BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Give us your thoughts on these pistons

+14
342g
Barney
Lem Evans
BOSS 429
KY JELLY
DanH
LivermoreDave
cool40
71f150
c.evans
dfree383
rmcomprandy
richter69
bbf-falcon
18 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Give us your thoughts on these pistons - Page 5 Empty Re: Give us your thoughts on these pistons

Post  56Tbird February 15th 2012, 7:51 pm

Oh..so now I guess it's a fact that Tony Bischoff is the best piston examiner in the world??? Rick should've known that Rolling Eyes
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Give us your thoughts on these pistons - Page 5 Empty Re: Give us your thoughts on these pistons

Post  56Tbird February 15th 2012, 7:53 pm

I heard it through the grapevine that Mr.Bruno is auditioning for a piccolo solo in Red China Shocked Any truth to that scratch
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 15th 2012, 7:54 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
KY JELLY wrote:Mr Malik sir you When you can prove that there have been more bracket races won on gas or more bracket racers using gas I will bow down to your epistemology of this type of racing Smile

That's just silly thinking.
Simply ask the race fuel companies how much of each they sell to drag racers ... even though you need almost twice as much methanol as gasoline to get near the correct fuel mixture, they still sell more race gasoline.
Are buyers simply pouring their gasoline on the ground...? LOL
Not to bracket racers they don't. Razz
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 15th 2012, 7:58 pm

[quote="56Tbird"]Oh..so now I guess it's a fact that Tony Bischoff is the best piston examiner in the world??? Rick should've known that Rolling Eyes[/quote

As Rick would say, Don't you have a commode to shine?
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 15th 2012, 9:19 pm

ain't got there yet Tripod Rolling Eyes
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 15th 2012, 9:53 pm

That purple power is some mean shit huh. affraid MISTER BISHOFF IS THE TRIVIA WINNER I guess. Embarassed

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 15th 2012, 10:54 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
KY JELLY wrote:Mr Malik sir you When you can prove that there have been more bracket races won on gas or more bracket racers using gas I will bow down to your epistemology of this type of racing Smile

That's just silly thinking.
Simply ask the race fuel companies how much of each they sell to drag racers ... even though you need almost twice as much methanol as gasoline to get near the correct fuel mixture, they still sell more race gasoline.
Are buyers simply pouring their gasoline on the ground...? LOL
Most racers buy from their local terminal , it is a pretty common used chemical and fuel companies are way to expensive .
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 15th 2012, 11:19 pm

Now I get it, everyone does, or should run alcohol, and to hide its success fuel companies have devised a plan to hide said usage by not tracking usage and sales by local terminals. The answers been right in front of us the whole time. What else are they gonna hide from else, the next thing you know we're gonna find out they never put a man on the moon. Oh my my whole life's been a government generated lie..... Shocked ? I'm gonna show all of you. My next motor is gonna run on bannanna and orange peels...BEHOLD THE POWER OF FRUIT affraid

Last edited by Barney on February 15th 2012, 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty February 15th 2012, 11:21 pm

I run gas and I win races cheers
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 15th 2012, 11:32 pm

Barney wrote:Now I get it, everyone does, or should run alcohol, and to hide its success fuel companies have devised a plan to hide said usage by not tracking usage and sales by local terminals. The answers been right in front of us the whole time. What else are they gonna hide from else, the next thing you know we're gonna find out they never put a man on the moon. Oh my my whole life's been a government generated lie..... Shocked ? I'm gonna show all of you. My next motor is gonna run on bannanna and orange peels...BEHOLD THE POWER OF FRUIT affraid

Alcohol is a chemical readily available if you think there is a chance that your favorite gasoline out sells it please save me the laughter . I said count fuel cells full of gas at the bracket races and get back with me do you own survey lol!

