per week.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 3rd 2011, 7:34 pm

I sold my delay box and my practice tree............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 7:45 pm

richter69 wrote:I sold my delay box and my practice tree............

Then you have absolutely no chance. Wink
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 3rd 2011, 9:18 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:

That car >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mine is gonna have Circle R power in it next year too!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 3rd 2011, 9:24 pm

Curt wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:
bigblok2000ranger wrote:

That car >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Certainly. But I don't to want to hear you bitching when my iron headed junk takes ur fancy-pants, alky, big dollar setup. And when I take ur shit box I'll be more than happy to give you back the delay box, throttle stop, pedal stop, weather station and all the other gay bracket trinkets. Lol
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 3rd 2011, 9:35 pm

yellowhorse7 wrote:

Certainly. But I don't to want to hear you bitching when my iron headed junk takes ur fancy-pants, alky, big dollar setup. And when I take ur shit box I'll be more than happy to give you back the delay box, throttle stop, pedal stop, weather station and all the other gay bracket trinkets. Lol

Oh you have that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Never mind, I thought you had a real race car. That would take to much diesel to haul home. Basketball My wife says no more junk in the garage. Suspect
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans December 3rd 2011, 10:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFBa9dXkcew

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 4th 2011, 12:20 am

Lem Evans wrote:....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFBa9dXkcew

LOL
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowhorse7 December 4th 2011, 12:23 am

Curt wrote:

My wife says no more junk in the garage. Suspect

Like I said...junk. You are 100% correct
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 4th 2011, 12:28 am

yellowhorse7 wrote:
Curt wrote:

No problem, I started with junk as well when I was a youngster. If you stay in it long enough, and work hard, you will be able to upgrade. Basketball
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 4th 2011, 7:44 pm

bracket racing and index racing is not the same, 99.9 percent of the time neither car in a bracket race leave at the same time,and when they do ITS CALLED A HEADS UP RUN/RACE.

NOT IF BOTH CARS HAD A DIFFERENT DIAL,AND HAD TO STILL LEAVE AT THE SAME TIME, THEN YOU'D CALL THAT A BRACKET RACE?

NOW THAT WOULD BE DIFFERENT.

HEADS UP IS HEADS UP, WITH A LIMITED ET/CAP YUP, BUT ITS NOT BRACKET RACING
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior December 4th 2011, 8:25 pm

IMHO...........

Drag racing, is built on the premise , at least in the beginning, that 2 cars line up, leave at the same time, first to the finish wins.. That is what I consider heads up racing.

Anytime the first car to the finish line can lose, without it being a redlight, it's just a form of bracket racing..
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger December 4th 2011, 10:45 pm

Ok this is a copy and paste from Chris Scharfnburger over on the other site he is putting together a webiste for the Race so if you can help in any way with that please Email him.

I am creating a website for the Powerd By Ford Race at Byron this year. If anybody has some good pictures of their Ford cars or trucks please eMail them to me. I can't promise I'll be able to use all of them but I need some material to get it going.

If you happen to have any pictures Byron race track that would be good as well.

If you have video links from last years event please send those as well.

Thanks in advance. With any luck we can really get the turn out up next year!!

I guess it would help if I included my eMail address

CScharfenberger@Dismas.com

There will be both heads up and bracket racing to suit almost everyone's tastes.

Thank You

Eric Millard
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 4th 2011, 11:15 pm

Can I change My dial in every round in an index race? NO. Can a 17 second Ford tempo win a index race? No. You can train a monkey to set a delay box, throttle stop, and stab the throttle on a pipe job that goes the same every time, on a sportsman tree. Staying dead on a index when the temp goes up 20 degrees and DA changes 600 ft is way more of a challenge then looking at the ET prediction on your weather station and wiping the chalk off and writing a new #. The reason you dont see people in the stands during a bracket race is because thats when everyone heads to the snack shack thats how interesting it is... Bring your pipe rack Ill race it heads up NO INDEX off a .400 tree and you can tell me how my chute opens, hows that.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 4th 2011, 11:17 pm

Curt wrote:
yellowhorse7 wrote:
Curt wrote:

No problem, I started with junk as well when I was a youngster. If you stay in it long enough, and work hard, you will be able to upgrade to a railer a teenager can handle!!!. Basketball
Fixed it for you^^^^^
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior December 4th 2011, 11:38 pm

Barney wrote:Can I change My dial in every round in an index race? NO. Can a 17 second Ford tempo win a index race? No. You can train a monkey to set a delay box, throttle stop, and stab the throttle on a pipe job that goes the same every time, on a sportsman tree. Staying dead on a index when the temp goes up 20 degrees and DA changes 600 ft is way more of a challenge then looking at the ET prediction on your weather station and wiping the chalk off and writing a new #. The reason you dont see people in the stands during a bracket race is because thats when everyone heads to the snack shack thats how interesting it is... Bring your pipe rack Ill race it heads up NO INDEX off a .400 tree and I can tell you how your chute opens, hows that.

Fixed it for you...
If you think it's that easy to drive..TRY it..

And just for the info..I don't use a program to predict my ET.. I look at the weather change and predict it MYSELF. No throttle stop on my car..don't believe in them..

Last edited by QtrWarrior on December 4th 2011, 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 4th 2011, 11:41 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:
Barney wrote:Can I change My dial in every round in an index race? NO. Can a 17 second Ford tempo win a index race? No. You can train a monkey to set a delay box, throttle stop, and stab the throttle on a pipe job that goes the same every time, on a sportsman tree. Staying dead on a index when the temp goes up 20 degrees and DA changes 600 ft is way more of a challenge then looking at the ET prediction on your weather station and wiping the chalk off and writing a new #. The reason you dont see people in the stands during a bracket race is because thats when everyone heads to the snack shack thats how interesting it is... Bring your pipe rack Ill race it heads up NO INDEX off a .400 tree and I can tell you how your chute opens, hows that.

Fixed it for you...
I doubt it. I got a plate and 2 foggers that agree with me.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior December 4th 2011, 11:43 pm

Barney wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:

Fixed it for you...

I doubt it. I got a plate and 2 foggers that agree with me.

That might help..but still won't get you there..
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 4th 2011, 11:55 pm

If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that...
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 5th 2011, 12:01 am

QtrWarrior wrote:

Fixed it for you...

And just for the info..I don't use a program to predict my ET.. I look at the weather change and predict it MYSELF. No throttle stop on my car..don't believe in them..
I got my comp license at 18 in my fathers short wheelbase s/c 48 Anglia so I'm fairly confident i would get it A to B.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next