Laugh , but ethanol can be made from the very fruits you mention even old donuts. It's redly available at gas pumps nation wide .
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 15th 2012, 11:38 pm

schmitty wrote:I run gas and I win races cheers

you know you could combine your corn faster if you had Q16 in your combine lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 15th 2012, 11:38 pm

KY JELLY wrote:
Barney wrote:Now I get it, everyone does, or should run alcohol, and to hide its success fuel companies have devised a plan to hide said usage by not tracking usage and sales by local terminals. The answers been right in front of us the whole time. What else are they gonna hide from else, the next thing you know we're gonna find out they never put a man on the moon. Oh my my whole life's been a government generated lie..... Shocked ? I'm gonna show all of you. My next motor is gonna run on bannanna and orange peels...BEHOLD THE POWER OF FRUIT affraid

Alcohol is a chemical readily available if you think there is a chance that your favorite gasoline out sells it please save me the laughter . I said count fuel cells full of gas at the bracket races and get back with me do you own survey lol!
To be honest I could give a shit. I was just making light of it all. I certainly don't care enough to do a survey of any sort. Like I said earlier in this thread I wouldn't be surprised if it was very popular in bracket racing for the reasons that I also mentioned earlier. I think we all should unite and form an alliance to abolish the use of carbon based fossil fuels in all forms of motorsports, it's icky...
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty February 15th 2012, 11:43 pm

KY JELLY wrote:
schmitty wrote:I run gas and I win races cheers

you know you could combine your corn faster if you had Q16 in your combine lol!

Nah, it runs on red fuel. Propane injection on the other hand...... Laughing
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 15th 2012, 11:46 pm

I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag I'm installing a flux capacitor in my car, when that bitch hits 88 mph you better have your shades on...
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty February 15th 2012, 11:50 pm

Barney wrote:I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag I'm installing a flux capacitor in my car, when that bitch hits 88 mph you better have your shades on...

Damn Skippy there brother. Twisted Evil
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 16th 2012, 12:10 am

alky is a bracket racers fuel IMO,i know a lot here run it anyway.its more trouble than gas but worth it to me for the cooling.i've bought alky from the local farm supply store and i dont figure the fuel companies know what i was gona do with it. Very Happy
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 16th 2012, 12:15 am

[/quote]I think we all should unite and form an alliance to abolish the use of carbon based fossil fuels in all forms of motorsports, it's icky...[/quote]

Booooo Hissssssss !!!! cheers Laughing Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 16th 2012, 12:17 am

cool40 wrote:alky is a bracket racers fuel IMO,i know a lot here run it anyway.its more trouble than gas but worth it to me for the cooling.i've bought alky from the local farm supply store and i dont figure the fuel companies know what i was gona do with it. Very Happy
Oh they know, we all know.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney February 16th 2012, 12:22 am

Q16 has to make power, it smells so bad no one would dare use it otherwise.
Barney
Barney

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 16th 2012, 12:37 am

Barney wrote:Q16 has to make power, it smells so bad no one would dare use it otherwise.
have you ever had a snort of m5? pale
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 16th 2012, 1:16 am

cool40 wrote:
Barney wrote:Q16 has to make power, it smells so bad no one would dare use it otherwise.
have you ever had a snort of m5? pale
Evidently not Shocked Sad
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 16th 2012, 2:02 am

Bet it don't smell as bad as that School principal's shitter after Hobbs never flushed it because he was on his PC most of the night. Razz affraid drunken

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  JARHEAD58 February 16th 2012, 10:30 am

Are you running a vacuum pump. The vacuum pump will suck out all that water. I have to drain my catch can every time I run,and its all water.
JARHEAD58
JARHEAD58

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY February 16th 2012, 2:24 pm

Where is your relief at ? I have noticed since changing to a relief mounted at the intake to the vac pump instead of a valve cover or intake manifold mounted relief I have considerable less in the tank. I wonder if it has to do with not pulling outside air into a warm engine and separating the water vapor out of the air or just the fact that there is not as much air moving through the engine.

I have noticed that with the valve cover mounted relief the liquid that is pulled out has enough methanol to actually burn and with the external mounted relief it is not flammable mainly water.
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 16th 2012, 4:28 pm

Yes, an external relief valve is the better deal. The engine mounted reliefs do pull a volume of air thru the engine.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next